Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 430,987 times)

TC

TC

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 09, 2019, 09:38:02 PM
What the f**k I never thought I'd encounter another Wellingtonian on here.

Not anymore. Now I'm further up the Coast. But Peter J still is. Tell him I said hi, the next time you see him. Ha ha.

TC

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TC on Jul 10, 2019, 03:35:39 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 09, 2019, 09:38:02 PM
What the f**k I never thought I'd encounter another Wellingtonian on here.

Not anymore. Now I'm further up the Coast. But Peter J still is. Tell him I said hi, the next time you see him. Ha ha.

TC

I'm up in the BoP myself now actually. Still head to Welly a couple times a year to do music stuff.

TC

TC

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 10, 2019, 07:07:20 AM
I'm up in the BoP myself now actually. Still head to Welly a couple times a year to do music stuff.

Cool. Next time you come.down take state highway 2 and Pete and I will meet you at Jim Cameron's place for a vegan burger.   :D

TC

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TC on Jul 10, 2019, 09:03:12 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 10, 2019, 07:07:20 AM

Cool. Next time you come.down take state highway 2 and Pete and I will meet you at Jim Cameron's place for a vegan burger.   :D

TC

Sounds like a plan bro  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

When I'm getting ready for work or doing chores around the house. I often listen to one of the ALIEN movies,commentaries or special features like an audio book.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 11, 2019, 10:50:45 PM

When I'm getting ready for work or doing chores around the house. I often listen to one of the ALIEN movies,commentaries or special features like an audio book.

Same. I listened to one last night while doing laundry.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm not the best draftsman, but sometimes when I can't sleep I draw weird creatures  :laugh:

Also, I love spiders. Actually, I like to take pictures (most of the time spiders, but sometimes insects too), and then find out what they are. While of different color, these two are of the Menemerus Semilimvatus sp.

Shity quality but this one here is a male of the Loxosceles laeta sp (aka recluse spiders and somewhat dangerous), of the family Sicariidae. In their pedipalps they have stingers like that of a scorpion. They use these appendices to fertilize females. The adult females have bigger abdomens and shorter pedipalps.

Steatoda sp (aka fake black widow spider). Very good hunting other spiders, although harmless to humans.

I still have to find out the ID of these two spiders below.

I am not sure because of the poor quality, but this individual could be belonging Lycosidae family.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 16, 2019, 05:20:19 AM
I'm not the best draftsman, but sometimes when I can't sleep I draw weird creatures  :laugh:

Looks like a Tarrasque (the offbrand Godzilla in DnD)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 16, 2019, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 16, 2019, 05:20:19 AM

Looks like a Tarrasque (the offbrand Godzilla in DnD)

Funny you mention Godzilla, because I was trying to draw giant hybrids creatures for a story (probably a comic). So, I ended up shoe-horning differents features of beasts (fictional and real) to craft one single one. For my "Paleo-Minotaur" I used shapes of Carnotaurus, Stegosaurus, Dromaeosaurus and Graboid (although not so much with that last one). 

I was thinking of a story similar to Pacific Rim and the conclusion of Battlestar Galactica: humans come from the stars and Earth is in fact Earth 2. They were escaping from a tyrannical alien civilization, so they founded the colony of Atlantis. The evil aliens found them and released the canonical Kaiju King Ghidorah to reduce Atlantis to ashes.

What remains of the people from the Atlantis colony, leaves the surface to inhabit the interior space of the planet (The Hollow Earth theory, long ago debunked). In their new realms (Shambhala), they began to do bioengineering experiments with the local fauna, which is similar to the life forms of the Mesozoic era (dinosaurs and other giant reptiles) in order to create hybrid Kaijus to fight back to King Ghidorah or even their ancestral alien enemy.

Even if I never finish it, it's a fun exercise when drawing new things: creating a story or mythology around your drawings.  8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I like cheese this much.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

We park our cars in the same garage.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm f**kin neurotic

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I eat crumb cake on Christmas morning, and only Christmas morning.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2019, 12:44:06 PM

I drink on christmas morning.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 21, 2019, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2019, 12:44:06 PM

I drink on christmas morning.

Hmm. That does sounds appealing but I would need my coffee first.  Although, I would be open to adding a tad of Brandy to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed