NECA Predators Series 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 06, 2010, 04:57:31 PM

Author
NECA Predators Series 3 (Read 245,344 times)

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Yeah, well I'm glad to hear the paint job is okay. I generally visually scan them while they're still in the box.
I was pretty concerned, the tusks are never straight because they're bent against the plastic bubble packaging.
Which is just inconsiderate to people who don't want to f**k with their figure for a bit.
Anyone know if this is the soft plastic or hard plastic version?

The paint looked so and so, I just really don't like the very OBVIOUS patches of green on his head.
I know they're there, but I don't recall them being so obvious. Plus even on Falconer, the paint doesn't blend onto the torso, which is also minor but still.

Either way, I love tracker. Hot Toys tracker looks pretty sick... You guys have to admit! I'm never going to buy a hot toys because I'm a poor student, but still!

I might just do the minor blending onto the torso and re-align the tusk(s) if needed.

Shadow

Shadow

QuoteEither way, I love tracker. Hot Toys tracker looks pretty sick... You guys have to admit! I'm never going to buy a hot toys because I'm a poor student, but still!

do as i do, wait until the future, once you have a good job with a good pay, go all out and get the hot toys!, im planning to

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

I got Elder today. Amazing. Best part is he didn't break. Paint isn't 100% movie accurate but it is decent and nice.

Abe

Abe

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Sep 30, 2011, 03:46:47 PM
I got Elder today. Amazing. Best part is he didn't break. Paint isn't 100% movie accurate but it is decent and nice.

You bet me to it. :D
Almost every word you just said was what I was about to say. My Elder came today aswell.
Also got Gort a few Days ago, Love him.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Im tempted to get Gort mask Anytime but the fact that they didn't use the new Neca paint aps are kind of putting me off a little bit.

uruk

uruk

same here. i'd take him, but why the old paintjob? just why the hell?

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

It dosen't look bad with the old paint aps. But whats the sense of moving to a different factory for better paint aps when you release a figure with the old paint aps? Oh well. I also wanted to point this out; when I was looking at my Elder, I noticed his left forearm (the arm without the blades) is just a repaint of the classic predator, you can see the netting if you look closely. Since they resculpted his right arm, his head and his upper left arm, why not redo the lower forearm?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Sep 30, 2011, 08:08:46 PM
It dosen't look bad with the old paint aps. But whats the sense of moving to a different factory for better paint aps when you release a figure with the old paint aps? Oh well. I also wanted to point this out; when I was looking at my Elder, I noticed his left forearm (the arm without the blades) is just a repaint of the classic predator, you can see the netting if you look closely. Since they resculpted his right arm, his head and his upper left arm, why not redo the lower forearm?

Saving on cost.

Business, plain and simple...that's how it works.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Some companies take more short cuts then others, for NECA to maintain above the rest. They require such short cuts to be made. *sadface*

Abe

Abe

I don't mind Gorts paint that much. Its the Mask and Spine trophy that makes him look good whilst  standing next to the rest of my figures. :)

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

If i had the money to, I would probably buy another classic series 3 and just swap heads. :P
But yeah I get what you mean.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: Abe on Oct 02, 2011, 07:17:24 PM
I don't mind Gorts paint that much. Its the Mask and Spine trophy that makes him look good whilst  standing next to the rest of my figures. :)

I agree the most appealing features of the Gort Predator are the mask and spine trophy. The intricate details on both are the highlights,

Master

Master

I got my Elder and two Hounds a week ago. I`m very happy of those, finally my Tracker looks complete. And the Elder? Oh my!

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I got my tracker. Looks like shit. =/
I'll post pics of mine later, I just got a bad paint job. But I got this one from ebay, I still have one coming from the states.
I got it for $10 =3

Shadow

Shadow

bah, i still havn't got the new ones, but i think I'm going to order soon. when it comes to variants, its tempting because they are all cool. but yet i'd like just one figure of each individual. i wonder if there would be any buyers if i bought variants and kept the heads and accessories, and sold the bodies on ebay for costum makers to buy?. thinking of getting the variants and keeping the best painted body of the two, and sell the other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed