About the setting...

Started by darkbladepred, Jul 15, 2007, 12:41:02 AM

Author
About the setting... (Read 1,483 times)

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

I just read on Planet AVP a quote from Greg strause:

"I don't think that I can agree with a plot that fails to mention Aliens Vs. Predator. If this was a movie only about humans, think how lame truck drivers would sound. But Alien worked amazingly, and I don't see anyone *beep* on the fact that the majority of the crew of the Nostromo were basically blue collar truckers. In fact, this is what made them easy to relate to, and compelling to watch. I think the same applies - don't try to be negative about the small town thing when you have these creatures potentially taking over. Scenes will never play out as he has characterized..."

That's not the full post, its on IMDB. I'm not going to register to read one post, so if someone else wants to copy and paste it here that'd be great.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

That's all he said. That's the full post.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Completely agree with that quote.

Highland

Highland

Did you read what the guys potential plot was though, that provoked the answer?

It was pretty much spot on what the potential story line would pan out like , if the AICN script or parts of were in the movie.......

jimmylace

jimmylace

yeah but what Greg is missing is that the reason why the blue collar thing worked was because no one had seen humanity being portrayed so normally in a futuristic setting. Had Alien featured the same characters on present day Earth it would have been long forgotten.

jimmylace

jimmylace

If I was writing an Alien Vs Predator movie :)....and was forced to set it on present day Earth, I'd resort to setting the whole thing on an Army base. Either that or I'd set it in a covenant.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Thats really the problem with this franchise. The creatures really only work with those kinds of human situtations...this series really needs something totally fresh. It needs to go to the alien homeplanet.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: jimmylace on Jul 15, 2007, 04:33:25 PM
If I was writing an Alien Vs Predator movie :)....and was forced to set it on present day Earth, I'd resort to setting the whole thing on an Army base. Either that or I'd set it in a covenant.

An army base would be too small and a convent would generally be in a city.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I kind of don't understand that post though.

"I don't think that I can agree with a plot that fails to mention Aliens Vs. Predator"

Eh, what?

"I think the same applies - don't try to be negative about the small town thing when you have these creatures potentially taking over"

POTENTIALLY?  ???

SM

SM

Yeah 'potentially'.  What's the problem?  The plot will revolve around the Aliens trying to take over the town (like they did in Aliens) and the Predator duking it out with them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed