Predators Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Author
Predators Fan Reviews (Read 180,920 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Seems pretty self explanatory. If you've seen the film, post up impressions here. Spoilers are okay in this thread, you needn't use spoiler tags in actual posts. Let's try to keep it tidy and etc, no tangent posts please.

Please don't start posting unless you have an actual review to contribute.

cesc4

cesc4

Just finished the preview screening..well being a HUGE Predator fan,this was a satisfying movie to sum it up. It had the right amount of action and tension and when you finally see the Predators..it's uber cool with their de-cloaking...one major gripe tho...the Predators were killed off too easily...come on..I won't go into the details of how they died but that was a tad dissapointing...all in all, I would rank this up equal 2nd with Predator 2 with Predator still being my favourite..the AVPs?? meh...

3/5

looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to say..

preddave

preddave

Just watched Predators Yesterday, i must say that number 1: where were all the aimers pointing at Brody that we saw in the official preview, in the movie its only 1 aimer....?????????????????????????????????????????

Liked It though they shouldve put MORE Black predator scenes and not let them get killed so easy...

realisticall 1 predator should take out the whole crew...

the predators need to have a little more armour and use more weapons ( Spear, net, or shirukens )

ANYONE AGREE????????

heon123

heon123

The acting was really good. I loved how he used the predator dogs. But i wish it had more predator action scenes. i reckon the classic predator didnt die T.T the predators need to have a little more armour and use more weapons but still great acting and i loved it how the suspense filled up

but for a predator fan i rate it 4/5 they lost a mark because the cg was to reavealing and rushed the end

DrGediman

DrGediman

^I agree with above posters about the two predators got killed too easily.  Why not just have one predator (the super black predator), it wouldn't make any difference.

My review:

Characters were a bit *meh*.  Even Adrian Brody.  There's nobody memorable like King Willy.  Even Hawkins was more interesting than these guys.  Lawrence Fishburne was doing some half-ass Marlon Brando impression from Apocalypse Now.

Started off a bit slow... too much exposition dialogue.

Last half hour was pure fan-service.

Honestly, it was decent but I would rank it slightly below Predator 2.  Better than both AVPs, though.

hunterelf

i'm probably responsible for have such a bad experience when watching this movie. It been 11 years since when i first saw predator on TV and it blow my mind, but since than, every movie that features predators sucks.....leaving me with a damaged experience ... I was hyped out of my mind to know a new predator movie was coming out, and since Robert Rodriguez was involved, i was fairly confident this movie will be a fun ride. before the movie, my hype went overdrive, I kept saying "ANY TIME" to my mom that she got really annoyed..lol

when i saw the movie today, my experience was further FUBR...for almost half of the film i was on the edge of my seat and thinking "it's coming! its just around the corner" but it took almost 30 mins till a cloaked predator showed up......i know they were trying to mimic the first film where the predator only shows at the end..but we alllllll knew about the predators in this film existence when we bought the tickets, so cut the suspense and give us the predators! also, the scenes with predators in this movie(around 5 scenes where they were uncloaked) are very limited and they are significantly weaker than all other predators in the "franchise", they die almost as fast as those demons in Ghost rider...

oh....the "the enemy's enemy is my friend" theory is still in this movie ...when will they ever learn.....

Also, every character in the film knew they did bad things(killings) before they arrived, Topher Grace's character just sticks out like a sore thumb.....his speech at the end was exactly the same as the one in spider man 3 ...

The only plus about this movie is Adrien Brody, i never liked him before, but in this movie this IS the tough guy, very convincing. The music and sounds they used were the same as the 1987 one, which was a very nice touch.

i wanted to rate this movie down, but the predator has it's place in my heart...
6/10

Celtic-predator

Quote from: preddave on Jul 08, 2010, 06:30:56 AM
Just watched Predators Yesterday, i must say that number 1: where were all the aimers pointing at Brody that we saw in the official preview, in the movie its only 1 aimer....?

You don't need so many fething question marks. And I assume they cut it out because they didn't want to make that many Predator suits/ use computer animation for that/ go in that plot direction.

Quote from: preddave on Jul 08, 2010, 06:30:56 AM
the predators need to have a little more armour and use more weapons ( Spear, net, or shirukens )

Have to agree with this.

Overall, I can't say I'm disappointed, but it was jsut another B- movie. Protagonists find each other, explore planet, fight Predators, and eventually kill them and there's no real emotional investment at all. So when the characters were killed off it was all pretty meh and expected.The Yakuza sword fight was really tame, he ran back and forth and hit the Predator with the sword in a scene that obviously mirrored the first Predator film.
The Predator Clan war concept could have been explored more, but still fine either way. The Predator dogs ran really quickly in the intial chase and slowed down before the kill. That annoyed me immensely, it slowed the action and seemed to be for the protagonists' benefit.
I thought Lawrence Fishburne played an insane veteran really well, the other actors were adequate. Everything felt decidedly average. I'd watch it, but I wouldn't buy it.

"When i get off this planet I'm going to do so much cocaine. I'm going to rape so many bitches no matter what time it is, 5, 10." "Yep 5:00. Bitch raping time."

Corporal Hicks

We've known for ages that shot in the trailer was doctored. There was never that many Predators in the film, we've known that for ages.

Quote from: hunterelf on Jul 08, 2010, 07:03:49 AM
oh....the "the enemy's enemy is my friend" theory is still in this movie ...when will they ever learn.....

It doesn't play out though. Royce considers it, frees the Predator but after that they're not running to the ship together or playing friends. It's literally, cut down, ship is set, BSP shows up and Classic goes for it. None of this team up rubbish.

DrGediman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2010, 07:11:41 AM
We've known for ages that shot in the trailer was doctored. There was never that many Predators in the film, we've known that for ages.

Quote from: hunterelf on Jul 08, 2010, 07:03:49 AM

It doesn't play out though. Royce considers it, frees the Predator but after that they're not running to the ship together or playing friends. It's literally, cut down, ship is set, BSP shows up and Classic goes for it. None of this team up rubbish.

As soon as Classic showed Earth on this little holographic wrist computer thing, I was like "TEAM UP!", lol.  But it was more like they made a deal, predators supposed to be honorable and all that.

Corporal Hicks

I know. I thought the same thing but I was glad it didn't play out. It was short, it was simple and it worked.

draken161

draken161

All in all I'd give it a 6.5, I found the score was definitely good but several audio effects for example when the preds hear vocals (as they are deepened) It felt too much like a fan film, like they had f**ked around with a voice changer. Also one thing that I NEEDED to hear was the classic Predator roar and upon the ending of the film and not hearing it disappointed me I also found the Predator's roars in the film rather dull and uninteresting.

There were moments in the original and Dare I say it, in the AvP films that had the Predator walking slowly towards a human that was injured or crawling backward away from it which gave the Predator a feeling of being powerful, there was one moment like this in Predators and it seemed rushed.

As for the acting, it was decent although there were no striking or memorable character's save for the odd line that was more humorous than anything else. And as for the actors as the Predators, they all seemed to have the slow waddling movements that sadly reminded me of Darth Vader from Star Wars, although I didn't really like the designs of the three newer Predator's Helmets I thought before I entered the movie that they of all people would have some decent movements that would be definitely reminiscent of the original, I was however let down leaving me with the look at the quick battles and the Predictable "quick deaths" that reminded me of how quickly Celtic and Chopper/Boar had been given in AvP.

There were few other problems I had with the movie other than for me Horrific looking face of the BSP , I mean I didn't mind the leaked images, but to me onscreen it looked worse than before. But all in all it didn't live up to the feel of the franchise and for that I am disappointed.

preddave

preddave

PS the ending obviously leaves opening though are we suppose to presume that the cages were getting dropped there again and so there would be another 3 predators coming..
and does that mean Brody n the chick are going to die..??

Question...: y was the classic predator not killed and only strapped there???
and his space ship was still there next to him..so he flew to the island??...

ANSWERS PLEASE    >:(

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I love how people are classing character development and suspense as a bad thing. We've spent the past two movies complaining about how little there was; and when we finalling get it, we're moaning that there's not enough Predator action! I mean look at the original, there's atleast 40-50 minutes of build up and tension before we even see the predator! In my mind I can only see this as a good thing.

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Jul 08, 2010, 08:01:01 AM
I love how people are classing character development and suspense as a bad thing. We've spent the past two movies complaining about how little there was; and when we finalling get it, we're moaning that there's not enough Predator action! I mean look at the original, there's atleast 40-50 minutes of build up and tension before we even see the predator! In my mind I can only see this as a good thing.

I can't recall any thoughts on suspense but the character development was minuscule at best.

Sabres21768

Quote from: preddave on Jul 08, 2010, 07:54:19 AM
PS the ending obviously leaves opening though are we suppose to presume that the cages were getting dropped there again and so there would be another 3 predators coming..
and does that mean Brody n the chick are going to die..??

Question...: y was the classic predator not killed and only strapped there???
and his space ship was still there next to him..so he flew to the island??...

ANSWERS PLEASE    >:(

I think the cages are what the Pred dogs are in, not the Preds themselves.

Has anyone stuck around until after the credits to see if there's something extra at the end?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed