ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR?

Started by mokole, Aug 17, 2010, 07:59:00 AM

Author
ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR? (Read 1,871 times)

mokole

mokole

so how is an alien supposed to take down a predator in melee, the only thing an alien has? fine the pred is heavy and the aliens attacks don't stun them save for a sec...its impossible to stop a pred heavy attack(nearly)... so any tips? cause its always pred vs pred matches and its getting old... speed is worthless if u can't hurt ur opponent like he can hurt u...

Brother

Brother

It's an old topic.

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

hand to hand a predator would proberbly win... its about reaction time and which move happens.... one wrong move can get you killed so you have to learn fast on what your opponent is going to do... if he is blocking he is waiting for you to move so he can counter what ever happens... watch him... aliens speed can change the fight dramatically... move back and let him come after you. try to confuse your enemy. i understand what your saying about light melee... sometimes the aliens melee dosent stop a predators heavy attack... well all i can say is that your playing aliens wrong... there not meant to stand toe to toe against predators but a skilled alien can do. watch your prey wait for them to do the wrong thing then attack.

unclekulikov

unclekulikov

My favorite way is to hit the X button when behind them.

They don't have motion trackers so you can sneak up on them more easily than marines.

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

HeavenlyBIGFOOT

if your alone and you were camping as a predator... picking off aliens from a far and you get SK? you deserve it.lol. not watching your surroundings. but i do hate that while a big fight is goin down all you have to do to get a kill is go behind someone. there should have been an automatic trigger effect when the player is aware of an enemy... the enemy cannot do a SK. but anaware is perfectly fine... but i still have alot of fun playing this game and i think i will do for a long time until they bring out a better avp multiplayer... if avp 2 comes out i ask for only alot more customization for my characters and refine a few little things in combat... other than that im happy.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Heh.

You play the console version, I'm presuming.

mokole

mokole

yep ps3 the pred vs pred game... don't know why everybody plays them....

|ES|REDRUM|LDR|

|ES|REDRUM|LDR|

Quote from: unclekulikov on Aug 17, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
My favorite way is to hit the X button when behind them.

Maybe someday you can learn skill.  In the meantime you need to understand that most people despise people that use your tactic.

Aliens can easily take down Preds if they play strategically and take the right opportunities for attacks.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Unfortunately, the console versions aren't patched to the level the PC version is. The PC version features better combat balance.

And Redrum, there's a lot of skill and risk in stalking an enemy successfully, especially considering the noises the Alien makes, its lack of invisibility and the vision modes Predators have access to.

Stalker

Stalker

Heavy attack twice then light attack once, or trophy kill them while they're stunned. If you know what you're doing predators go down easy.

The main thing to remember if you're attacking from the front is to block their focus lunge, as most pred players will usually pounce at you when they get within 30ft or so. Counter that attack, then hit them with the tail, then rip their face off. It's that simple.

Another good tactic is the pump fake. Start a heavy attack, then block straight afterward. This means the enemy will try to counter you with a light attack & immediately be met by another counter in return. It's an effective trick.

mokole

mokole

block with light attacl is counter? cause it doesn't do much the pred is fazed for a sec then just pounce attacks me when i'm heavy attackin...and from two feet away any pounce from the pred causes the alien to crumble under its light weight frame...does rebellion know they're similar weights? had somebody say the alien was like 100lbs. and the pred was 3 tons the other day....i just laughed no wonder people think the game is accurate if they don't know squat about the two instead of just one...

Stalker

Stalker

A predator's pounce will only knock you down if they leap from a distance. At close range it's near-useless.

Countering a light attack will usually give you enough time to follow up with the tail. I circle around the enemy while I'm charging up for the heavy to make it harder for them to turn & interrupt the attack. It doesn't work every single time, but the pred player has to be pretty damn quick to counter it.

Most of the time I just run up, tail them twice in the face, then either a quick light strike or a trophy kill finishes them off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed