DS Version- Space Jockey Alien?

Started by RazorSlash, May 07, 2010, 11:06:04 PM

Author
DS Version- Space Jockey Alien? (Read 15,187 times)

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

I reviewed the DS trailer and noticed something that looked similair to a Space Jockey alien.

Its around the 1:22 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbjped9gM8

Chris!(($$))!

Yeh. It looks like the DS game would of had a Jockey Xeno. I personally think it was done terribly.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Being that it's a DS sidescroller in the vein of the old arcade games,I couldn't really care if it was in the DS version.

Would rage if it was in the actual FPS though.

Chris!(($$))!

I doubt a design like THAT would be in the FPS. They might have a Jockey Xeno but it will probably be much better done.

predxeno

predxeno

I noted this in the "Do you like the idea of aliens being created by space jockeys?" thread.  My only complaint is that it deviates from the design in Alien Apocalypse, I like to consider comics and stuff canon.  Either way, this game isn't officially out yet so I don't think what's in the video is considered canon at all.

Chris!(($$))!

Many different things in the ALIENS universe whether movies, comics or games, conflict so there will always be a conflicting element around the space jockeys.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, you're right.

Adey

Adey

We will all get to see what the space jockey aliens look like in the alien prequels, i dont think gearbox would of had permission from fox to do a jockey alien before we get to see Ridley's version. So you never know this game might not be released till the first of the prequels comes out.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Adey on May 18, 2010, 05:50:29 AM
We will all get to see what the space jockey aliens look like in the alien prequels, i dont think gearbox would of had permission from fox to do a jockey alien before we get to see Ridley's version. So you never know this game might not be released till the first of the prequels comes out.
Nope. The alien won't be in the prequel at all.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 18, 2010, 07:32:11 PM

Explain?

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Ridley Scott mentioned that he may redesign the facehugger and chestburster. People took it out of context and started spreading rumor that the Alien won't even be in the prequel.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Brother on May 18, 2010, 08:18:25 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on May 18, 2010, 07:32:11 PM

Explain?
He took "out of context" to the extreme ::)

predxeno

predxeno

What Ridley means is that the original alien, the one birthed from humans, won't be in the prequels.  He wants to redesign a new alien cause he thinks that since we all know what an alien looks like, it has taken away some of the fear factor when the creature attacks (we all know what an alien looks like and what its traits are; so if we know this, why should we be afraid of something that we have faced in multiple movies and video games?).

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: predxeno on May 18, 2010, 09:18:07 PM
What Ridley means is that the original alien, the one birthed from humans, won't be in the prequels.  He wants to redesign a new alien cause he thinks that since we all know what an alien looks like, it has taken away some of the fear factor when the creature attacks (we all know what an alien looks like and what its traits are; so if we know this, why should we be afraid of something that we have faced in multiple movies and video games?).

This is true but I hope he doesn't redesign the human born Xenos. That would make so many things worthless.

SM

SM

Nevermind all that - what is that appalling song?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed