Homage's **spoilers**

Started by shakermakerman, Jul 09, 2010, 10:01:21 PM

Author
Homage's **spoilers** (Read 14,407 times)

SiL

SiL

The "over here" bit annoyed the shit out of me.

They literally could've had him say anything. Anything. But no, it has to be "over here".

G8RSG1

G8RSG1

I don't understand you guys. The homages were great! If you're not a fan of the original movies, you're not going to know that they're there anyway. Like having Long Tall Sally play for the end credits; Only a Predator fan is going to recognize that.

As a HUGE fan of Predator in general, I thought that this movie was incredibly well done. I had the biggest grin on my face through the whole movie.

SiL

SiL

If I wanted a creepy scene with someone saying "Over here", I'd watch Predator.

Sequels are for doing new things. Not just literally taking from the previous film and slapping it wherever it may fit.

komradekiller2.0

komradekiller2.0

I really don't see how someone can bitch about these. they're just fun little things the writers threw in. And the "enemy of my enemy" AVP mentality was destroyed with the response "doesn't make it your friend"

SiL

SiL

Because they're cheap fixes for not being able to think of anything new.

And it was "destroyed" right up until the end of the movie proved it right.

Gate

Gate

I think Rodriguez wanted to make this movie enjoyable for the old crowd as well as introduce new people into the audience. Remember, this movie isn't a Sequel, or a remake. It's simply a reboot tied to the original movie.

komradekiller2.0

komradekiller2.0

Quote from: SiL on Jul 10, 2010, 04:32:27 AM

I would call that a team up though. Just a mutual agreement. Classic had more important things on his hands then dealing with Royce. At least they didn't hang out for the last half of the movie and have a slow motion running shot together.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: HellsAngel on Jul 10, 2010, 04:39:38 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 10, 2010, 04:32:27 AM

I would call that a team up though. Just a mutual agreement. Classic had more important things on his hands then dealing with Royce. At least they didn't hang out for the last half of the movie and have a slow motion running shot together.
and if I recall from AvP, Scar didn't
Spoiler
grab Lex by her neck to examine her, as Anytime 2 did Royce, as Anytime did Dutch
[close]

It was all bound to the normal Predators honor system.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:40:52 AM
Spoiler
grab Lex by her neck to examine her, as Anytime 2 did Royce, as Anytime did Dutch
[close]
Another homage that gave me the shits.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:35:28 AMRemember, this movie isn't a Sequel, or a remake. It's simply a reboot tied to the original movie.
It's a sequel.  No amount of semantics can change that.

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

It's a sequel but it certainly doesn't block out predator 2

Vemados

Vemados

It's like Predator branched out into two "simultaneous" sequels, not simultaneous releases but simultaneous in the sense that Predators and Predator 2 are both sequels to Predator, but Predators is not a sequel to Predator 2. It's like a mother having a second child 20 years after her first. As opposed to the first child having a child.

komradekiller2.0

komradekiller2.0

Quote from: SiL on Jul 10, 2010, 04:43:43 AM
Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:40:52 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Another homage that gave me the shits.
I don't see why. The predator has done that several times. its a part of the character, just like its fighting stance.

SiL

SiL

Predators grab plenty of people by the neck, but Dutch was the only one examined like that.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The Alien skull (I thought Rodriguez wanted this movie nothing to do with AvP or Alien)

Isabelle and Edwin being caught by the net trap-- Either it was me, or it was a shot for shot scene of the Predator being caught by Dutch's net in the first film?

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed