Started by Quick N Slick, Jul 25, 2010, 01:16:35 AM

Did You Like The Storyline?

Yes
No
Author
The PCJ Premise... (Read 4,578 times)

2to1

2to1

I liked the storyline because it was original. Compared to other Predator stories I've read where it just involved a Predator hunting in a different environment, it had an interesting premise. A Predator out to redeem himself for messing up in a hunt only to realize the prey are stronger using technology he left behind. Sure, it had holes but I liked how it connected the Predator and Alien universes.
Spoiler
Like the formation of Weyland-Yutani at the end and I remember a discussion with someone on how the technology seen in Concrete Jungle was a predecessor to the technology seen in the Alien movies because Predator technology made humanity advanced in terms of technology. It connected the Alien and Predator universes together in a good way. Like it or not, they are in the same universe
[close]

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: 2to1 on Aug 01, 2010, 12:22:28 AM
It connected the Alien and Predator universes together in a good way. Like it or not, they are in the same universe

Personally, I consider Concrete Jungle non-canon. It's full of more horse shit than the back story to the AVP movie.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

All games are considered non-canonical.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Quick N Slick on Aug 01, 2010, 03:36:59 AM
All games are considered non-canonical.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss all games as non-canon. Some of them I don't mind being part of the overall story arc of the franchise. AVP2 on PC for example had a great story, & I think if transitioned to celluloid would make an excellent movie. Likewise, even the new AVP game has a pretty solid set-up.

As long as it's not something totally overboard that screws with the fundamentals of the series to the point where it looks like a bad joke (AVP: Extinction, Predator: Concrete Jungle) then I have no problem with accepting a game as a genuine part of the Alien or Predator time lines.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

No, I mean to say that the general, understood consensus is that games, comics, etc (non-film, essentially) is considered, traditionally (& rightly so, in my opinion) non-canonical.

2to1

2to1

I know the story is non-canonical, only the movies but I still liked the idea of humanity developing technologically through Predator technology and the one Predator out to redeem himself for his mistakes.

predxeno

predxeno

QuoteIf you can keep a straight face by this point, then you must be made of stone.
Don't worry about that, you made me crack a few smiles and laughs. ;D

Quote from: Stalker on Jul 29, 2010, 09:34:37 AM
How exactly did humanity recover a lost combistick, speargun & predator mask from the ruins of a nuked city in the first place? And how could they possibly craft a few basic tools into super-advanced technology & build an entire city based upon it?

If you think about it, in Predator 2 the creature dropped his mask, combistick, half his arm & wrist computer, a damaged plasma caster & a spear tip made from space-age metal, yet no flying cars or super-advancement in human technology was ever mentioned after that incident.

EDIT: It would also explain how Scarface managed to survive the explosion.
The very base of Concrete Jungle's storyline is flawed, it should never have happened.

I have the answer; it's cause the nuke was from the Predator's ship that, apparently, was very far away and didn't impact Lucretia or the Predator tech Scarface left with her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed