*Spoilers* First Draft by Rodriguez vs. Revised Draft by Finch and Litvak

Started by Mutha_Brucka, Mar 28, 2010, 08:05:27 AM

Author
*Spoilers* First Draft by Rodriguez vs. Revised Draft by Finch and Litvak (Read 2,796 times)

Mutha_Brucka

I have read the revised draft a few times, but haven't been able to sit and read all of Rodriguez's first draft. Can anyone tell me (and possibly anyone else who wants to know) if there are any comparisons between the two scripts? As far as I have gotten in Rodriguez's script I haven't really seen any.

DeadCities

ShadowStalker

Wow, i actually read that orginal script, completely werid...but some prts of it werent to bad, but...glad they have the one now that they are using

RakaiThwei

Rodriguez's original draft was completely horrible. It was infact a steaming pile of crap. While some ideas could fit into the Predator mythos, most of them were just outright contradictory and plain outirght stupid. He even had written in his original draft two Predators actually peeing on the Wilson character. When that happened, things stopped making sense, and what was a pile of crap turned into a puddle of diarreah.

Michael Finch and Alex Litvak's script is alot better by a thousand miles. Most of Rodriguez's ideas were thrown out the window save for a few things, and some of the newer ideas fit into the mythos but some ideas were just redundant and unneeded such as the Super Predators.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

Things stopped making sense at the very beginning of the script, probably when the whole pirate thing started.

Royce

We should all feel lucky we are not getting a Predator film based on that awful original script.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Royce on Mar 29, 2010, 01:29:56 AM
We should all feel lucky we are not getting a Predator film based on that awful original script.

Granted, but we should feel worried about the sequel as he mentioned that he wanted to use ideas from the first draft script as well.

Seriously, the slavery idea, the trading idea, the translator devices,  the Predator King, don't need to be used. At all. And I hope we never see them.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

It was just too horrifyingly ridiculous and stupid. Just all around shit that script was.

DeadCities

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 29, 2010, 03:31:41 AM
It was just too horrifyingly ridiculous and stupid. Just all around shit that script was.

It's like he thought to himself "How can i make this as shitty as possible to piss people off?"
It reads like a parody, not a serious predator movie.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 29, 2010, 03:37:51 AM
It's like he thought to himself "How can i make this as shitty as possible to piss people off?"

Either that or he smoked reefer while writing the first draft.

-Rakai'Thwei

DeadCities

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 29, 2010, 05:11:07 AM

Either that or he smoked reefer while writing the first draft.

-Rakai'Thwei

True that :P

Pvt. Hicks

That's exactly what he did. That was his intention. So what you just said wasn't funny.

DeadCities

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 29, 2010, 10:51:13 PM

That's exactly what he did. That was his intention. So what you just said wasn't funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny, and how do you know that?

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 30, 2010, 12:36:46 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 29, 2010, 10:51:13 PM

I wasn't trying to be funny, and how do you know that?

I have friends in high places. Yes, that includes Jesus. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed