New info from the set reports/interviews *SPOILERS*

Started by Doomofman, May 06, 2010, 01:26:56 PM

Author
New info from the set reports/interviews *SPOILERS* (Read 14,666 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Don't hype yourself too much, you'll hate the film when it comes out.

MrBrokenTusks.

Thats what happened with avp 3 game  :P but I think Predators should pull threw.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 07, 2010, 07:40:49 PM
Don't hype yourself too much, you'll hate the film when it comes out.
Then we have all rights to hate the film. I'm sick and tired of people going "ohh ohh lower your expectations!"

f**k no, I'm not going to lower my expectations one little bit, it's not my fault if they can't make a good movie. I watched Predator and i was blown away, same with Predator 2, and if it doesn't happen with Predators then it's because they failed, not because of me and my expectation that they deliver something i will love.

That being said, my expectations were never higher for a movie of that caliber. It got great actors, a good director, a great producer, kick ass costumes, fresh ideas and a very good setting, the hell with them if they f**k that up.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on May 07, 2010, 07:42:39 PM
Thats what happened with avp 3 game  :P but I think Predators should pull threw.
But what if it doesn't? What if Mr. Tusks takes off his mask and reveals to be a Visitor with Mandibles?
I had quite a lot of happenings like this - when I saw first trailer for AvPR, I was titanicly thrilled because it looked awesome. You can imagine the aftermath.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 07, 2010, 07:48:29 PM
Then we have all rights to hate the film. I'm sick and tired of people going "ohh ohh lower your expectations!"

f**k no, I'm not going to lower my expectations one little bit, it's not my fault if they can't make a good movie. I watched Predator and i was blown away, same with Predator 2, and if it doesn't happen with Predators then it's because they failed, not because of me and my expectation that they deliver something i will love.
It's logically obvious that one will hate a film if s/he goes with the f**king  highest expectations. it's literally impossible for a movie to fill all of the highest expectations of the public. You consider Predator a masterpiece. If you will hate this new film, it's only because you were too hyped for the release, because you expect another f**king masterpiece of a film. Any film can be enjoyed if you go to see it with low expectations.
You are tired? Hoo hoo, I was just giving an advice, because lots, lots and lots, and even more lots of films are literally crushed under insults because fans expect everything like the original, and get abnormally hyped for the film only to spit on it in the aftermath, because the skin color's all different and they do not hunt like this bla! and stuff like that. You can hate the film and literally nobody can forbid that to you. But if you go with the highest expectations, and if you expect to be blown away as with Predator, you will be deluded. End of.
In the End, I was talking to another user and giving a f**king advice to another user.
And mine was practically one of what, 3 messages saying that expectations could be lowered to enjoy more the film?
And please note that I will not get further on this argument, thanks.

/End of Transmission

Johnny Handsome

Depends on what kind of person you are, and what personal standarts you have. I enjoy a lot of stuff, even if it isn't Oscar worthy.

In the end of the day it's your opinion, I'm not driving to the theater thinking "ohh I'm now going to watch a movie that will probably be mediocre". I expect something that will be good, and that will deliver on the levels that i think make a good movie.

If they can't give me that then they failed, simple as. I'm not going to lower my expectations.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Glad you read my posts.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 07, 2010, 07:59:17 PM
Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on May 07, 2010, 07:42:39 PM
But what if it doesn't? What if Mr. Tusks takes off his mask and reveals to be a Visitor with Mandibles?
I had quite a lot of happenings like this - when I saw first trailer for AvPR, I was titanicly thrilled because it looked awesome. You can imagine the aftermath.
Yer but I can look over a few bad things as long as the overall product is good :)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 07, 2010, 08:16:00 PM

Glad you read my posts.

Where did i say that you should respond to my post? :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You could have avoided responding, following that philosophy, because I will not go further.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 07, 2010, 08:22:15 PM
You could have avoided responding, following that philosophy, because I will not go further.

So basically you're telling people your thing and then go "Talk to the hand"?

I think someone should get you the definition of a 'discussion board'  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

There are some discussion points that I don't feel to discuss, such as fan reaction and expectations to films.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 07, 2010, 08:31:06 PM
There are some discussion points that I don't feel to discuss, such as fan reaction and expectations to films.
So ignore my respond then, like you said you would do...and then somehow didn't.

Anto of the Sand

Could you two not ruin a good thread with your incessant whining ?

I'm curious about what this stick man looks like. Never even heard of him 'till now. Sounds like a cross between a Xeno and a Space Jockey.

Billy

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 07, 2010, 09:11:12 PM
Could you two not ruin a good thread with your incessant whining ?

I'm curious about what this stick man looks like. Never even heard of him 'till now. Sounds like a cross between a Xeno and a Space Jockey.

This is what I could've gathered from the recent interviews about "stick man" 's appearance:
Spoiler
It's arms will be thin and long, and it's shoulders will have strange-looking attachments. It's tall, pale, and vaguely resembling the aliens from "Independence Day"/"War of the Worlds".
[close]

Doomofman

Woo my thread got linked in a news item.... *is proud*   :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed