Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 232,496 times)

Keg

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 05, 2010, 11:07:06 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 04, 2010, 10:48:20 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 04, 2010, 10:46:37 PM

HALO on the other hand is overrated and everything, and it sucks ass.

I never understood the appeal of that game. What is it, space marines? I don't get it.

I never got the appeal of Halo either. Played the first game after all the hype and how "this is the future of shooters" etc etc and i was bored shitless by the end. Most FPS are repetitive obviously but for me Halo is one of the worst. And The Flood where annoying as holy hell. Then they went and did something that really pissed me off. You didnt get to see the real ending unless you beat it on the hardest difficulty? What so ive paid for the game but because Im not as good at it as others, I dont get to see what ive paid for. f**k right off. Lets just say I never played a Halo game ever again. Definately the most overrated game series of all time IMO.

You're a genetically enchanced supersoldier who goes by the name of Master Chief, you spend the course of the three games shooting up aliens called the Covenant and generally stopping some really bad shit.

TJ Doc

Bioshock.

Just Bioshock.

Keg

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 05, 2010, 11:33:39 AM
Bioshock.

Just Bioshock.

Whaaaat? If you dont mind could you please explain? I'm not saying you're wrong, it's your opinion but id just like to hear why you think its overrated. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything or start an argument. Just curious.

TJ Doc

You will hear my reasons. But not yet. I'm currently planning a massive rant on that game which I'll probably put in the 'Games you don't like and why' thread.

Stay tuned.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think that pretty much all Camera-held films (and with this term I mean a picture which uses that technique for the whole lenght, so movies a la D9 don't count) are hella overrated.

Shasvre

Quote from: Keg on Apr 04, 2010, 11:10:01 PMI dont think Ledgers performance was overrated at all. Infact as a result of the hype i think alot of people just want to think that. Now im not saying Shavsre is one of them because its your opinion and i respect that but i think theres alot of people who just say it for the sake of being controversial. While i agree somewhat with people who say Begins was better i think Begins is massively underrated compared to The Dark Knight.

Personally i think weve been lucky with the 3 main incarnations of the Joker onscreen. Nicholsons was perfect for Burtons Batman as was Ledger for Nolans. For me though Hamills joker takes the biscuit. He was excellent, and when i imagine the joker, his voice is the one to come into my head.

Don't get me wrong, I think the transformation Ledger went through when he became the Joker was excellent. I never thought of him as Heath Ledger when I was watching the movie. Had I not known it before I saw it I would never have guessed it was him.

With that being said, I didn't like the Joker character in The Dark Knight. I didn't like his looks, the way he talked or the way he constantly smacked his lips while doing it. His make-up didn't look like a smile and I want my Joker to look insanly happy, like he does in the comics.

I saw the movie on the premiere day, before the whole hype started and I didn't like his performance then either. It just annoys me every time I watch the movie. :-\

Keg

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 05, 2010, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 04, 2010, 11:10:01 PMI dont think Ledgers performance was overrated at all. Infact as a result of the hype i think alot of people just want to think that. Now im not saying Shavsre is one of them because its your opinion and i respect that but i think theres alot of people who just say it for the sake of being controversial. While i agree somewhat with people who say Begins was better i think Begins is massively underrated compared to The Dark Knight.

Personally i think weve been lucky with the 3 main incarnations of the Joker onscreen. Nicholsons was perfect for Burtons Batman as was Ledger for Nolans. For me though Hamills joker takes the biscuit. He was excellent, and when i imagine the joker, his voice is the one to come into my head.

Don't get me wrong, I think the transformation Ledger went through when he became the Joker was excellent. I never thought of him as Heath Ledger when I was watching the movie. Had I not known it before I saw it I would never have guessed it was him.

With that being said, I didn't like the Joker character in The Dark Knight. I didn't like his looks, the way he talked or the way he constantly smacked his lips while doing it. His make-up didn't look like a smile and I want my Joker to look insanly happy, like he does in the comics.

I saw the movie on the premiere day, before the whole hype started and I didn't like his performance then either. It just annoys me every time I watch the movie. :-\

Yeah i get ya. youre not saying you didnt like his performance, its just you didnt like the direction the joker was given in the movie. Fair enough. Like i said i think Hamills joker is the best. He's got the best laugh too.
The laugh at 00.34 is brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 05, 2010, 11:42:40 AM
You will hear my reasons. But not yet. I'm currently planning a massive rant on that game which I'll probably put in the 'Games you don't like and why' thread.

Stay tuned.

fair play. im guessing something really narked you then.

ShadowPred

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 05, 2010, 11:42:40 AM

Stay tuned.

I think I have to use that entourage clip again. But I will stay tuned, hopefully you at least make me think about why it ain't as good as it is.

TJ Doc

I'm not aiming to change anyone's opinion (well... maybe), but I think I have enough valid points to make for an epic rant.

I might even involve Schwarzenegger.

Keg

awww come on your just teasing us now. If this turns out to be a few little niggly complaints im gonna be disapointed haha.

TJ Doc

I'll do my best, but if it get to a point where I realise that there's just not much weight to it, I'll scrap the idea and just jot down a few bitchy bullet points.  :D 

Keg

haha

Hive Tyrant

Never liked Bioshock either. Looking forward to the rant.

The PredBen

Overrated?

Battlestar Galactica. I always perferred Stargate SG -1 and Atlantis over BG. I mean they encounter like one other alien race in the whole series. Its just them trying to get to Earth ...

IDK.

ShadowPred

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 05, 2010, 05:30:08 PM

I might even involve Schwarzenegger.

DO IT NOW!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed