Alien 5 Reborn : Teaser trailer 8/1/07

Started by Plokoon111, Jul 29, 2007, 05:30:37 AM

Author
Alien 5 Reborn : Teaser trailer 8/1/07 (Read 12,619 times)

CelticP

Hmm...its alright, but it wasnt special. You NEED atmosphere. Try diffrent kinds of lighting, also, learn to do Stop Motion. It WILL help you alot. Paint the sets so that they look a whole lot better, because it does look like it was made with markers and cardboard. Also, aside from the voices the effects and music were well done....some of the editing is kinds dodgy, better look into that..

Oh and please dont give me the "IM ONLY 14" thing cuz, im 15, and a aspiring filmmaker....(I get crap like that alot...but I doubt you'll do it)

So just work on the style of the film, use stop motion, work on the editing, and get new voices.

:)

Nightmare

Nightmare

im haivng problems seeing videos on google video.....

ill later see it, but i had seen some parts of ur p3 movie before and looks like good stuff ;)

even if this movie isnt anything "great" with time u can improve..
for exampel shadow improved a lot since his 1st deadly species, but even then the movie was great...u got waht i mean

does teh guy have mcuh lines?

EDIT:

add me on messenger (if u have it) so we can talk

my mail is jekyll_72@hotmail.com

and stop motion is indeed necessary...fig filsm without stop motion never are anything speciall (usually)

CelticP

???

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Well stop motion gives a choppy look towards a film, yes I have tried it before. Im not looking into stop motion in this film. This is  only the first scene, and I decided not to use paint, most of the film is not bright, and later the movie is darker, with strobes and light off. A couple of sets are pretty good liek the hanger, and hive hallway.

And nightmare ill email you the script lines, he has quite a lot of lines, hes unique because of his ancient machette, and hes the first one to die :p     

CelticP

If you do SM right, it wont look choppy.

Nightmare

Quote from: CelticP on Jul 31, 2007, 09:47:11 PM
If you do SM right, it wont look choppy.

i agree, just train a lot before putting it in the actuall movie

kinda make u pred fig kill an alien or so just for test

stop motion is essential most of times otherwise the movement looks even less real (among with whats possible for figures)

Alienseseses

It felt odd, what with the starwars.
Cardboard... It all looked like drawn on cardboard... and the camera shook a lot. Still good though. Record the voices after shooting.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

^ Thats what I did, I ust to do voices while filming, I stopped that and voiced them when I was editing in Vegas 7.0. The starwars figures were rhe only kind of people I could use. Im sure later with more expearence and more films my thigns will look better.

I mean look at Probot productions Alien 5 2 they used no stop motion.

CelticP

No, but they took toys and made them into puppets. Thats how they moved, and they also had atmosphere, and good sets. You REALLY have to work on those sets man....

Plokoon111

I can't now im just about finished, and dont got enough tape left, or space to refilm, ill deffently take your advice about the sets. Its not like I can buy stuff at  the store, my parents arent into the idea of me filming with toys, and making sets. Im just using what I can. But ill really look into building much much better sets. And yes I did do the figures puppet style, with bendable wires, and hands as a lat resort. Its really hard and it took a week so far of filming, im trying the best I can right now, im just hoping you guys will like the death/ action scenes. Im really excited about finishing and showing people my work. Im going to really detail and work with the last scene of the movie. The alien and the last survivers. Anyone can help, including you Celtic!

SM

SM

Pointers for action figure flicks:

- Play it either flat our for laughs or ultra-over-the-top straight that people will find it funny.  You can't do serious drama with action figures.  Difficult to tell what you're going for here.
- The sets are appalling.  At least paint them or something.
- Sound is incoherent.
- Please, in the name of all that is holy, invest in a tripod.

QuoteIf you do SM right, it wont look choppy.

That's correct.  I won't.

Ahem... Stop motion with video cameras is extremely difficult to do 'right'.  If you're on a tight budget, better to use a digital still camera then use an editing program to link all the images into a sequence.  For NTSC, about 15 frames per second is plenty.  In this instance however the puppeteering is the least of his problems.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

This is getting very annoying, Im about to quit. Im getting kinda flamed, like I suck so much. 1: I dont got a tripod thats that small to go on the floor, TWO, i got no digital camara unless you guys want me to use the video/camara I used to take the pictures earlier which I also got flamed for. Jeeze, this is just for fun, no budget. Three a couple of threads I posted people flame me for stupid things likesaying *facehuggers killed them* Which people were going crazy which really isn't nessasary, I can understand that im new, but never ever did I get this much negative towards any forums. Thats what I have to say, I might finish, but by the looks of it I might as well as not show the movie here, who knows. Sorry for the others that were nice, and Celtic  i get what your saying, its just that im getting frustrated.
Key points: Im only using what im aloud to use.
Im not spending anything.
Don't expect me to be a voice talent star.

SM

SM

Remember this?

QuoteOk then. But if we hate it...dont cry like a baby, just take it in, and find out why we hated it...mmkay?

Okay.

Quote1: I dont got a tripod thats that small to go on the floor,

You should be able to pick up a small tripod for next to nothing.  If you can't then rest the camera on some books.  Anything to stabilise it.

And while we're on cameras - learn to the use the manual focus.  Don't leave it on auto focus.  Especially when you're doing close ups.

Otherwise you seem to have backed away from:

QuoteI am a pretty decent movie maker, and am real good at making action figure flicks.

No on both counts, you're not.  Not yet.

But everyone has to start somewhere, so either take our advice on board, or whinge and moan and learn nothing.

CelticP

Dude, not everyone is going it. SM is right on the money, im sorry, but if the rest of the film is like that, then it wont be that great.
Heres 2 little action figure films I have done...

Sure the voices suck...and its not the greatest thing, but I dig it...I really like the lighting effects I did, im very proud of that. And I USED what I had, I bought nothing.

This one isnt done yet, I just wanted to post a kinda preview....

And if making movies is what you want to do, then your parents SHOULD support that. Regardless what you use.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Butr I dont want to film when im older, its a bad situation, you could make a good movie, or you could have a sucky one. I want to be a electrician. My parents think its werid, as alogn with my brother.
And my main video camara LCD screen dont work, its blank, so I cant put it on auto focas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed