Movie is no longer listed in theaters

Started by voltz, Aug 01, 2010, 06:46:13 PM

Author
Movie is no longer listed in theaters (Read 22,889 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Aug 02, 2010, 09:10:00 PM
How in the world was this film not promoted? I think this film is a great example of good promotion for a movie.
This is an example of bad promotion. If I wasn't a member here, I wouldn't even know the movie exists.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Aug 02, 2010, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Aug 02, 2010, 08:59:43 PM
Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Aug 02, 2010, 08:54:19 PM
It\\\'s only made $49mil domestically, which to me is a bomb. Thanks to all the azzholes who didn\\\'t pay to see it and help keep the franchise going.

You can\\\'t tell me only 6 or 7 million people were a fan of the first Predator movie (49mil divided by $7 per ticket) Where the hell are the rest of the fans of the original movie? Watching the lastest Seth Rogen crapfest?

They probably had their hearts broken by the poor P2 and then had it ripped out completely by AvP and AvPR resulting in them being righting of Predators altogether.

Fox did not give this movie much backing and based on its budget and how awfull the last 3 Pred films were recieved I think Predators has done very well. It had a lot of things going against it and its done well.

Which makes me wonder why they\'d hire Rodriguez but then not bother to promote it . . .

Also, P2 made me more excited for Predators, not less. I remember always hoping they\'d actually make a movie where the Predator survives. Still waiting . . .

Predators was not Promoted????

I dont see what you are talking about considering the bombardment of tv spots I saw on different channels. The considerable ammount of behind the scenes videos, the character Featurettes, the countless interviews and the appearence of the movie at SXSWW in Austin Texas. And Adrien Brody\'s Appearence on a letterman (or Leno i dont remember which)

How in the world was this film not promoted? I think this film is a great example of good promotion for a movie.

as someone mentioned, had I not been a Predator fan boy I would not even heard of this movie! A lot of my friends, who are fans of the original but hated P2, did not even hear about the movie until they saw a poster in the local cinema!!

i think I have only ever caught one TV spot for Predators and that was day before release date (UK) whereas I have seen numerous trailers for films like Inception, Twilight, hell I have seen couple of TV spots for A-team!!! I think Fox got their fingers burnt badly with P2 and the AvP franchise and therefore did not want to take the risk. Now that Predators is a success expect a marketing frenzy for its sequel!!

spinksy

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 02, 2010, 09:16:47 PM
This is an example of bad promotion. If I wasn't a member here, I wouldn't even know the movie exists.

yeah basically all my mates - who all love predator, didnt have a clue this film was coming out (at all)

i promoted this film quite alot lol - posting links to trailers etc on facebook an that

Predator Queen

Quote from: voltz on Aug 01, 2010, 06:46:13 PM
I was just viewing my list of theaters for show times and there's nothing of Predators turning up anywhere.  Can I get a doublecheck if anyone is getting the same results in their area?
Its still here dude... in IL..

Billiken

They probably want to get it on DVD quickly before people start burning it off the net.

Ultimate Hunter

Here in Australia for one week during a big sporting event (State of Origin) the ads were all over TV like crazy, with even a couple during the actual game, then nothing.... lol I didn't see another add again. I think Fox spent all it's marketing budget for Australia during that week!

Quote from: spinksy on Aug 02, 2010, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 02, 2010, 09:16:47 PM

yeah basically all my mates - who all love predator, didnt have a clue this film was coming out (at all)

i promoted this film quite alot lol - posting links to trailers etc on facebook an that

same here, my step dad who keeps up with movies and stuff didn't know about it until after i had seen it, i think most of my friends heard about it through me.

although i feel that most people i know don't actually watch a lot of TV, or watch TV through a DVR, or with on-demand players. which cut out most adverts. they should have spent more money getting the stars to promote the movie on chat shows and stuff. also more internet advertising.

TV advertising is almost pointless these days what with all those things i mentioned

DeYanko

DeYanko

Still in theaters, here in North Florida. 24 days seems a little premature to pull the movie, based on previous movies:

Predators
Total Lifetime Grosses:
= Worldwide:  $103,491,249
In Release:  24 days / 3.4 weeks

Aliens Vs. Predator – Requiem
Total Lifetime Grosses:
= Worldwide:  $128,884,49
In Release:  94 days / 13.4 weeks

Alien Vs. Predator
Total Lifetime Grosses:
= Worldwide:  $172,544,654 
In Release:  112 days / 16 weeks

Predator 2
Total Lifetime Grosses:
= Worldwide:  $57,120,318

Predator
Total Lifetime Grosses:
= Worldwide:  $98,267,558

Vulhala

LOL @ P2  :D

OmegaZilla

snakePredator

Maybe they will get some more money...

Because in some countries is not released yet. For example here in Spain, the movie hits in 27th August.

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 03, 2010, 02:27:44 PM
LOL @ P2  :D

Well, that movie wasn't promoted well either.

I myself saw it 3 times at the theater  ;D. I did my share.

Yautja161

Damnit, still  havent seen this film!

Still waiting to go to the cinema since its release 28 juli here in holland.
Problem is my brothers who wanna join me are working everytime i want, or when they want i am working.

Very annoying.

Maybe this week

m138jewski

m138jewski

I live in Dallas and it is still in theaters here

ElderPredator

Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 03, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
I live in Dallas and it is still in theaters here
I live really close to Dallas and it is not here anymore. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed