Pack-9 AI Bonus Mission (Rescue) --- Huh?

Started by Quick N Slick, Jul 31, 2010, 01:02:10 AM

Author
Pack-9 AI Bonus Mission (Rescue) --- Huh? (Read 2,682 times)

Quick N Slick

I know from the Walkthrough this is the Bonus Mission (my last in all the game), but can anyone tell me just who these guys are? I've killed everything that moves in this level --- I need to know who I'm targeting. It does seem there's one scanner (right near level's end) I keep missing, but it seems that only opens after I've slaughtered even the Green soldiers. I dunno. Thanks, guys.

AcidGlow

There's a certain type of soldier that opens each door. First area should leave about 2, 1 or each door and the last one is I think. in the last group that spawns. I think they are the "green eyed soldiers". But the thing is, when each new group spawns ahead of you, don't go killing them all, run up and grab the proper soldier first to open the door then kill this group and move onto the next. They need to be alive and I recall there is only a certain number of these guys that can open the doors so maybe the last one got killed by accident without you knowing.

Quick N Slick

Thanks a lot. I might have to unleash my brethren a little later in future.

AcidGlow

Yeah, sounds like they killed him during their escape. I usually go straight for these specific soldies and open the doors then when none are left I free the captured preds. I think sometimes the preds will survive into wave 2 or 3 so as soon as the new group spawns, rush in and grab the proper soldier before they get killed off.

Quick N Slick

I just completed it --- my last Bonus Mission for the game. You wouldn't believe it, either --- one freed Pred defeated two Monster Squad members, before finally succumbing to one of the guards.

Now that's one bad-ass Pred!

AcidGlow

Quote from: Quick N Slick on Aug 03, 2010, 11:48:09 AM
I just completed it --- my last Bonus Mission for the game. You wouldn't believe it, either --- one freed Pred defeated two Monster Squad members, before finally succumbing to one of the guards.

Now that's one bad-ass Pred!

And he's naked too! no body armor!   :o ;D

Quick N Slick

Danced like Muhammad Ali, he did. They couldn't land a glove on him :D

No more than an hour after I completed all the Bonus work, my Mem Card data for the game became inexplicably corrupted, forcing me to re-do six or seven Bonus Missions --- argh! LOL.

God damn, getting the fans in order for "If It Bleeds..." is a cvnt. I'll never touch that level again :D

predxeno

Did you beat all the rituals before your memory card corrupted?

Quick N Slick

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 29, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
Did you beat all the rituals before your memory card corrupted?

To be honest, I only ever did the first two. The Ritual concept bored the pants off me --- it's the only thing in the game I didn't complete.

AcidGlow

I got playthroughs of the rituals done also.. but yeah.. you're not missing much from that..

predxeno

Where can I find these playthroughs.  I really need help on the last one; tips, anything.

AcidGlow

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 21, 2010, 05:02:12 AM
Where can I find these playthroughs.  I really need help on the last one; tips, anything.
Um... check this forum section.. just scroll down.

predxeno

Thanks.  Much obliged.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed