Bolaji Badejo

Started by Valaquen, Aug 31, 2010, 12:18:10 AM

Author
Bolaji Badejo (Read 17,266 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

An oft wondered question, but any information on the guy? According to the internet, this is Bolaji sans Alien suit:

But as you can see, it's not (some may have been confused, as there is a photo of this man with a woman whose name is ... Bolaji Badejo, wife to a man called Peter Badejo - she's a dancer in the show 'Joe Guy', as is the man pictured).

Another image claiming to be an older Badjo is this

I think it's quite something that the man has completely vanished, there's nary a word about him anywhere.

BANE

BANE

The bottom one's Lebron James...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 31, 2010, 12:20:13 AM
Well there we go - both photo's debunked!

SM

SM

Some of the dudes who worked on Alien believed he may be dead, though I don't know if that was confirmed.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 31, 2010, 12:23:30 AM
Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 31, 2010, 12:20:13 AM
Well there we go - both photo's debunked!
No, I'm not entirely sure, but look at the similarities:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2010, 12:27:29 AM
Some of the dudes who worked on Alien believed he may be dead, though I don't know if that was confirmed.
That'd be a shame. I'd love to have heard him talk about Alien (and I could be mistaken ... but I'm sure there were a few quotes from him in an old 1979-ish mag that featured Giler and Giger as well...)

Hmmm .... maybe ... ...

ADC

ADC

Wanted to give this thread a bump.

Does anyone know where he was a student, where he studied? Presumably he was on a graphic design course.
Johnny, do you know what year Screen International reportedly printed his suicide? I'll try and track down the issue.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ADC on Jul 03, 2011, 05:39:23 PM
Wanted to give this thread a bump.

Does anyone know where he was a student, where he studied? Presumably he was on a graphic design course.
Johnny, do you know what year Screen International reportedly printed his suicide? I'll try and track down the issue.
He studied in London, I believe, but can't confirm. He studied graphic design, I believe. You may have to find a specific technical college/university from the time.

I tried contacting SI but got no reply, all I know is that it was in the early 80's, Jon Sorenson said to me: Bolaji's suicide was reported a few years after ALIEN was released in the British periodical "Screen International". Later it was confirmed to me by another individual, possibly dear Neil Swan of the ALIEN SFX crew, but I cannot now recall who exactly. I remember being upset by the news, vividly, since he was a major member of the ALIEN family. I have no doubt he is gone.
http://alienseries.blogspot.com/2010/09/under-skin-bolaji-badejo-bolaji-badejo.html

ADC

ADC

Great Blog post, you've done well. I'm going to go through the SI archives and hopefully it won't take a week of evenings to go through the archives! I'll report back what I find.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ADC on Jul 03, 2011, 05:47:54 PM
Great Blog post, you've done well. I'm going to go through the SI archives and hopefully it won't take a week of evenings to go through the archives! I'll report back what I find.
That's great, I didn't know there were any SI archives...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The bottom photo (the one that looks like Lebron) is of David "the admiral" Robinson.  Former Navy college player who would go on to be a stud for the San Antonio Spurs.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2011, 05:56:00 PM
The bottom photo (the one that looks like Lebron) is of David "the admiral" Robinson.  Former Navy college player who would go on to be a stud for the San Antonio Spurs.

Indeed. For a bunch of nerds you guys suck at facts. Badejo died in the early 80s, and there aren't ANY pix of him on imdb and there never have been.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 03, 2011, 06:03:57 PM
Indeed. For a bunch of nerds you guys suck at facts. Badejo died in the early 80s, and there aren't ANY pix of him on imdb and there never have been.
I think that's pretty much what we established ... I don't know where you're getting IMDb from.

ADC

ADC

QuoteFor a bunch of nerds you guys suck at facts. Badejo died in the early 80s...
Speaking of facts and their validity, the point of this thread it seems to me, is that his death hasn't been proven beyond doubt.
Since you're speaking in absolutes, if you can prove that he's dead – which would be a fact – then please do.

He may well indeed have passed and no-one's saying he hasn't but the point here is that there is no insightful knowledge either way and many people are interested to know what the real story on this guy is.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 03, 2011, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Jul 03, 2011, 06:03:57 PM
I think that's pretty much what we established ... I don't know where you're getting IMDb from.

Because that's where the "stock" photo first posted was originally put up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed