"Zeta Reticuli" - The Jockey Homeworld?

Started by War Wager, May 13, 2010, 07:58:25 PM

Author
"Zeta Reticuli" - The Jockey Homeworld? (Read 3,537 times)

RumorControl

RumorControl

Just to clear some things up:

Zeta 2 Reticuli is a star in the Zeta Reticuli system, not a planet.  In Alien, Lambert said that the Nostromo was "just short" of Zeta 2 Reticuli, meaning that they weren't actually there yet.  In the movie, there's an unnamed fictional ringed planet in this system, and LV-426 is a moon (or possibly a planetoid) of this planet. 

So again, Zeta 2 Reticuli itself has nothing to do with the aliens or xenomorphs.  It's not the big ringed planet and it's not LV-426.  I think Scott is a little confused, but then again, it's been 30 years for him.

SM

SM

Didn't really need clearing up but thanks anyway...

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I suppose I'm wondering about how accurately Ridley was quoted about Zeta Reticuli. But he didn't seem to have any view about where the planetoid was when he made the first movie, and it seems that O'Bannon probably just threw the name Zeta II Reticuli in there as if it were a galactic landmark because of his interest in the Betty and Barney Hill alien abduction case. But I wonder if the Alien prequel script writer decided to use the star system name because it's been talked about in the forums in recent years and managed to get into the Aliens comic books as the place where the derelict was found (if I remember rightly). I'm distressed by this possible placing of the planetoid in the Zeta Reticuli star system just as I get irritated when I find any scifi movie using any UFO related event such as Roswell in it's plot and claim that it's own movie monsters or brand of ETs were responsible for crashing there but don't fit the description. I remember when they had the Ferengi responsible for Roswell in an episode of Star Trek and this irritated me to no end, just as did Alien Hunter which featured a biomechanoid inspired alien.

Maybe it's the thing to be done in terms of amalgamating ideas to condense things down for a movie. I don't know what the result of this will be in the final film.
Maybe Scott means that the planetoid is symbolic of all the mythology we have about the Zeta Reticuli star system, I hope so.

What though if Spaights the scriptwriter's ideas are everything we feared worse about the Brother Strause's planned AVP 3

SM

SM

QuoteBut I wonder if the Alien prequel script writer decided to use the star system name because it's been talked about in the forums in recent years and managed to get into the Aliens comic books as the place where the derelict was found (if I remember rightly).

Can't ever remember any mention of Z2R in any comics.

Maybe the new film is set in the Z1R system.

wmmvrrvrrmm

the Zeta 2 Reticuli system was briefly mentioned in the "Aliens Apocalypse the destroying angels" comic series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed