What if (Two Queens in different areas who meet)

Started by A L I E N, Mar 07, 2010, 02:54:24 PM

Author
What if (Two Queens in different areas who meet) (Read 12,029 times)

A L I E N

In my opinion they would fight, but not to the death. More like Wolves, to prove dominance over a contester to the Alpha position. One Queen would win and be the main matriarch, ordering round both hives. The other Queen would fall in line and just lay eggs. A merging of hives, a perfect nightmare......

#6.0

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 10, 2010, 01:16:31 AM

Quote from: A L I E N on Mar 12, 2010, 10:07:43 AM
In my opinion they would fight, but not to the death. More like Wolves, to prove dominance over a contester to the Alpha position. One Queen would win and be the main matriarch, ordering round both hives. The other Queen would fall in line and just lay eggs. A merging of hives, a perfect nightmare......

I should point out the obvious here and state that there are actually hive insects - including bees - which form 'super colonies': Several hives all working fluidly with one another.

These are very good ideas!!! i really like them. it kind of ruins my idea that they would fight and the winner, the one still alive, would be the ruler of both hives, merging all the survives of the battle, because if there is something they understand it is survival.

MARKC

I read on weki they fight for dominance.

The Hyena

Theres no canon on it.  But all official material points to them fighting (as in Genocide).

Guess we need to wait for canon to come out, but we can say it most likely is the same as Ants.

Cal427eb

Quote from: MARKC on Mar 16, 2010, 08:00:35 PM
I read on weki they fight for dominance.
And you thought it was true?

War Wager

Don't like the idea that Aliens fight for whatever reason, kinda loses the whole 'perfect organism' concept. They should all think, act and behave as one singular force.

The Hyena

Except there is no canon for that.  Not even the comics suggest that.  Nor the games.

SiL

If it isn't in the movies, then we're free to come up with our own ideas. That's part of the fun.

The Hyena

True.

Shouldn't the comics at least partially come into it? they're official material and more likely to become canon unless a movie says otherwise.

I think Genocide provided a good example.  It may depend on the Queen's DNA.  Perhaps only mutants would be killed by the Alien Queen?  Would the Alien Queen Mother keep the Queens under control if the mutant one wasn't mutant?

SiL

Quote from: The Hyena on Mar 16, 2010, 10:15:16 PM
Shouldn't the comics at least partially come into it?
At the end of the day "canon" is pretty subjective, but the comics and novels have such a habit of not being able to decide which way their ass is. If two comics have completely opposing ideas, which takes precedence? And why?

The Hyena

Thats why I said partially.

We can make fan ideas, while we observe the comics and see which things are conserved the most. -> most likely to be canon.

the Two Queen problem seems to be something that goes either way.  AvP2 (the game) mentions dispersal to form new hives.  Genocide can be troubling as the other queen was a mutant anyway.

SM

It was?

The Hyena

Yeah.  I don't have my copy here to confirm, but the red colouring is the mutation.

Mus

Fighting seems retarded. The aliens become that much less terrifying if they're nothing more than primitive violent purges. Joining forces and merging the hives seems far better, like they actually have half a brain cell and a collective goal to destroy other lifeforms.

SM

QuoteYeah.  I don't have my copy here to confirm, but the red colouring is the mutation.

No the red colouring is so the readers can tell the seperate sides apart.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed