Wolf (AVPR) vs. Black Super Predator (SPOILERS)

Started by Ratchetcomand, Jul 13, 2010, 03:10:22 AM

Author
Wolf (AVPR) vs. Black Super Predator (SPOILERS) (Read 79,800 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

Well i rewatch Predators yesterday and this time i have no doubt.

Wolf easily win , the "super" Preds have nothing super. They failed were Anytime succeed each "hot" year.
At the end of the movie, a single axe blow on Mr Black's  helmet make i'm reactionless for the rest of the fight and then get decapitaded.
And Facloner died with  a simple katana lacertaion on his body :o  (if he was in the Predator 1 movie he would probably get easily killed by Billly or by a raging bird)

Eidotemit

Keep in mind he just survived a rather large explosion. I think you're also underestimating how much force is carried through each on of those ax swings. He still managed to recover and almost kill Royce.

Remember, Anytime wasn't hunting elites like Dutch's squad every time either; that was just [bad] luck. Normally he'd be hunting local militias/guerrillas.

Also, a katana wound his hardly "simple," they're quite devastating. The one on his stomach didn't do much to affect him though, and unfortunately we can't see exactly what happened on the death blow (though it looked like a deep strike to the chest). I would guess the wound would be comparable to Pussyface's disk would (the death blow; only horizontal rather than vertical).

Dusk

Dusk

That explosion really bothered me. Ok, I can deal with it that he survived, but there was no visible injury whatsoever. How many grenades went off in his face? His chest should have at least been bloody all over.

Eidotemit

I agree, I was expecting some wounds on him. Its really strange that there weren't any.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jul 14, 2010, 09:34:01 AM
Keep in mind he just survived a rather large explosion. I think you're also underestimating how much force is carried through each on of those ax swings. He still managed to recover and almost kill Royce.

Remember, Anytime wasn't hunting elites like Dutch's squad every time either; that was just [bad] luck. Normally he'd be hunting local militias/guerrillas.

Also, a katana wound his hardly "simple," they're quite devastating. The one on his stomach didn't do much to affect him though, and unfortunately we can't see exactly what happened on the death blow (though it looked like a deep strike to the chest). I would guess the wound would be comparable to Pussyface's disk would (the death blow; only horizontal rather than vertical).

Not really that was a succesion of small explosion (in this scene the nade were old MKII nade already used in 2WW) Anytime  surived from 2 40mm nade ( a single 40mm nade blow up a Armor Hummer while MKII are alomst useless against this kind of vehiculs)

Pussy Face get almost his entire disk in his chest while a katana can only make wide put not deep laceration ( katanas are far to be so deadly in reality . 99% movies involving katanas ,just super overpower them ) i personnaly own 2 (very good quality) Katanas and if you really want to hurt a Pred only perforating attacks must be used.

Eidotemit

Fair enough, though the tampering Dutch did with the 40mm and its leafy shell likely diminished its potency some. Even still, coming out completely clean seemed strange. I'm not suggesting he should have been f**ked up, but some blood.

I own katans two (of average quality, nothing special). But Katanas are quite capable of making deep lacerations. I'm not talkign pulp Hollywood katanas, but in reality. I went back and looked at P2 though, and I the amount if the disk that went in was bigger than I though; you're right, a katana is extremely unlikely to cut that deep.

Still I stand that  katana is capable of making enough of a devastating slice to the preds chest to kill it.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jul 14, 2010, 10:50:11 AM
Fair enough, though the tampering Dutch did with the 40mm and its leafy shell likely diminished its potency some. Even still, coming out completely clean seemed strange. I'm not suggesting he should have been f**ked up, but some blood.

I own katans two (of average quality, nothing special). But Katanas are quite capable of making deep lacerations. I'm not talkign pulp Hollywood katanas, but in reality. I went back and looked at P2 though, and I the amount if the disk that went in was bigger than I though; you're right, a katana is extremely unlikely to cut that deep.

Still I stand that  katana is capable of making enough of a devastating slice to the preds chest to kill it.

Only one of 2 40mm nades was less powerfull given the fact he put some of its powder in a leaf ( used as a flashbang to lure the Pred when in the dark tunnel)
Put the other 40mm on the tip of the spear was full power and lead Anytime's claf to bleed.
But i agree with the fact Mr Black should at least have some blood on his chest.

;D On the last point of your post  we would probably never agree

randy4321

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 14, 2010, 07:37:40 AM
You also forgetting that Mr. Black got blasted back by a few grenades and still able to surrive up after getting shot in the chest. I doubt The Wolf can put him down so easily.
Yeah you definitely should have put a spoiler tag on that, and I think it is ridiculous that
Spoiler
He gets blasted at least 25 feet from those grenades and doesnt seem to have much of a scratch or burn on him.
[close]

Requiem28

well, let's see.

Wolf was about 9 ft.  and Black was a little over 7 ft. 

BANE

BANE

Are you joking? Over nine feet? Get the hell out of town! The Predalien itself is probably just over 8 feet (judging by the size of the doctor compared to it), and seeing as Wolf is shorter than that, the best guess is around 7'5 +/-2 inches.

Sylizar

On the Katana thing. A rue Katana is capable of slicing through two pigs (as shown on Deadliest Warrior), essentially meaning that it can slice a man in half if swung correctly. Now sure that'd be different on a Predator, but there's no way in hell that's minor damage.

Eidotemit

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jul 14, 2010, 03:21:52 PM
well, let's see.

Wolf was about 9 ft.  and Black was a little over 7 ft.

Wolf wasn't close to being 9 feet. Even if we assume he was (which he wasn't) size isn't a determining factor (at least when so comparable to your opponents). We have to look at the skill displayed (note:skill displayed, not what we were told he was supposed to be).

Requiem28

i was just saying that.

SiL

SiL

He recovered from having a bone smacked upside his head, not the ax.

QuoteRemember, Anytime wasn't hunting elites like Dutch's squad every time either; that was just [bad] luck.
Anytime following Dutch's team says otherwise. He was picky, otherwise he would've just gone for the guerrillas before our heroes got there.

marrerom

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2010, 06:42:48 AM
He recovered from having a bone smacked upside his head, not the ax.

it was defiantly an ax. a bone wouldn't make sparks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed