Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 425,037 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 09, 2020, 07:29:36 PM
I constantly crave potatoes though, so any kind of Keto diet is off the table lol.

Through work I met a vegan who would order baked potatoes and top them with salsa instead of butter. Really good substitute. His nickname was Veggy Rex.

Curious fact I prefer physical copies of books,movies & music over digital.

Xeno Killer 2179

Since non-meat diet is in discussion, has anyone ever done foraging? I've picked an ate plenty of an unknown type of wild strawberry and also something called a thimbleberry. I've not had the courage to try mushrooms, though I have a book on identifying ones you can eat.

Kradan

Kradan

Half Life 2 came out on my 4th birthday

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 09, 2020, 09:19:36 PM
Since non-meat diet is in discussion, has anyone ever done foraging? I've picked an ate plenty of an unknown type of wild strawberry and also something called a thimbleberry. I've not had the courage to try mushrooms, though I have a book on identifying ones you can eat.

We do a lot of foraging  :) The best rule of thumb for starting with mushrooms is to forage for something that's absolutely unmistakeable, like oyster mushrooms. They keep quite a while in the fridge and are well dispersed in temperate climates.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 09, 2020, 09:19:36 PM

Did a lot of urban foraging as a poor student, I knew where all the easily accessible public or wild fruit, herbs, bay leaves etc were in the area.

Spoiler
And I possibly hunted psychedelic mushrooms every autumn for fun and profit
[close]

These days I have a garden so most things I'd want to forage I just walk out into the yard for.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 10, 2020, 06:20:26 PM
Spoiler
And I possibly hunted psychedelic mushrooms every autumn for fun and profit
[close]

Spoiler

Kradan

Kradan

Have you known that it's Christmas today in Ukraine ?  Yep, there's two-week gap between your Christmas and mine

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I have known that, but I dated a Ukrainian girl for quite a while.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh yeah, now I remember you talking about that. Was it when I've threatened to start nuclear war over something Huggs said ?  ;D

It's interesting  because (at least it seems that way for me) where it's celebrated on 25th of December people spend most of their energy on Christmas and New Year is not that important. But here's New Year comes first and is more awaited than Christmas . Our Santa or as we call him, Grandpa Frost comes on New Year. Also, here Christmas is considered to be more of a religious holiday and it being the date of Christ's birth is more emphasised

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm happy.

Kradan

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 10, 2021, 10:32:23 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 10, 2021, 10:24:40 PM
I'm happy.

Is CB aware of that ?

Taking a wild guess here....

Cause and effect

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Love you.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

<3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed