AJL Mod

Started by AtR, Jan 16, 2007, 01:29:11 PM

Author
AJL Mod (Read 91,912 times)

AtR

AtR

Been playing this mod for a few months now and all I can say that this is awesome, besides some things which are to be fixed in the upcomming AJL Mod Release 3. Anybody of you ever heard/played/thought of getting it? Everybody who tried AJL never left anything than positive feedback.
The mod itself is more or less based on Alien and Predator movies. Four types of Predators, Hunter(from Predator 1), Rookie (from Predator 2), Warrior (from AvP movie) and a new introduced Striker, highly armoured, immune to explosion fragments(unless a direct hit). Large variety of weapons, Rookie disc(you track it yourself unlike the original AvP auto aim) and Razor Disc( non aim, like in AvP movie). Four predators, each cannon is unique based on the movies.(No auto aim for the cannon too, you need to lock the target and it rather estimates the next step of the prey and fires the bolt there or you can always fire without lock). Self Destruct is great in AJL Mod, radius is almost the entire map(in some cases, entire map). The right amount of skulls is required to use this option.

Four aliens, Drone,Warrior,Runner and a Guard(Praetorian). Aliens have limb loss(you can blast aliens arm,tail, leg off) Acid kills add to the score unlike in the original AvP2 game. Tail no longer stuns the target, but it used as an attack weapon. Pouncing now knocks the target down(Humans 100% knock down, Preds 100% when caught in air or if preds are using non melee weapons) Melee weapons in hands grants a predator some sort of resistance from being knocked down(You can still get knocked down though). Guard can wall walk but is rather slow at it. You can now use a headbite when ever you want and bite where ever you want.

You can spend hours describing AJL Mod due to its awesomeness.
Anybody interested? :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't actually know what it does. Is it meant to be co-op too?

AtR

AtR

Coop will be introduced in the next release. Currently it's DM, TDM and something else(can't remember) but all servers are set as TDM.

DB

DB

I play AJL. You may have played with me. I usually play as {MERC}Deathbite.

It's quite a good mod. Probably the best yet. I even wrote an "instruction" for it that I showed to J (a close helper of the mod's creator) and DarkTemplar (an experienced player of the mod) and they fixed it up. It had just about everything.

If I find it I will post it here.

AtR

AtR

Sounds familiar, I might have seen you once. I go under [OWNAGE]AtR

AtR

AtR

If you're not bothered to download something you haven't seen then check out these links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_xVk1xikio   - Predators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMAVah6O2MQ&mode=related&search= - Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6k6gjGRA8&mode=related&search= - A little video AJL made regarding the next AJL release.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/first.jpg

I'm player_0. The results of my first game of AJL and I was mostly being owned throughout.  :P

AtR

AtR

Yeah, it was good fun :) Hope to see more new faces from AvPG over there =)

Corporal Hicks

Dachande

Dachande

i was top for a while...but then i fell off my chair.....7 TIMES!

>__>

<__<

I swear to god!

But it was a good game, im improving slightly

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lol you had me worried you'd beat me. I'm improving too. This mod is a wholely different game.

DB

DB

What did you think of the mod in general? Awesome or about the same as AvP2?

AtR

AtR

When I played AJL, I was like ... WTF ... And didn't play reg avp2 actively ever since :P

Dachande

Dachande

i found it easier than regular AvP2...i mean, in a normal avp2 game i'd get about 4-5 kills, but as you can see in the screenshots Hicks posted i got nearly 30

The first game was just because i kept blowing myself up ^__^

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I find it harder. Guns are different, backpeddling is really slow so I can never survive against the Aliens either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed