with avp2 blow any chances of another alien or predator movie ?

Started by jacofett, Jul 31, 2007, 02:40:25 PM

Author
with avp2 blow any chances of another alien or predator movie ? (Read 1,747 times)

jacofett

with avp2 blow any chances of another alien or predator movie ? i think maybe what do you think??? ???

Uncanny Antman

No, the first AvP did that.

jacofett

aliensetta

I think even if they didn't make AVP there would still no chance of a Alien 5 and Predator 3.

Katarn

Now that the two creatures have shared screentime, more Alien or Predator movies are unlikely.
People are used to seeing them together now.

And if one of those franchises would be continued, I think it'd probably Predator. It's easier to make a movie about a Predator, than continue the Alien story.
You don't need to see Predator 1 to see Predator 2.
It'd be very confusing to wacht Aliens, without having seen Alien. Same with AlienĀ³, it's a direct continuation of Aliens.

Aeus

Fox will milk the franchise till it dries.

I mean, they rejected James Cameron and Ridley Scott for Anderson's script. They knew it was shite, but they want money over quality.

pretrixalated

I think that we are due for one more alien and predator movie after Avp 3. ;D

Aeus

They AVP movies ar basically Predator movies. I'd rather see something about the Aliens, involving the Space Jockeys.

jimmylace

no. the first one already did.  alien v wont happen, but predator 3 might...albeit a much lower budget movie than it would have been otherwise.

Alienseseses

It could go two ways.
1. Fox would decide that the franchises are no longer profitable.
2. Fox will use these franchises as soon as they are out of ideas.

echobbase79

Fox is crazy if they don't make Alien 5. Rez can't be the last word in that series.

I'm over these Alien vs Predator movies. The more I think about it the more a third doesn't need to happen. Of course if the second one makes money I'm sure they will.

But if Aliens vs Predator bombs I won't be to torn up. It's like someone said above: money before quality. That's what it boils down to.

Alienseseses

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 31, 2007, 08:20:06 PM
Fox is crazy if they don't make Alien 5. Rez can't be the last word in that series.

I'm over these Alien vs Predator movies. The more I think about it the more a third doesn't need to happen. Of course if the second one makes money I'm sure they will.

But if Aliens vs Predator bombs I won't be to torn up. It's like someone said above: money before quality. That's what it boils down to.

AVP3? ONLY if in the future.

solid__snake

I rather want Pred 3 than Alien 5 movie....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 31, 2007, 07:14:29 PM
I mean, they rejected James Cameron and Ridley Scott for Anderson's script.

If the pair had bothered to approach Fox, the outcome might have been different. They never did.

QuoteThey knew it was shite, but they want money over quality.

The concept and pitch they were probably presented with was fine. It had some interesting ideas. It was just some parts of the execution where it fouled up.

It also made money, meaning it was a success.

'Alien 5' is difficult to continue, now that they've got rid of Weyland-Yutani and replaced the Colonial Marines with the inept United Systems Military and if the character of General Perez being put in charge of such a highly important operation is anything to go by, then I don't think much of them.

Weyland-Yutani and the Colonial Marines are two of the main elements people want to see return, but they can't now.

My preference is to make 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' both dreams (and yes, I've had plenty of dreams where I can see myself in them), but not everyone agrees. They're entitled to.

The only other option is to basically retcon it to be a copy of the 'Aliens Versus Predator' comic, with a sort of small town colony, but that's virtually the same as what's going on now.

There could perhaps also be a story about some investigative arhcaeology team who crack open an ancient extraterrestrial vault and encounter a small group of them, but that was also done in a comic. It turned out to be quite good, but was still done.

'Predator' hasn't got very many options, as a story, without being forced to retread the original. The audience already know what would be causing the events, which is why the investigation part of 'Predator 2' fell on its virtual face. Most of the mystery is gone from that franchise.

Predators aren't interested in being a potential global threat. They're self-contained. There aren't any danger aspects, making you feel like they could potentially wipe out humanity if one gets free. That means it would be an excuse in turning itself into a slasher film, unless it's stalking a small military group, but again, that would be a copy.

SiL

I hope AvP 2 kills any chances of any sequel happening. I'd rather nothing to the crap we keep getting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed