An AvP Script I Did (Read 24,561 times)

SiL

SiL

How do you barely download something? :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2013, 05:24:51 AM
How do you barely download something? :P

By finally downloading it after so long, and I edited my post, because I think I found mistake, or I'm reading something wrong.

SiL

SiL

That's a mistake from when I quickly changed some of the more glaringly bad dialogue. It's supposed to be

"...we may as well do our job, and do it right."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Thanks for clearing it up. Not sure when I'll finish reading since I'm doing other things at the moment, but I hope to be able to give my thoughts on it sometime tomorrow.

SiL

SiL

Looking forward to it!

EDIT

You told lies, ShadowPred! Lies!

Prime113

Prime113

Gonna give this another read. I really need to get back into writing again, and, weirdly enough, I wrote more when I read.

SiL... I'm gonna be epically critical this pass. No more mister nice pussy. Total asshole time!

:laugh: That, of course, was a joke, and me having some fun. :P

SiL

SiL

I have a very, very hard time trying to read this now on account of how old and quickly written it was, if I'm honest :P

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2013, 06:32:30 AM
I have a very, very hard time trying to read this now on account of how old and quickly written it was, if I'm honest :P

:laugh: I went back and read one of my first screenplays not too long ago.....at least I can tell I'm improving.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

It's good to look back and see where you've come from every now and then. Best case scenario, you get a little ego boost when you see how much you've improved; worst case, you realise you're still every bit as bad and need to get to work getting better :P

All things considered I don't think this is a bad script, for what it is. But I'd have to rewrite just about every word to be happy with it these days.

SM

SM

I often get a kick out reading something really old and realising - this is actually pretty decent.

This is quickly followed by the realisation that you've done precisely sweet f**k all with it in the ten years since you wrote it.

SiL

SiL

I wish I could do something with this. Some of the action sequences are pretty good and one of the only things I likely wouldn't change with a redraft.

But I've thought about re-writing this without the Aliens or the Predators, and quickly realised there's almost nothing else going for it plot-wise. Which has made me somewhat re-appraise how I approach stories like this since; remove the novelty item, and if the plot suddenly seems disposable, start rewriting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed