IGN.com: Predators Movie Preview

Started by ace3g, Mar 11, 2010, 02:41:32 AM

Author
IGN.com: Predators Movie Preview (Read 2,997 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Predators Movie Preview

Everybody's favorite trophy hunting aliens return this summer.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1076393p1.html

Aeus

Aeus

Everything Rodriquez says in regards to 'rethinking the creature for our time' and 'that was 20 years ago' f**king pisses me off something fierce.

The idea that a clueless tool like him is in charge of 'rebooting' my favorite character ever -one that I had zero qualms with in the first place- is just f**king horrible.

Doomofman

Just a review of everything we know so far put very bluntly for people who weren't paying attention... I didn't realise there was a Q and A after the footage at SXSW

ShadowPred

QuoteWe'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

I am now at 0% interest for this movie.

AintGotTimeToBleed

Maybe he just means in terms of it's special effects, or just make it look like it's in a 2010 movie and not a 1990 one.

Also, great to see the movie getting some attention finally.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 11, 2010, 02:57:59 AM
QuoteWe'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

Do you not understand that Predator is the quintessential 80's movie? He means no buff guys spouting one-liners. You people are of a different kind.

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 11, 2010, 02:41:32 AM
Predators Movie Preview

Everybody's favorite trophy hunting aliens return this summer.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1076393p1.html

AKA shit we already know.

echobbase79

Damn, earlier you said 100%. That article was that bad?

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 11, 2010, 05:27:41 AM

Damn, earlier you said 100%. That article was that bad?

There ain't no pleasing anybody, Rob! When I reach my goal of becoming a movie producer , I want to spitefully piss the fans off by making creative decisions I know they wouldn't like (It'd still make money too, *cough* AvP *cough* :)).

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 11, 2010, 05:13:16 AM
He means no buff guys spouting one-liners.
Which is totally why he specifically mentioned the Predator itself.

echobbase79

All he's talking about is the new predators when he says that. The updating part I mean.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Mar 11, 2010, 05:38:51 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 11, 2010, 05:13:16 AM
He means no buff guys spouting one-liners.
Which is totally why he specifically mentioned the Predator itself.

Oh. Yeah. Hmm. Well lets up the movie is good!

echobbase79

After reading that article I'm more confident that the leaked script draft is pretty much what we're going to see on screen.

Yeah, there might be some different stuff here and there but I'd say most likely we've already read the movie for the most part.

JMO.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Nothing new really, and for now I'm hoping for a trailer soon.

Highland

Highland

Like I've been saying for a few days now, if something doesn't smell right, it probably ain't! I'm buckling in and getting my popcorn ready to be spat out in disgust.  :o

"Rethink" Formula = Predalien = crap = no more movies.

dallevalle

i CANT WAIT TO SEE THE footage or trailer f**k im so excited about this movie !!! man its gonna rock so much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed