HORRIBLE NEWS!!!!

Started by StealthHunter, Jul 19, 2007, 02:05:29 AM

Author
HORRIBLE NEWS!!!! (Read 17,165 times)

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Link:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-wk-fox19jul19160915,1,3295310.story?track=rss&ctrack=2&cset=true

From the Los Angeles Times

Fox pulls out of Comic-Con
Twentieth Century Fox won't be playing to its fans.

By Sheigh Crabtree
Special to The Times

July 19, 2007

The studio pulled out of Comic-Con on Wednesday, just a week shy of the massive movie fan convention in San Diego, canceling its star- and filmmaker-studded panel, saying clips from its slate of effects-heavy films just aren't ready.

The studio previously announced plans to promote its movies during a panel next Friday in the main hall at the fan and media confab that runs July 26 through July 29.

Fox movies pulled from the schedule are "Jumper," directed by Doug Liman and starring Hayden Christensen; directors Colin and Greg Strause's update to the popular "Aliens vs. Predator" franchise; the Vin Diesel action film "Babylon A.D."; and "Hitman," starring Timothy Olyphant, based on the wildly popular video game of the same name.

"Fox is not going to be able to participate in Comic-Con this year," said Sean Dudas, the studio's vice president of national publicity on Wednesday. "The material wasn't ready and we only want to go out when we can put our best foot forward."

The last-minute cancellation is something of a upset as the major Hollywood film studios and their requisite genre divisions have increasingly made the annual trek to Comic-Con to launch and tease eagerly anticipated films and franchises, such as "Spider-Man," "300," and "The Chronicles of Narnia" directly to fans and media. An estimated 123,000 will be attending the convention.

This year Paramount and DreamWorks, Sony Pictures, Walt Disney, Universal, Warner Bros., New Line, Lionsgate and others have announced star-filled panels, screenings, sneak peeks and major promotional events.

"Obviously, we will have to find other ways to get materials out to the fans and hopefully those will be ready soon," Dudas added.

In addition to debuting clips from "Jumper," "Aliens vs. Predator," "Hitman," "Babylon A.D.," the studio had planned to tease Fox-Walden's "The Dark Is Rising," and "City of Ember." Fox-Walden did not return calls seeking comment.

Fox Atomic, the studio's youth-oriented genre division, still plans to hold raffles and giveaways around the Kevin Bacon film "Death Sentence" and the Rainn Wilson picture "The Rocker." The boutique division is also showing a line of graphic novels based on "28 Days Later," "The Hills Have Eyes" and "The Nightmare Factory."

David Glanzer, Comic-Con's director of marketing and public relations, said the cancellation was surprising.

"Every major studio usually has a presence at Comic-Con so for Fox to pull out a week before is very unusual," Glanzer said, adding that organizers were still trying to figure out how to fill the studio's time slot. "We're still going back and forth. We have in excess of 350 hours of programming so scheduling is like a giant Rubik's Cube. Otherwise, this year every major studio has committed to show up and participate."

This is absolute bulls**t!, f**k Fox. All this waiting for nothing.

I have nothing else to say right now.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Yeah, just noticed that myself. Wonder if it's Aliens vs. Predator that aint ready...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am not even mad, as the hype is not big enough, I am just shocked that this even happened.

SM

SM

If they'd gone ahead and played something unfinished that looked crap, you'd be complaining just as loudly.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

wow major let down  >:(  :'(

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2007, 02:14:33 AM
If they'd gone ahead and played something unfinished that looked crap, you'd be complaining just as loudly.

I want to know how unfinished it was, because I have the clip that they showed of spider-man 3 last comic-con and there are parts that are unfinished, if it's as unfinished as that, then fox has no excuse, unless it really wasn't finished at all.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2007, 02:14:33 AM
Personally, I'm finding this hilarious. I'm going to bed now, but I'm looking forward to hearing all the bitching tomorrow. :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

well it seems that this is the teailer...wow...no wonder.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

They don't need "an excuse"

It's Fox's show, and what they say goes.

So long as the movie still comes out in a timely fashion, I really couldn't care less.

Youse peeps altogether too unpatient.

SM

SM

No!  Don't Fox realise they answer to teh FANZZ!!!!11!!

Remonster

Remonster

There is still a big chance that an ALiens Versus Predator trailer could be released online.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Remonster on Jul 19, 2007, 02:25:09 AM
There is still a big chance that an ALiens Versus Predator trailer could be released online.

OF course, but not next week.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2007, 02:24:58 AM
what he said

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Martian Queen on Jul 19, 2007, 02:27:13 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2007, 02:24:58 AM
what he said

They answer to no nothing and everything.

Predboy

Predboy

Why am I the only guy here who doesn't seem to give a shit about this. I must be the most patient guy in this whole forum. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed