FOX's New Marketing Strategy

Started by YutaniDitch, Jul 05, 2007, 03:38:15 PM

Author
FOX's New Marketing Strategy (Read 1,157 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

The other day, I noticed that BRUCE WILLIS was on the AICN site 'promoting' his DIE HARD 4.0... like the Strauses, he was participating in the forums personally...

Now, is it just a coincidence that this movie is also FOX's...?

Or is this FOX's new marketing approach..? ???

What do you guys think of this...?  ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Hmm, that never occured to me.  I thought those guys just like the "us" and that is why they were involved with the fans.  Well it's a very good marketing strategy.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

In the replies, the actor said that he was not there in an official capacity (and would certainly have never said a few of the things he did, if it were), but that someone informed him that it was a place where people discussed films and that, because he loves that subject, he went to do that.

topman

topman

its a marketing strategy!! thats all im saying

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: topman on Jul 05, 2007, 06:21:02 PM
its a marketing strategy!! thats all im saying

Willis' attempt wasn't. We would never have said some of the things about certain individuals he had, if that were the truth.

Uncanny Antman

Jeez, of all the places for him to go...AICN?  What a waste of time.  Nowhere is there a bigger collection of negative little bitches.   ...except maybe the IMDb.  :)

Predboy

Predboy

Marketing strategy, never crossed my mind until now. Well, if it is, it sure is a good one.

SM

SM

It's not really new though.  Peter Jackson was doing regular online Q and A's with fans back before he started on LOTR.  I'm surprised more studios have taken until now to utilise the internet to get in touch with fans in a more 'intimate' fashion.  Most internet communciation with actors/ directors/ film people in general over the last 10 years has been via moderated dicsussions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed