AVP Plothole

Started by yautja99, Jan 13, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Author
AVP Plothole (Read 6,303 times)

yautja99

yautja99

One of the important things about the Aliens franchise was that subconscious fear of the Aliens actually ever making it to Earth. Then, AvP comes out and all of the sudden there they are, on our planet, no big deal, and all of the fears that Ripley had (in the future) of this horrible creature loose on Earth.

Both AVP and AVP2 made this Plothole

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

:( I know. :(

yautja99

yautja99

That just screwed up the Alien universe

DB

DB

I think it definitely sucks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it screwed up the Alien universe. At the very least, the Alien presence was always dealt with, not by us, but by the intergalactic Predator badasses. So I guess the threat is still there.

SiL

SiL

That's not a plothole, that's just messing with pretty much the only thing that drove the 'Alien' movies after 'Alien' - Trying to keep the Aliens off earth.

tucko

tucko

Well so far no one knows what happened in antartica in AvP and I doubt they will belive Lex about what happened.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

the company would not believe lex...true but they already know more than she does anyway.

yautja99

yautja99

Why did Fox want this to happen in the series?

SiL

SiL

John Davis thought it would be the best way to make the movie scarier - By setting it on present day Earth  ::)

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

AVP screwed up both franchise..... why oh why....    :-[

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

I don't really think that AvP screwed up the franchise, thought it was quite good, and there were no Alien or Predator movies being made since a couple of years. It was financial successful and we soon get to see AvP2 which sounds promising :)

Meathead320

Meathead320

As long as there is no documented history of aliens on earth by the time A1 comes out, then we are good.

Boom, Pred Bomb goes off and kills the entire area.

That could also solve the small town's problem too.

Does any one here think that Wayland Yutani did know about the alien before A1?

For all we know they did record the alien's existence, and have been searching for a full century to find a new source for one.

Even in A2, they may have known. Burke obviously did.

ian36015

ian36015

Yea, something must have gone down and the Gov. doc. it. Weyland Yutani must of said "we need those things" me thinking that century past and they forgot but when they hear the stoires of A1 there intrest dramaticly Rose into find the Species hell bent again. (My pridiction)

yautja99

yautja99

AVP1 and AVP2  were Plotholes

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: ian36015 on Jan 15, 2007, 05:12:54 PM
Yea, something must have gone down and the Gov. doc. it. Weyland Yutani must of said "we need those things" me thinking that century past and they forgot but when they hear the stoires of A1 there intrest dramaticly Rose into find the Species hell bent again. (My pridiction)
Well, here is my take based on what was actually documented. Alexa was the only person from the expedition who had survived. She wasn't an employee for Weyland. She is going to go back home and tell the good people at Weyland Industries that:

-there was a pyramid in the Antarctic region
-that there were two species of aliens duking it out; one intelligent, one non-sentient
-that one of the intelligent aliens killed the head of the Company
-and that a thermonuclear explosion destroyed everything, leaving behind no evidence of what had happened.

She's going to tell all of the scientists (and whomever is required to sit in on this meeting) all this, and then someone will throw up their arms and say, "Well, sonuvabitch! What the hell are we sitting here for! Let's get our butts moving and go find those things!"? I don't think so...

I'll stick to the original scenario where Ripley surmised that an off-course Company probe or ship had accidentally stumbled across the derelict's transmission telling of a hostile organism that killed off the crew of the ship. That would be more plausible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed