Your favorite tips and tricks

Started by brennan4, Oct 01, 2010, 01:18:33 AM

Author
Your favorite tips and tricks (Read 20,130 times)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 02, 2011, 02:52:42 PM
Damn.  I need you to find that vid.  Pleeeeeaaaaasssseee.

http://www.2shared.com/audio/R3Ylvunf/SPOTTED_SHADOW_ALIEN_MAR01_05.html
:D
Be sure to download and listen to the .WAV file first! It would add dramatic sense to this post and then you can view the video.
Spoiler

predxeno

predxeno

The computer I'm on doesn't let me download stuff. :(

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Oh well, it's just a sound clip from the game of a marine saying "It's here, it's here!" :)

predxeno

predxeno

One problem I'm having as the Alien is that every time I pounce a marine, I know he's on the ground, but I don't know where he is and by the time I find him he has already blown me away with his shotgun.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 03, 2011, 07:30:02 PM
One problem I'm having as the Alien is that every time I pounce a marine, I know he's on the ground, but I don't know where he is and by the time I find him he has already blown me away with his shotgun.
You don't have to stay on the surface and try to focus attack, if I would have been the marine and saw you, I would give you a chance to focus attack me so that I can block and counter. So if you try to focus attack/pounce at a marine, and it doesn't respond, retreat.
Also, if you have focus-attacked a marine, jump back to the nearest elevated surface, if you're not sure about his whereabouts.

predxeno

predxeno

I need help; everyone seems to be able to dodge my plasmacaster when I'm a Predator, but I can't dodge any of their blasts.  Anyone know why? ???  Also, other players (Aliens especially) seem to be able to glide over the floor before their heavy attack as they move around me so I can't get a good aim on them yet whenever I do heavy attack, it slows me down and I can't glide as fast as them.  Last problem; I seem to be improving my melee fighting, but when I melee should I move towards my enemy as a Marine so I can close the gap or should I just melee right after I block and not worry about closing the distance?

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 05, 2011, 12:53:09 AM
I need help; everyone seems to be able to dodge my plasmacaster when I'm a Predator, but I can't dodge any of their blasts.  Anyone know why? ???  Also, other players (Aliens especially) seem to be able to glide over the floor before their heavy attack as they move around me so I can't get a good aim on them yet whenever I do heavy attack, it slows me down and I can't glide as fast as them.  Last problem; I seem to be improving my melee fighting, but when I melee should I move towards my enemy as a Marine so I can close the gap or should I just melee right after I block and not worry about closing the distance?
The Plasma Caster shots are not homing, so they can be dodged if you strafe left or right. But be fast, because the damage-radius still might hurt you. As a Predator, if you're far away and try to use the Plasma Caster, there are solid chances that you would miss because it is slow. Lock on to your target for atleast 6-8 beeps, because it's charged and it would be somewhat accurate. Many Alien players tend to jump while heavy attacking because it kinda helps in avoiding being meleed. Sure, it breaks the flow of the gameplay, so I recommend that you avoid using that tactic.  >:(

TBH, I don't know about the melee distance. There's so much lag in the game that even I find it difficult to break heavy attacks. I'd suggest you straight away melee an enemy who uses the heavy attack the moment they see you (mostly people of rank 19-30); then, block, because when meleed, the first thing they'd try would be the light attack.
If you have a shotgun or a Sniper Rifle, you don't need to worry about heavy attacks because they break them if you shoot at the enemy.
Also, I'd suggest using fake-pumping, but at an acceptable rate. Do not overuse this gameplay mechanic because, though useful, it ruins gameplay especially for Marines who are struggling in the matches. :)

predxeno

predxeno

In the Jungle map, I saw a Predator somehow go inside a tree and snipe from there.  I remember that in AVP2000, the City map had a secret room that could be accessed.  Is this the same thing here?  Also, other Alien players can use a tail attack which doesn't take as much time than the heavy attack; I know both attacks are utilized by the L1 or LB button, but how do I control which one to do?

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 05, 2011, 05:50:19 PM
In the Jungle map, I saw a Predator somehow go inside a tree and snipe from there.  I remember that in AVP2000, the City map had a secret room that could be accessed.  Is this the same thing here?  Also, other Alien players can use a tail attack which doesn't take as much time than the heavy attack; I know both attacks are utilized by the L1 or LB button, but how do I control which one to do?
It is a glitch where the Predator can enter a tree and attack others, while the others cannot attack the Predator. It is a lame attempt to win matches. When someone does that, just ignore them and dodge their attacks, they would then get bored and try to engage in direct combat. That's when you teach them a lesson.

The Aliens can tail whip if they are on any other surface, apart from the ground. It's the same as a Heavy Attack but faster.
People again, misuse it because it is unavoidable. I'd recommend using it only once or twice on an enemy, other than a Marine, because two attacks would give you a cheap unskillful kill, that is the Marine.
You can use it to scare people or get a one-hit kill if you hit the head.

predxeno

predxeno

How do I get in the tree as a Predator?  (I want to be able to flush out any other Predatorss hidiing there)  Also, how can I pounce on an enemy while also using heavy attack rather than light attack?  (I want to know this since practically all the other players know how to do this as well)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 05, 2011, 06:11:52 PM
How do I get in the tree as a Predator?  (I want to be able to flush out any other Predatorss hidiing there)  Also, how can I pounce on an enemy while also using heavy attack rather than light attack?  (I want to know this since practically all the other players know how to do this as well)
I will show you.

There is no way you can flush them out. Though they can fall to their deaths, if they move inside.
QuoteAlso, how can I pounce on an enemy while also using heavy attack rather than light attack?  (I want to know this since practically all the other players know how to do this as well)
I don't think pouncing works with heavy attacking. Though there are certain focus attacks that knock enemies down, but from a distance.
Aliens can knock marines down too, but you have to be at a height or something. I still don't know how this works.
Two aliens together can knock down a Predator, using just light focus attacks.

Pouncing and using the heavy attacks, I guess, is what you mean by the jump-attacking. You press the respective attack button along with the jump button.

Osasuna18

Osasuna18

As a predator/alien and im fighting either a marine, predator or alien up close in melee, I initiate a heavy attack but then quickly put up my block - this fools your opponent into thinking your gonna do a heavy attack so they go and counter it with a light attack but because you've put your block on they hit the block!! - you light attack them and then victory should be yours! I call this a 'fake heavy'

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Osasuna18 on Sep 09, 2011, 12:15:07 PM
As a predator/alien and im fighting either a marine, predator or alien up close in melee, I initiate a heavy attack but then quickly put up my block - this fools your opponent into thinking your gonna do a heavy attack so they go and counter it with a light attack but because you've put your block on they hit the block!! - you light attack them and then victory should be yours! I call this a 'fake heavy'
It's called fake pumping. :)

predxeno

predxeno

Maybe it's just my imagination, but all the players I've used that technique on are too noob to realize what I did.  They don't try to counter my heavy attack, they just try to fight as if I didn't do anything.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

If people don't react to the fake heavy attack, and continue to shoot you, they are not noob.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed