Good start Box Office.

Started by Raptor, Jul 10, 2010, 04:02:38 PM

Author
Good start Box Office. (Read 2,304 times)

Raptor

Raptor

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/first-box-office-despicable-me-could-be-good-for-55m-60m-weekend/

QuoteRobert Rodriguez also is a magician when it comes to filmmaking budgets, especially at his Troublemaker studios in Austin. Still, it's a shocker that in this day and age of $300M negative cost movies he managed to bring in Twentieth Century Fox's Predators for just $38M as its writer-producer. That takes enormous pressure off this R-rated scifi actioner riffing off the 1987 original with Adrien Brody substituting for Arnold Schwarzenegger. (I know... I know...) It looks to overperform with $11 million today and maybe a $30M opening this weekend from 2,661 theaters.

It looks a really good start for the movie,I hope it makes tons more.

Drew

Drew

Good news! It doesn't bother me if they don't make a sequel, but I hope it makes lots of money because it definitely deserves it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds good! I can't wait to see it today! Although, I don't think I will want a direct sequel. I like the Alien franchise to have direct sequels, but Predator seems to work best changing it up every time.

Keg

Keg

I wouldnt mind seeing Royce and Isabelle continue their adventure on the planet. Perhaps they could team up with a new group of people/aliens that get dropped on the planet. Perhaps this time a team of classic predators come down to the planet to fight back against the SP's and the humans get caught in the middle. As much as i didnt mind seeing the new Predators id want to see alot more of the classic predators in a sequel.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2010, 04:56:20 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Royce and Isabelle continue their adventure on the planet. Perhaps they could team up with a new group of people/aliens that get dropped on the planet. Perhaps this time a team of classic predators come down to the planet to fight back against the SP's and the humans get caught in the middle. As much as i didnt mind seeing the new Predators id want to see alot more of the classic predators in a sequel.

Hmm, sounds like AVP, but with Predators...I LIKE IT! :D

echobbase79

echobbase79

This is really good news! The film should make a decent profit.  :)

freddy616

freddy616

Yeah enjoy that money movie you deserves it. ;)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 10, 2010, 04:59:32 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 10, 2010, 04:56:20 PM

Hmm, sounds like AVP, but with Predators...I LIKE IT! :D

Bit risky though isnt it. A film like that could easily turn out crap.

meanstreak

meanstreak

I saw it at the midnight show late thursday night and it was awesome!  I'm planning to go again tomorrow and probably again next weekend with the movie pass from the new Pred Blu-Ray.  Finally a great sequal to the original!  I hope it makes $300 million in the end and spawns more Rodriguez helmed sequals!

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed