Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women?

Started by predxeno, May 25, 2010, 05:41:42 PM

Author
Why do people hate the Predalien embryo implantation into the pregnant women? (Read 89,210 times)

SiL

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 26, 2010, 07:28:43 AM
Perhaps this is a part of the misinterpretation. The kid was never meant to spurt, just crumple and bleed.
That's just as bad.

And any way you cut it, doing that to a newborn baby is infinitely worse than, and wholly incomparable to, doing it to a grown adult.

QuoteDoesn't really say much.
Says plenty.

They could've gone for broke. They chose not to. Ergo it was restrained.

QuoteIf memory serves, he was beginning to just bleed from what we could see.
He is bleeding from his mouth.

It's entirely possible that was the tail to his gut, however.

Quote(But that doesn't count, 'cause Riddles wanted the unrestrained version. S'just that the studio put its foot down hard).
And the movie was all the better for it.

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 26, 2010, 12:57:56 AM
Apparently, someone high up thought the Alien's lifecycle was not an obvious enough perversion of human pregnancy.

It's not so much the use of a pregnant woman as Alien fodder; every mistake was in execution. From the egg-barfing to the Predalien's own design, man-in-a-suit vibe and silly behaviour, that scene reeked of artificial horror.

You could make that scene hold so much more impact, although at that stage of production I guess it was already too late.

A redesigned, lithe, creepy Predalien hangs over the pregnant woman, observing her. The lights are flickering on and off as emergency power fails, but the Alien is clever enough to have chosen an especially enshrouded corner to lurk in, its long tail imitating hospital equipment in the shadows. But the woman caught a glimpse. She knows something's in the room with her. And she's in labour.

Her screaming and weeping carries down the desolate, abandoned hallways like the echo of a ghost until, finally, her child is born. The lights flicker and lightning strikes outside, and the Alien looms above her, holding her child. Curious. An experimental application of finger pressure crushes the child, blood and innards escaping from its ruined corpse wherever they can. The Alien, appearing a little disappointed if anything, moves back into its dark place and begins observing the woman again.

Serious. Dead serious, you've got problems. This isn't a horror film. As SM stated, in Aliens we KNEW children and women died but we didn't need to see them. True horror is what the imagination does with a horrific idea. This scene was just for a (failed) shock factor.

In regards to Chet's tail disguising itself like hospital equipment, have you ever been to a hospital? What f**king piece of equipment does an dark-colored, 4-5 ft, skeletal tail resemble? I have to tell you, I've seen my share of hospitals and I have yet to come across anything that resembles such.

War Wager

@MadassAlex

That's even worse than what we got in the movie.

The idea of having a prego essentially strapped to a bed while something murderous watches on, is good horror. Her screaming in fear and being completely helpless to whats about to happen would make an intense scene (if you gave a toss about the character in question).

Forget about killing babies, period. There's horror and then there's disgust.

SiL

I think we get that MadassAlex has proved he should never suggest anything for anything ever again.

Let's ... move on.

Tangakkai

The impregnation was like Omega already said over the top, had too gory consquences and what I really hate about it, is that you can tell that it's the fanboy-phantasy of the Strause Brothers come true in a very very sick, perverse and disgusting way.
It is part of the B-Movie character of the film and it ruined the character of the Alien.

The Alien always was a very "erotic" being in an abstract way. Giger deliberately painted it in a very controversial way. Yet the sexuality that was behind the creature was very very subtle and served the purpose of giving the people the creepy unknown.

The way the Predalien reproduces it's kind destroys this all because it's so unasthetic and so direct, nothing artistic about it like in Giger's vision...

OmegaZilla

The PredBen

predxeno

Quote from: Keg on May 26, 2010, 07:19:38 AM
for me the biggest reason why the maternity ward scene doesnt work is that it flat out makes no sense on a couple of levels. one is why would an alien creature only be able to use pregnant women as hosts? It doesnt make sense. And for those that say it may have been able to do it to others then why did it go and seek out pregnant women after it came across the one in the cafe? and thats the second reason why it makes no sense. its idiotic to believe that a creature that can only reproduce using pregnant women, just happens to stumble across a maternity ward. far too convienient.

All this isnt even taking into account the unneccessary and childish attempt at shocking the audience or the complete disregard of canon and established facts about the creatures in 7 previous films.

anybody who doesnt mind the predalien and/or its reproductive method is probably a teenager who has seen the AVP movies first and doesnt have the appreciation for the series that others do. if theres blood and gore, plenty of monsters and some "cool" deaths, these morons are happy, and unfortunately it was these people that AVPR was aimed at.

I find it interesting that everyone automatically assumed Carrie, women in cafe, was pregnant.  We have no real evidence that indicates she was pregnant at all or that the Predalien didn't impregnate other nonpregnant people offscreen.  I've been counting aliens and I am pretty sure that if the Predalien only impregnated Carrie, then there were way too many aliens before the Predalien even arrived at the maternity ward.  I liked the movie and I appreciated the scene, I'm not some teenager, I'm 19 going on 20 in a couple of months.  I guess I just like a lot of action.  Though the storyline may not be that great, movies like Predator 2 and AVPR have great rewatching value when you just want to skip to the action.  Movies like Alien and Predator build more on suspense and storyline than the actual action.  I guess each movie has its own unique purpose.  I know a lot of you will disaprove, but I found Madassalex's story to be interesting and an intriguing concept/alternate scene of the maternity ward scene in AVPR.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: predxeno on May 26, 2010, 02:07:56 PM
I find it interesting that everyone automatically assumed Carrie, women in cafe, was pregnant. 
Maybe because she had a slightly round belly... :P

MadassAlex

Settle down gentlemen, I had a pretty terrible idea and I've rescinded it since.

Firmly put in my place.

ShadowPred

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 26, 2010, 02:12:15 PM
I find it interesting that everyone automatically assumed Carrie, women in cafe, was pregnant. 

And because, even though it was deleted, she had baby bursters coming out.

Keg

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 26, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Exactly. Theres a scene where she specifically rubs both her hands on her very large and heavily pregnant belly. watch it again. the woman in the cafe is most definately pregnant.

predxeno

I looked at Carrie again.  If you are looking for her to be pregnant, yeah, I can sort of see a roundness to her belly.  I can't be completely sure, though.  Seriously, has anyone counted the aliens?  After the sewer incident there were only three aliens; two human aliens and one Predalien.  One human alien went with the Predalien into the cafe where the cook/guy was killed and Carrie impregnated.  The other one went to the powerplant.  Does anyone know whether Wolf killed the alien at the Powerplant?  While the fight at the powerplant was commencing, an alien (possibly the one from the cafe) went into the pool and killed two bullies.  However, there is also an alien attacking Molly, Kelly, and the dad afterwards.  Is that the alien from the powerplant?  If not, where did it come from?  This may indicate that either there were more pregnant women around or the egg-barfing works on nonpregnant hosts as well.

Keg

Quote from: predxeno on May 26, 2010, 05:52:46 PM
I looked at Carrie again.  If you are looking for her to be pregnant, yeah, I can sort of see a roundness to her belly.  I can't be completely sure, though.

Get your eyes checked if you cant be completely sure. Shes 100% heavily pregnant. The point is even rammed home when she cradles her belly with her hands.

Quote from: predxeno on May 26, 2010, 05:52:46 PM
This may indicate that either there were more pregnant women around or the egg-barfing works on nonpregnant hosts as well.

Where are you getting this shit from? Puzzled much?

predxeno

I'm using logic.  I counted the aliens and there's a sort of discrepancy.  I looked closer at the powerplant scene and they don't show you the death of the alien so it is assumed that it escaped Wolf.  Three aliens came out of Carrie, which I want to note now that Darcy said that Carrie's stomach was gone.  This suggests that the embryos were placed in her stomach and not her womb.  However, Darcy is merely as frightened civilian and witness testimony can be very inaccurate.  Wolf killed the alien at the pool so that leaves the powerplant alien and the Carrie's three children.  The Wolf Predator onscreen kills three drones at the store, we don't know what happened to the fourth, though.  All in all, before the maternity ward scene, there were four alien max running rampant throughout the city.  It's not very believeable that four aliens and a predalien were able to control a city of population 5476 (according to the trailer).  It has always been hinted throughout the movie that there were a large amount of alien that were doing all the destruction.  I know the capabilities of the alien and all the damage that a lone alien can do, but four drones and one predalien mastering this city by themselves doesn't seem very probable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed