The Queen in AVP was BIGGER than the one in A2

Started by Meathead320, Jan 10, 2007, 08:33:51 PM

Author
The Queen in AVP was BIGGER than the one in A2 (Read 18,438 times)

Eidotemit

Yeah, Im just chalking this one up to age. Its nice, simple, and plausible.

Faust VIII

The queen of the AVP movie was bigger.
Someone said that she came out of a predator, well dont think about it cuz its a lie, if she came of a predator she will be a predalien, more stronger than the regular alien and predators, and about the size well i think that the only answer for that can be the age.

SM

Now I think about it, I tend to think she could have come out of a Predator and was transplanted in the temple when it was built.  Though she could have just as easily been bred from any of the Predator's slave races (I can't imagine humans are the only ones).

Quotewell dont think about it cuz its a lie, if she came of a predator she will be a predalien, more stronger than the regular alien and predators

All unsubstantiated nonsense.

Queens can come out of ANY host species - why would they be restricted to humans?

Eidotemit

I agree with SM that Queens will look the same no matter what hst they come from. Best answer for it is the Queen was just older.

Meathead320

I still do think the AVP Queen did have a human, or human sized host.

All of these differences could be maturity related.

1). The serrations on her head.

2).  Her primary arm placement, more like the regular shoulder area of a normal adult alien, not extending out of her back like the A2 Queen.

3). The Legs were now slightly larger compared to the rest of her. This is an adaptation for supporting greater bodyweight.

4). Her feet were both much bigger relative to the rest of her, and the high heel was missing. Again, this is a good adaptation to being bigger; you have to become sturdier as well.

There were other changes too. She was also a lot stronger. I doubt Ripley would have been able to fight THIS Queen in the loader. The loader would have been ripped apart like tinfoil.

But although this was a bigger stronger Queen, I do not think she was quite big enough to have come from a predator.

That and I believe if another sequel would have a new Queen, she too would be at least this size, and probably of the updated design too. Even if her host was human.

Vader the White

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 27, 2007, 04:37:35 PM
The only other theory, I can come up with, other than the Queen being fully matured, is that she is of a new sub-species of Alien.

"Gird"

OK, the sub-species thing is getting on my nerves. It's mentions a million times when we have heard it before. And you made a typo when you wrote Grid.

The age difference is the most likely cause of the differences.

Meathead320

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 22, 2007, 01:37:19 AM

OK, the sub-species thing is getting on my nerves. It's mentions a million times when we have heard it before. And you made a typo when you wrote Grid.

The age difference is the most likely cause of the differences.

I think most people know what I was trying to convey, in spite of the typo. That is why I did not edit it back.

I am not getting paid to write or edit, so some typos you will easily find in my posts.

Sort of like when you wrote: "It's mentions" you meant "It's mentioned".

I have not mentioned the different subspecies theory in a while either. It may have angered you greatly reading it, but if you look at the posting date of that message; I posted it here over a month before you even registered here.

The only threads that get on my nerves, or should get on anyone's nerves, are the ones written like this:

teh alines r week cuz tehy dont hav gunz an cuz tey R dum...4 me to be a fan i thinck the predater shud win avp2 and teh predaline shud be a roge cuz it is hav alien an it is have...predater...

Vader the White

Sorry. I rarley look ot post dates and sometimes when I read something a lot, I get a little annoyed.

Meathead320

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 22, 2007, 09:00:55 PM
Sorry. I rarley look ot post dates and sometimes when I read something a lot, I get a little annoyed.

It's all good.  It happens to me sometimes too.  ;)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Scale picture of the AVP Queen:

Aliens Queen:

SM

With no decent point of reference in the second pic and the fact her legs are straighter in the first pic, there doesn't seem to be much difference.  AvP crown looks a tad bigger and she seems to be a bit broader across the chest, but it's not a huge difference.

Meathead320

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the AVP Queen mechanical puppet is actually NOT much bigger than the A2 one was.

It is just that in the film AVP whenever the Mech Queen was used for the shot, there was very little on screen for scale.

Most of the shots involving scale, and the legs, where all CG, where she had "size of convenience syndrome", and appeared 24ft tall.

If you have the ADI book, you will also notice that the Mech Queen in AVP still had the "high heels", and they were taken off of the CG Queen too.

If you want a scale reference for AVP, notice the Queen chasing Lex through the whale bones, or when she fell into the building. 

SM

Also to go back to previous conversations about  how the AvP Queen didn't walk properly.  She walked with legs straight up and down rather than the more splayed look of the original Queen, thus making the original appear shorter.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2007, 06:46:19 AM
Also to go back to previous conversations about  how the AvP Queen didn't walk properly.  She walked with legs straight up and down rather than the more splayed look of the original Queen, thus making the original appear shorter.

That is a good point.

Actually the CG Queen in AVP had bigger legs and feet relative to her body size. This change was made to make her look sturdier, and it also had the effect of making her look much bigger too.

She appeared about 20% large than the A2 Queen. Not nearly double the size, but somewhat bigger.

If you click on this link, check out the 3rd image down, and you can easily see how much bigger the legs and feet look compared to the rest of the body on the CG Queen.

At first glance it looks like the primary arms are smaller, but really the rest of her is just BIGGER.

http://taz.3dvf.net/Taz_web/queen.htm

Dingo

I say its just an older queen whose reached full sized. Simple explanation.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed