Your speculation about the iconic chestburster scene in the prequel.

Started by Ballzanya, Jul 12, 2010, 03:49:22 PM

Author
Your speculation about the iconic chestburster scene in the prequel. (Read 18,146 times)

Kriszilla

Or you could go against expectations, do something interesting. I'm an alien fan, and even I think the 'watch the lifecycle' part of the films gets dull when its been done in every single one.

SM

QuoteOr you could go against expectations, do something interesting.

Like Alien3 you mean?  Which still gave us and egg, a hugger, two chestbursters and an adult.

QuoteI'm an alien fan, and even I think the 'watch the lifecycle' part of the films gets dull when its been done in every single one.

Which 'watch the lifecycle' bits?

Other than Alien, the life cycle only takes up a small portion of the narrative because it assumes the audience has some familiarity with it.  Never gets much more than a couple of lines from Ripley explaining how it works.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jul 13, 2010, 03:52:24 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Jul 13, 2010, 03:46:19 AM
f**k that shit. I want to see eggs, facehuggers, a chestburster, and an adult alien.

Wow, constructive comment.

Also, edit your previous post instead of double-posting.
Hey, stop bossing me around. Last time I checked you're not a moderator here. lol

Spaghetti

One of the few good things about the recent Alien novels had two guys quarantined after getting hugged.

After the first guy gets bursted the other dude goes nuts, takes a knife to himself and attempts to dig the burster out manually.

Shit was intense, but I don't remember the rest of the book too well.

XenoVC

Quote from: SiL on Jul 13, 2010, 12:09:38 AM
Alien: "Let's do something unexpected and have a guy get pregnant!"

30 years later.

"We should totally have a chick get raped by an Alien. And give birth."

:D

cmc

I think the chestburster scene will be with the Alien bursting from the space jockey from A L I E N. I think it will be a completley new form of Alien, maybe the form it was supposed to be if the Jockeys used the Alien as a weapon of war between themselves, so the Alien form 1979 is a mutated/human hybrid version of a much bigger, smarter, badass Alien.

Xenoscream

I think it's not what happens, but HOW it happens.

The Nostromo crew had no idea what was going to happen because ASH was a complete SOB and kept the details hidden from them.

With another crew they might be able to quickly determine what is happening and then we can be lead into many different scenarios of the "birth".

Maybe they decide to quarantine that person, or freeze them, perhaps they try and operate to remove the parasite.

Maybe the person wakes up and has to come to terms with the fact they just got face raped and have only a short amount to time before they expire. Maybe they go nuts and attack the others in the crew.

There are loads of possibilities to make a good story, and to have a truly horrifying outcome...

In Alien the horror came from the gore and surprise of dinner scene, in the prequel they will have to simply use a different kind of scare tactic to make it effective.

Remonster

I had a small Idea where the first prequel would focus on a group of people in a research outpost that happen upon an alien egg. The main character gets hugged, and the crew manage to remove the chestburster before it rips through the character's chest. They try keeping the Alien captive, but it escapes and hunts down the crew. The small catch being that it recognizes coming from the Main Character, and takes an interest in her, toying with her throughout the last act of the film before becoming frustrated and bored and finally watching her kill herself.

Kinda lame and unoriginal now that I'm looking back at it, especially in such a short summary. I'm one of the people that feel a prequel is unnecessary, especially if it still shows off the Aliens in a Aliens/AVP fashion, where they aren't intelligent and die easily.

AlienHunterAACMdivision

Since Ridley wanted a new design anyway if he didn't show a bursting or hugger that might explain how the Alien itself could have an interesting and new redesign... probably won't be how it goes down just saying it's a possibility...

Gate

Quote from: cmc on Jul 13, 2010, 12:40:07 PM
I think the chestburster scene will be with the Alien bursting from the space jockey from A L I E N. I think it will be a completley new form of Alien, maybe the form it was supposed to be if the Jockeys used the Alien as a weapon of war between themselves, so the Alien form 1979 is a mutated/human hybrid version of a much bigger, smarter, badass Alien.
There's a loophole in your theory. The Jockey they encountered is fossilized.

SM

That's not a "loophole".

And since we don't know what a live Jockey looks like we can't be certain it's fossilzed.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2010, 11:29:11 PM
That's not a "loophole".

And since we don't know what a live Jockey looks like we can't be certain it's fossilzed.

hmm.. wait a minute now. The first alien film does give the impression that the jockey was dead for a long ass time. In fact probably longer than 30 years before the first alien film.

SM

Possibly.  Though as I said, not for certain.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2010, 02:15:44 AM
Possibly.  Though as I said, not for certain.

In any event I would imagine it would be longer than 30 years. It could very well be that decomposition set in and the right conditions where there to make it look like it was there for hundreds of years though, so i guess a story that establishes that could work.

SM

Since we know squat about Jockies, Riddles can do what he likes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed