:(

Started by Gate, Apr 04, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

Author
:( (Read 2,664 times)

Gate

Gate

:(
Anyone besides me starting to miss AvP2? Steam released the original AvP and it's readily growing to be as popular as the new game is.. But poor Monolith and Sierra didn't get the treatment because they're not related to Rebellion.

I do miss the first time I downloaded UMP2, I miss all those weekends I wasted playing multiplayer with my friends on Xfire and all the great maps I played with the AJL Mod..

So I say, let's have a big community come-back.. In the name of Nostalgia.

Xhan

Xhan

Our servers are still consistently populated.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Xhan on Apr 04, 2010, 07:54:55 PM
Our servers are still consistently populated.

Indeed,

Gate

Gate

It seems there aren't many servers crowded when I check... and even then, around 9 people playing on a normal map. I've still got ump2  :D So, which servers are we talking about, so I can add them on my xfire list.

Brother

Brother

SG-2 Servers.

Too bad there aren't many people with UMP2, some very nice maps in there. Look for an SG-2 server with custom maps on Saturday nights, Evac.

Architect3D

Architect3D

I've never been a fan of avp2 multi-player, it was way to slow, clumsy, and bright compared to the original game where speed and dark environments alone made for a quick and reactive if you will, scary and skilled experience.

When i heard Avp2 died i wasnt surprised as i only played a few games online. But one thing i remember was I never tried out this Evac mode your talking about, kinda wondered what that was all about, sounds like an interesting way to play under the theme of aliens.

Do you start at one location and try to make it to an evac zone? what happens when you die? start over in beginning location and your friends have to help everyone evac dangerously leaving the evac zone in order to help the rest? if so i feel like i might have missed out abit lol

Brother

Brother

Exactly. You can set the number of lives the players have, if you die you can get another chance. You aren't safe at the evac point, you can die at any time. If it's "Hardcore evac" every player has to get to evac. You have to stay there for 10 seconds to win the round.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Quote from: Brother on Apr 06, 2010, 12:47:49 PM
SG-2 Servers.

Too bad there aren't many people with UMP2, some very nice maps in there. Look for an SG-2 server with custom maps on Saturday nights, Evac.

OMG :O EVAC IS POPULATED? Saturday evening?! I can bring the cavelry. Or at least... ask them. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Once I'm settled in and the internet is all good at my new place, I'm gonna try and organize some AvPGE/AvP2 game nights.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2010, 07:29:28 PM
Once I'm settled in and the internet is all good at my new place, I'm gonna try and organize some AvPGE/AvP2 game nights.

I, just hope you dont host your avp2 server under the same machine you will play avp2 on.... that will just KILL us man lol..

surely you have an old P2/P3 machine laying about?

Darklarik

Darklarik

i wanted to play but the multiplayer tell me i need an update i cant install. any links to some patches?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Darklarik on Apr 21, 2010, 10:21:19 PM
i wanted to play but the multiplayer tell me i need an update i cant install. any links to some patches?

Right,

Download AvP2 Update 1.0.9.6 (English)

Then

Download Single-Player Map Update #1

Then

Download Multiplayer Map Update #1

Then

TO PLAY ONLINE, download the latest Master server patch which is (1.5.1)

Download Aliens vs. Predator 2 Master Server Patch (1.5.1)

And last but not least visit AvP2Files (For skins mods maps)

Oh and you can check out my own site for pred/human/alien/weapon skins at

Aliens vs. Predator Unknown

I hope that helps

x-M-x

predxeno

predxeno

Sometimes my game glitches in single-player campaign.  At certain points, the screen goes dark but the game is still on.  I have the Gold Edition of the AVP2 games.  Will patches fix this?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 22, 2010, 02:03:44 AM
Sometimes my game glitches in single-player campaign.  At certain points, the screen goes dark but the game is still on.  I have the Gold Edition of the AVP2 games.  Will patches fix this?

That sounds to me... thats a graphics card problem.

and no one should be running AVP2 and not have the patches installed.... 1096 IS A MUST!  :P

predxeno

predxeno

I run the game on Vista.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed