"original" predator concept art? (spoiler?)

Started by ArielAleXCo, Mar 15, 2010, 03:02:27 PM

Author
"original" predator concept art? (spoiler?) (Read 22,854 times)

ColdDeadEyes

wat i want to see is a hunt with one of the creatures from predator2 trophy collection :D that would be awesome! especially the big one on the left!

Phlizz

Phlizz

Yeah, that would be cool. Also to see the orginial "jean claude van damme"- predator as a trophy somewhere  :)

Apart from that, I donĀ“t understand why anybody could find something cool about the design... there must be a reason they ditched it when they already shot some footage of it. Each to their own, but I find absolutly nothing would justifiy this design to make it in any movie other than a "Plan 9 from outher space"- remake  ;D

Gamma

Gamma

I'm pretty sure that alien's design is at least a hint towards that crappy first design of the predator

ArielAleXCo

Quote from: jaztermareal on Mar 16, 2010, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: CEP on Mar 16, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
No. No it wouldnt.

your opinion!
im not saying replace the current pred, just give this creature design the opportunity to appear in a movie (not even related to predator or alien if you like).
seriously , if you dislike the original design, say why. dont just say 'because it isnt winstons' but rather point out what areas of the design you dislike. i think that despite being humanoid in shape, it looks great. the bug eyes could be changed a little but in the right lighting, it would be creepy as hell! give it a movie!

I think it did in a movie called "alien vs hunter", that went out around the time of "avpr"

draken161

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Mar 17, 2010, 05:48:28 PM
Quote from: jaztermareal on Mar 16, 2010, 03:49:02 PM
Quote from: CEP on Mar 16, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
No. No it wouldnt.

your opinion!
im not saying replace the current pred, just give this creature design the opportunity to appear in a movie (not even related to predator or alien if you like).
seriously , if you dislike the original design, say why. dont just say 'because it isnt winstons' but rather point out what areas of the design you dislike. i think that despite being humanoid in shape, it looks great. the bug eyes could be changed a little but in the right lighting, it would be creepy as hell! give it a movie!

I think it did in a movie called "alien vs hunter", that went out around the time of "avpr"

They didn't want it because of the awkwardness of the suit when it was worn he ran like and old lady.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

According to the 2 disc edition of Predator, they discarded the originale because it was difficult to shoot in the jungle.

Xenokiller

yeah i just read the winston effect which is a book about all the winston projects and it said the original was too hard to film

ArielAleXCo

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2010, 08:38:51 PM
According to the 2 disc edition of Predator, they discarded the originale because it was difficult to shoot in the jungle.

mctiernan said something like "we where waiting... and when it finally came... we where like... oh my god... BECAUSE it was exactly what we didnt wanted it to look, so we took a couple of shot... send them to FOX... and told the -you dont want us to continue with this. DO YOU?- and they said.. nop... STOP. no no"

the design toke for ages to make. BUT... nobody liked. it sucks. So arnold recomended stan winston because of his work in terminator.

skull-splitter

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Mar 22, 2010, 04:22:21 PM

mctiernan said something like "we where waiting... and when it finally came... we where like... oh my god... BECAUSE it was exactly what we didnt wanted it to look, so we took a couple of shot... send them to FOX... and told the -you dont want us to continue with this. DO YOU?- and they said.. nop... STOP. no no"

the design toke for ages to make. BUT... nobody liked. it sucks. So arnold recomended stan winston because of his work in terminator.

Don't forget the actual suit was whipped up in something along the lines of six weeks, which is part of the reason the seams on the thigh-armor are painfully visable...

The Mercenary

With modern animatronics and CGI effects it could be reserected at some point, may be its one of the aliens the Royce and co bump into. Theres nothing wrong with the design, they just couldn't get it to move and appear like a super hunter!

jaztermareal

Quote from: The Mercenary on Mar 22, 2010, 05:21:19 PM
With modern animatronics and CGI effects it could be reserected at some point, may be its one of the aliens the Royce and co bump into. Theres nothing wrong with the design, they just couldn't get it to move and appear like a super hunter!

exactly!

brennan4

I think it would actually be a pretty clever cameo reminecent of P2

Yautja161

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Mar 22, 2010, 04:22:21 PM

Its awesome how Stan made the sketches of the predator design while sitting in an airplane.
And then being able to create the whole suit so fast to continue shooting in the jungle.

ridetofight

you mean Stand. Stand Windstone.

Xenokiller

Quote from: ridetofight on Mar 22, 2010, 10:57:12 PM
you mean Stand. Stand Windstone.
Stan Winston, not Stand Windstone

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed