Mikey's Figure Photography

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jul 29, 2010, 04:47:14 AM

Author
Mikey's Figure Photography (Read 38,283 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you guys know I may not be posting in here as much anymore, because I've now made an Instagram account strictly for my figure photography.

You'll see much more of the type of photo above if you follow along! www.instagram.com/mikes.monsters

I'm going to try to keep it frequently updated with new photos every few days. It'll be a mix of all types of sci-fi themed creatures and creations. I hope you guys enjoy what you see!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did you intentionally set that picture up to look like this?

As always though, I love your work. Great shots.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 09:38:44 AM
Did you intentionally set that picture up to look like this?

As always though, I love your work. Great shots.

Overall, the end sequence in general was the inspiration. My shots didn't come out exactly like I'd hoped, but I'm glad you can see that I was trying to go in that direction. I always appreciate the kind words, sir!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hey Mike, any chance you'll do some Kong shots with the new movie being released next year?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 23, 2016, 08:27:47 PM
Hey Mike, any chance you'll do some Kong shots with the new movie being released next year?

Oh, I'd love to. Unfortunately, I don't have any figures of him, or have the money for figures I'd actually want to own.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Hi friends! It's been a while, but I've got some new photos of our dark lord and savior to share.

All of the lighting and effects were done in camera, with only post production being some minor color saturation tweaks. Basically, these photos aren't very edited and it looked like this when I snapped the photo. And actually, most of my photography you've seen here is like that, not much photoshop. <3

(Facebook friends and those who follow me on www.instagram.com/mikes.monsters may have seen these already)

Hot Toys Darth Vader

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I always love seeing your work bud. Keep it up! <3

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

This pleases me.

You certainly have a great talent!  ;D

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I finally picked up the camera to photograph some of my figures this week, mainly because we have had a few new sexy arrivals! I also decided to celebrate the ending of Dragon Ball Super with a few photos as well. Here's a small batch, and I have more coming soon! And also, the lighting and special effects are all in camera here! No photoshopping involved!  ;D

Funko POP Injured Dr. Ian Malcolm!

Some shots of my Dragon Ball figures.

SHMA GMK Godzilla.

And just for fun, my old Palisades Alien statue.

Gah. I uploaded low resolution and they look like crap. Not fixing them haha. Sorry y'all!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. Even in low res they still look great.  :)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2018, 08:09:41 AM
Ha. Even in low res they still look great.  :)

Thank you, my friend! You know I always appreciate it, brother!

Mike’s Monsters

Damn, it's hard not getting emotional when going back to my first post in this thread. 10+ years ago I started toying (lol) around with the ideas that I now do today as my full-time job. Every step in my growth in photography is easily seen in this thread! I'm not crying, you're crying. :'( ;)

Here's a few new photos from over the last few weeks. All done with creative lighting and camera tricks. An example would be the Shin Godzilla photo using a projector to create the background image, with the figure silhouetted in the foreground. You can see more at www.instagram.com/mikes.monsters!

Get ready for a photo dump!

The Predator NECA Fugitive Thermal Vision Version

Godzilla King of the Monsters SH MonsterArts Mothra, Rodan and NECA Godzilla Atomic Blast Version

TMNT 1990 NECA Shredder

X-Plus Godzilla, Kong, and MechaGodzilla

NECA Godzilla 1962

Bandai Shin Godzilla

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

*a wild Mikey appeared* I'm loving the psychedelicness of those IR Predator pictures!

Mike’s Monsters

You'll see my next post in about 5 years at this rate!

Thanks as always, bud!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Don't make us wait that long!

Fantastic work as always. You sure know how to play with light.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed