On Set Interview: Nimrod Antal

Started by Darkoo, May 06, 2010, 07:41:36 AM

Author
On Set Interview: Nimrod Antal (Read 11,144 times)

Corporate Merc

Dont know if this has been posted before but at the bottom of the article is a link to this slighty similar pic that was posted before.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9283:high-rez-image-of-more-cold-wet-humans-with-guns-from-predators&catid=42:images&Itemid=72

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

antal really gives an impression that hes on some sort of leash for robert sounds so weird but honestly at the end of the day it looks like they have given us the proper asthetic qualities back unlike what the avp films did which just blew the preds out of proportion to what they should of been.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on May 06, 2010, 09:40:20 AM
I'm getting a bit nervous now. There are so many inconsistencies and hypocrisy's in that interview, it bugs me.

1.) They say they want to distant themselves from the AvP films, yet they hire the editor of the last film.

2.) They say the weapons in AvP were too big and cartoonish, yet they've done exactly that with their main Predator.

3.) They keep stressing it's "99% practical effects", yet anyone who's read the script (the Pred-hound sequences in particular), knows that must be an exaggeration.

4.) Nimrod's praised the Genisis camera as "the strongest picture quality" and "beautifully lit", yet I saw the Predators trailer in-front of Iron Man 2 earlier this week and it looked dull and dark on the big screen. Especially when compared to the other trailers. Yes, it was that noticeable.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still looking forward to the film and I'll support it because I love the series and want it to do well, but I'm cautious. Very cautious.

**tongue in cheek***

Yeah man, this movie is going to f*cking suck now! F*CK anyone who did work on the AVP abortions!!! G*d damn then too helll!!

Bro...It's not that big of a deal. Blame the directors and the peoples who wrote the screen play, not some chump who didnt have anything to do with the actual production and flow of story.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'm getting a bit nervous now. There are so many inconsistencies and hypocrisy's in that interview, it bugs me.

1.) They say they want to distant themselves from the AvP films, yet they hire the editor of the last film.

2.) They say the weapons in AvP were too big and cartoonish, yet they've done exactly that with their main Predator.

3.) They keep stressing it's "99% practical effects", yet anyone who's read the script (the Pred-hound sequences in particular), knows that must be an exaggeration.

4.) Nimrod's praised the Genisis camera as "the strongest picture quality" and "beautifully lit", yet I saw the Predators trailer in-front of Iron Man 2 earlier this week and it looked dull and dark on the big screen. Especially when compared to the other trailers. Yes, it was that noticeable.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still looking forward to the film and I'll support it because I love the series and want it to do well, but I'm cautious. Very cautious.

Is it wrong of me to say that regardless of the news, good or bad, that I just really stopped caring altogether?

-Rakai'Thwei

Royce

Royce

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on May 06, 2010, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on May 06, 2010, 02:56:53 PM
lets hope not.

Agreed.

Quotei do see the inconsistency in all, but if there is anything that bothers me about this movie, its not it. i mean, the movie has certain quality guarantied from what i see from the people on board. they are all good actors, producers, and the editor is probably not an issue as pinkman already pointed out(we know fox is NOT gonna try as hard to f**k this up)

Again, I agree.

The issue to me, is that by claiming Predators completely ignores the AvP films, yet hiring the editor of AvP:R, makes Rodriguez and Nimrod look like they're just trying to keep the fans happy. You know, saying what they think we want to hear.

I'm willing to bet that Alex Young at 20th Century Fox is the guy that got Dan Zimmerman on board to edit the film. Why do I say this? Not because he edited AVP-R but because he has edited a few other films that were released by 20th Century Fox like The Omen and Max Payne. The people over at Fox probably like the work he has done for them so because of that, they probably told Antal and Rodriguez that he is the guy they should use to edit the film. Yes, Rodriguez and Antal have said that they were given a lot of freedom to do what they want on the film but it doesn't mean that the people at Fox can't throw in some of what they want. Zimmerman is probably one of the choices they wanted seeing that this is a 20th Century Fox movie.

Having seen The Omen, Max Payne and the awful AVP-R, Zimmerman seems to be a fine editor. Mind you, those three films were not very good but Zimmerman doesn't have any say in casting, script writing, direction, design or the cinematography. And you have to remember that just because Zimmerman is editing the film, it doesn't mean that Antal and Rodriguez will not get their own say in how they want the film put together. It's a collaboration between the editor, director and producer on how the film is edited.

Zimmerman is a fine choice to edit the film and I am sure he will do his best for Predators. No one should worry about him editing the film. 

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: KirklandSignature on May 06, 2010, 05:19:32 PM

**tongue in cheek***

Yeah man, this movie is going to f*cking suck now! F*CK anyone who did work on the AVP abortions!!! G*d damn then too helll!!

Bro...It's not that big of a deal. Blame the directors and the peoples who wrote the screen play, not some chump who didnt have anything to do with the actual production and flow of story.

Dude. You're an idiot.

No one has a problem with the editor, where are you getting this from? What I'm opposed to, is the seeming hypocrisy of Rodriguez and Antal.

E.g. They slate the AvP films and dismiss them as rubbish, yet they hire the editor of one of those films to work on Predators. If they hadn't made such a big deal about how much they were ignoring the AvPs, they I wouldn't have a problem.

I'll reiterate:

1.) I do not have a problem with the editor.
2.) I do not suddenly think this film is going to suck.
3.) I do however think that Rodriguez and Antal are basically telling us what they think us fans want to hear.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Royce on May 07, 2010, 04:50:07 AM
lets hope not.

Agreed.

Quotei do see the inconsistency in all, but if there is anything that bothers me about this movie, its not it. i mean, the movie has certain quality guarantied from what i see from the people on board. they are all good actors, producers, and the editor is probably not an issue as pinkman already pointed out(we know fox is NOT gonna try as hard to f**k this up)

Again, I agree.

The issue to me, is that by claiming Predators completely ignores the AvP films, yet hiring the editor of AvP:R, makes Rodriguez and Nimrod look like they're just trying to keep the fans happy. You know, saying what they think we want to hear.

I'm willing to bet that Alex Young at 20th Century Fox is the guy that got Dan Zimmerman on board to edit the film. Why do I say this? Not because he edited AVP-R but because he has edited a few other films that were released by 20th Century Fox like The Omen and Max Payne. The people over at Fox probably like the work he has done for them so because of that, they probably told Antal and Rodriguez that he is the guy they should use to edit the film. Yes, Rodriguez and Antal have said that they were given a lot of freedom to do what they want on the film but it doesn't mean that the people at Fox can't throw in some of what they want. Zimmerman is probably one of the choices they wanted seeing that this is a 20th Century Fox movie.

Having seen The Omen, Max Payne and the awful AVP-R, Zimmerman seems to be a fine editor. Mind you, those three films were not very good but Zimmerman doesn't have any say in casting, script writing, direction, design or the cinematography. And you have to remember that just because Zimmerman is editing the film, it doesn't mean that Antal and Rodriguez will not get their own say in how they want the film put together. It's a collaboration between the editor, director and producer on how the film is edited.

Zimmerman is a fine choice to edit the film and I am sure he will do his best for Predators. No one should worry about him editing the film.

For the third time... No one has a problem with Dan Zimmerman as the editor. Re-read the post.

Royce

Royce

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on May 07, 2010, 10:08:56 AM
Quote from: Royce on May 07, 2010, 04:50:07 AM
lets hope not.

Agreed.

Again, I agree.

For the third time... No one has a problem with Dan Zimmerman as the editor. Re-read the post.

Reread mine and I try to explain why Zimmerman was probably hired to edit the film. Yes, Zimmerman edited AVP-R and yes, Rodriguez and Antal have stated that they are staying away from the crappy AVP films but chances are Zimmerman was hired from them and not by choice.

TheBearPaw

TheBearPaw

Hard R! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed