Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 396,071 times)

Wysps

Wysps

I assume that groundhogs are excluded from the "varmint hunting" category, pray tell?  ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 07, 2019, 01:56:10 AM
I assume that groundhogs are excluded from the "varmint hunting" category, pray tell?  ;)

But of course

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 06, 2019, 10:53:35 PM
There's a lot of reasons why people hunt. I don't because I don't need to. Some I understand, but there are 3 types of hunting that I don't agree with.

Now, hunting deer and turkey is a tradition, especially here in the southeastern US.
In my area, responsible harvesting (I know that's a buzzword) of wild game is a downright necessity.
There are so many deer in my area, even with the hunting, you can't go 2 days without
hearing about somebody else hitting one with their car.

That's dangerous, and keeping the deer populations down helps to control that.
Around here, parents also use hunting to help teach their children many important things,
including firearms safety and proper operation as well as wilderness skills and conservation. More often than not,
it's just about good fellowship and bonding with one another, like fishing. We also have businesses
that processes and package the meat around here, so it's helping to support local jobs.

The 3 types of hunting I don't agree are varmint hunting, bow hunting, and trophy hunting,

I see no use in blasting bunnies and squirrels. That's not going to feed a family like a deer would. And if I hit a squirrel with my car, odds are that I and my passengers will be just fine. Nor do I condone coon hunting. Cornering and scaring an innocent animal half to death with dogs is ridiculous.

Bow hunting is barbaric (in my opinion) as it lengthens the suffering and death of the animal, and that is just cruel. If you're going to kill something, then just shoot it and be done with it. Don't put an arrow in its lung and let it run to death. That's grotesque. As for Trophy hunting? Yes, that's the dumbest reason I can think of to hunt. It serves no purpose other than to maintain a business and tickle the nards of the emasculated.

Bears, lions, elephants, moose, etc. are beautiful and important creatures that should not be subject to hunting. If ever their numbers get out of control, an agency can be tasked to handle it. If you kill beautiful things for no other reason than to mount a head on some wood, you're a dick and you suck as a human being, and that's that.

Yep, pretty much this.

Meat from hunting is one of the most humane ways to get it. The animals live their entire lives free in their natural habitat and the killing is ideally over in an instant compared to animals who live in the mordern meat industry until they are put out of their misery.

The twats on the pic Trouble was posting are exactly the once Iam talking about.

I can even understand local poachers who have to take care of a starving family and have not much of a choice. But not some rich dentist who is afraid that people don't get what a tough dude he really is if he doesn't kill some big game animal.

Can't they just buy an overly expensive and fast car to get over their small dicks or fear of not beeing manly enough ? Seems to work for a lot of people.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 06, 2019, 10:53:35 PMThere's a lot of reasons why people hunt. I don't because I don't need to. Some I understand, but there are 3 types of hunting that I don't agree with.

Yeah, to be clear - I have absolutely no issue with hunting in general. My father used to stalk deer and I've killed things myself (although I'm about to call shooting birds and rabbits "hunting" lol).

But there's a big difference between killing something abundant that you're going to eat, and just killing something to say you did.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 07, 2019, 12:18:42 PM
"...compared to animals who live in the mordern meat industry until they are put out of their misery."

The Dark Lord is cornering the meat markets?

Forgive me. I just watched some of the Hobbit and I'm seeing this stuff everywhere.   :)

The Old One

The Old One

Apparently in Silicon Valley they're growing meat.

(And building atmosphere processors)

So, maybe the farming industry will collapse and there'll be no more animal killing!
lol

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 12:14:04 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 07, 2019, 12:18:42 PM
"...compared to animals who live in the mordern meat industry until they are put out of their misery."

The Dark Lord is cornering the meat markets?

Forgive me. I just watched some of the Hobbit and I'm seeing this stuff everywhere.   :)

They don't call him the Dark Lord for nothing  ;)

Morally questionable food production seems not too far fetched. His legions of orcs have to eat something after all.

The Kurgan

Gawpers and rubbernecks at the scene of a traffic accident. At best slowing traffic down, at worst filming and taking pictures of the injured or even prevent first responders to get to the scene because they are in the way.

Horrible people.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the f*cking tailbacks you get stuck in solely because people are slowing down to have a look.

Huggs

Huggs

How the smell of campfire smoke sticks to you, even after a second.

Huggs

Huggs

Tablespoons.

TheSailingRabbit

Ingwar

Ingwar

Things I hate in the world?

Human kind
Superstition
Bigotry
Greed and envy
Lack of empathy

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2019, 11:58:29 PM
Things I hate in the world?

Superstition

How can anyone hate Stevie Wonder?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

DVDs/Blu-rays that don't give post-credits scenes their own chapter point so you can skip straight to them. Pain in the arse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed