anyone dissappointed?

Started by MrLee, Jul 28, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

Author
anyone dissappointed? (Read 6,397 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

no joke...

SausageDemon

SausageDemon

I get the distinct impression that Colin is not very happy with Fox's marketing department. They should have released, at least, a non footage teaser trailer and a heap of stills. Really as a proof of life.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I'm definetly going Opening Day. First, i want to see the trailer before i say i'm going to see the movie, However, chances are, i'm going to see it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cellien on Jul 29, 2007, 03:03:52 AM
That Batman trailer was probably the lamest teaser ever.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Jul 29, 2007, 05:41:24 AM
It's not about us. It's about the general public.

Oh well. It's actually a pretty smart move, separating themselves from any form of mildly interesting movie that may sway people away from it.

"This Christmas, when all the movies are shit, one turd will stand above them all! Aliens vs. Predator, coming soon."

But seriously, I'm gonna see it opening day.

I wanna go to the Premier.

The Ultimate Predator

Love the new teaser trailer, Joker is gonna rock.

Aeus

Aeus

I thought it was clever, and creepy. It's gonna be a great film.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Jul 29, 2007, 02:05:18 PM

I thought it sucked monkey balls and wasn't worth the wait at all. If they would have showed one really quick shot of Batman or the Joker I would have been happy, but nooooooo! That's already way too much to ask.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 29, 2007, 02:30:05 PM
Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Jul 29, 2007, 02:05:18 PM

I thought it sucked monkey balls and wasn't worth the wait at all. If they would have showed one really quick shot of Batman or the Joker I would have been happy, but nooooooo! That's already way too much to ask.

http://www.whysoserious.com/

That's why you have me here, so that I can show you everything about the Joker.

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Jul 28, 2007, 04:21:14 PM
Quote from: Scree on Jul 28, 2007, 04:13:39 PM
I really don't know. "A week or so..." can also mean maybe two weeks, three weeks or a month. I'm not gonna hype myself until I definitely know when the trailer's gonna be released.

Marketing will come out with it when they want to, which is why we aren't giving out a specific dates anymore. We don't control it.

The good news is that the trailers are long and revealing, so it will make the wait worth while.

why, colin why, is this tacking so long for this teaser I mean arent the studios whanting for this movie to get publicity or do they have there heart set on destroying what small dignity this franchise has left???
for this franchises sake I realy hope/trust that you guys made a great movie.
I have faith in this film! ;D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: pretrixalated on Jul 29, 2007, 03:40:55 PM
why, colin why, is this tacking so long for this teaser I mean arent the studios whanting for this movie to get publicity or do they have there heart set on destroying what small dignity this franchise has left???

I doubt he has any idea. He only worked on the film. A different department is handling how, when and where it gets any publicity.

The main reason for it not yet getting much is probably because it hasn't got a reasonable budget, compared to most of the blockbusters presently being pushed to the public. Those ones are their priority.

Yeah, Fox is concerned more about money and how to handle that money, than anything else. But that's their job.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 29, 2007, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: pretrixalated on Jul 29, 2007, 03:40:55 PM

I doubt he has any idea. He only worked on the film. A different department is handling how, when and where it gets any publicity.

The main reason for it not yet getting much is probably because it hasn't got a reasonable budget, compared to most of the blockbusters presently being pushed to the public. Those ones are their priority.

Yeah, Fox is concerned more about money and how to handle that money, than anything else. But that's their job.

Maybe Fox is assuming that if the strategy is different than AVP's, which gave away everything in trailers, then people will assume it is greater than said AVP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed