Class Weapons
52 (25.2%)
Overrun Mode
18 (8.7%)
Alien Life Cycle
99 (48.1%)
Queen Molting Kills
41 (19.9%)
More Maps ( im talking darker collony based maps like those from Aliens with the Darkness, Rain, Steam, Alarms, and Steal Elivator doors
149 (72.3%)
More Weapons
99 (48.1%)
Aliens Species ( not to be confused with skins)
68 (33%)
EVAC and OVERRUN
75 (36.4%)
Other ( if you would like me to add another poll option please let me know in this post and ill be more than happy to add it.
13 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author
What AVP NEEDS brought Back (Read 17,689 times)

lonewolfaem

lonewolfaem

I did a huge rant on the Steam Furoms ill just qoute it, sorry for all the swearing Im just sad that alot of my favorite things of AVP were cut out along with all the Imbalance and Bugs.

But yea Dedicated server are needed along with Modding tools and a system much like CSS when you connect to the server the MOD its running automatically downloads and launches.

lemme get my posted rants from STEAM

1. Add The Dedicated Servers that's just obvious

2. Add MULTIPLAYER GAME SETTING OPTIONS like that of AVP2 that can be toggled based on the server or host ( AvP2 should have been their ♥♥♥♥ing template for their multiplayer )

A. Marines and Preds Class weapons set based on the skin chosen I.E - Claw Preds can start our with a Plasma Caster or a Marine class that starts out with Smart gun, but have LIMITS to each class so like a whole marine team doesnt go Smart gun or whole team of preds go disc.

B. Friendly fire ON or OFF option, seriously I've been sprayed down by so many of my ♥♥♥♥ing marine teamates because they wouldn't have thought FF was ON

C. QUEEN MOLTING KILLS on or off and set the number of kills to allow the queen morph, seriously how the ♥♥♥♥ are you going to have a AvP game and not reward an Alien who can get X Amount of kills now allow them to be a Queen?

E. ALIEN LIFE CYCLE on or off, seriously it was ♥♥♥♥ing fun to spawn as a facehugger, find a marine or pred host and be born a chest burster and hide untill you became a drone

F. Standard commands to allow dedicated server admins to change those options on the fly along with time limit, frag limit etc.

G. EXOSUITS on or off and how many alowed per match. Seriously? Your going to have an aliens game and NOT have a Power loader? APC? Dropship? Or EXOSUIT in this mode?!?! And please seriously put back the Lasers, Minigun, Flame Thrower, AND Rockets into the suit.

3. ADD EVAC, BRING BACK THAT GAME MODE, all you true AvP fans know what im talking about, where the marines spawn at Point A and Need to get to Point B and only have 1 life while the aliens or whoever the defending race has 2 or 3 lives. I cried when Evac mode wasnt brought back, that really was my childhood.

B. And when Evac is added make sure there are Special Map triggers that the Evacing race has to follow in order to call in the Dropship or APC. And the Evac specific maps should be LONG and DARK and give you a sence of HOLY ♥♥♥♥ IM ♥♥♥♥ED IF I DONT MAKE IT!!!

4. ADD OVERRUN , BRING BACK THAT GAME MODE TOO, Overrun was basicly Attcker Race had 2 lives and Defender Race had 1 life and was played in rounds. Attackers spawned at Point A and Defenders at Point B, which ever team was left alive or if time ran out and Defenders were left alive then roudnd would end, the host set the number of rounds.

5. MORE REAL MAPS BASED OFF OF THE ALIEN SERIES!!! ( and a few GOOD jungle maps for Predator like in the Predator movie), seriously wtf?? AvP has 6 ♥♥♥♥in maps and 5 of them are Jungle/Temple maps??? Where is my god damn Coloney Map??? The Darkness and Rain? Steam ? Alarms? Steal Shut Elevators? EVERYTHING that made Aliens is not even there in this game!!! So Rebelion ♥♥♥♥ing fix it or give us modding tools and WE WILL

6. ADD MORE WEAPONS!!! Seriously the Marines have a grand total of 6 weapons ... The Pistol, Shogun, Pulse Rifle, Flame Thrower ( That doesnt even ♥♥♥♥ing work ) Smart Gun, and a very ♥♥♥♥ty Sniper Rifle. Where are my damn EMP Granades that stun Preds and Aliens??? Wheres the Minigun?!?! WHERE ARE THE SENTURY TURRETS?!?! Why couldnt you make something more inivative like being able to mount the flame thrower onto the pulse rifle??? Or diffrent grenade types for the pulse rifle??? Why couldnt you have given marines a Machede or a Knife so if they block and counter with one equied they can stab someone out??? And seriously Preds dont even have their net gun!!! or plasma pistol!!! not like they need them tho because you ♥♥♥♥ed up balancing the pred disc but WHERES THE PRED SELF DESTRUCT!?!? Preds have Wrist Blade, Combie Stick, Plasma Caster, Remote Bomb, Disc, and thier Leap if you wanna consider that a weapon ( which has a BS stun that needs to be taken out) 6 weapons, ♥♥♥♥ man aliens have 6 diffrent weapons too 666 the ♥♥♥♥ing devil made this ♥♥♥♥ing game.

7. ADD ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ AMMO BOXES FOR PREDS AND MARINES, IDFC if a gun is laying around but if I wanna get ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ammo for a sniper rifle or smart gun i gotta ♥♥♥♥ing find one and run over it to get it!!! WTF??? Just put a damn AMMO Box at set points or generate them at random points, I dont wanna play ♥♥♥♥ing Ring around the Rosie because I cant find ♥♥♥♥ing ammo!!

8. ADD DIFFRENT CLASSES FOR EACH RACE and that includes the Aliens!!! Wheres the Runner?!?!? * see 1. Section A* Also these classes ARE NOT to be confused with Skins.

A. Marines should have a heavy weapons class, sniper class, assault class, and a support gunner class and IF the gamemode for class weapons is on the SPAWN with thier class defaults and can ONLY USE THOSE WEAPONS. So a Heavy Weapons Marines starts off with a smartgun and pistol, a sniper starts off with a sniper rifle and shotgun etc.

B. Preds should have thier classes like Claw Pred is specifically Melee and spawns the spear. Hunter spawns with the caster. etc.

C. Aliens need DIFFRENT SPEICIES, Im so tired of the same damn drone, Why cant there be a Runner Alien that has like unlimited sprint but can die easier? And WTF the Pretorian should be like a ♥♥♥♥ing tank not a DRONE SKIN .... Couldnt they have made a Acid Spitter Alien??? or even a Flying Alien? Let alone there should be a Queen alien if an alien can manage a pretty high kill streak. The Alien species is what ♥♥♥♥in seprated AVP2 From the rest of them because each alien required a diffrent stratagy to kill! like pretorians you needed to use PIRECING Ammo to kill.

9. AMMO TYPES FOR MARINES, Seriously Id rather having my Piercing Pistol Rounds over Burst fire any day or my ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Shotgun Slug Rounds... Imagine Shotgun Slugs with DB omg... Or a Rocket launcher with Tracking or Normal rockets? BUT HOLY ♥♥♥♥!!! ALL THESE IDEAS WERE IN A GAME FROM 10 YEARS AGO!!!

10. Fix the way Aliens wall walk, it ♥♥♥♥ing blows, make it so when you hold down shift the aliens climb surfaces and the second you let go of shift you drop down, its not the ♥♥♥♥ing complicated.

11. BRING BACK ALIEN HEADBITE and make the Alien need to " Consume" Marines or Predators to get thier HP back, the Headbite fatalities should restore their HP.

12. Fix Predator and Alien pounce. Seriously the whole Combat system in AvP in this game is complete BS, Aliens should be able to push E to launch themselves to pounce, same with pred but they should NOT be alowed to keep people stunned.

13. Fix Alien Tailwhip, seriously it shouldnt do that much damage if it knocks back your weapon for that long, either get rid of the knock back or get rid of the stun.

14. Fix Heavy attacks, they are just so broken, also if an alien or pred is getting ready for one, alow the marine Melee to ♥♥♥♥ing knock them back.

15. ADD a Queen Hunt Mode, basicly a mode where marines hunt down a NPC or Human Controled Queen and the Aliens have to defend her for X amount of time or kill all the marines, each marine should have like 2 lives or so and Aliens 1 or 2.

16. ADD a defend the base for marines where they get sentry turrets at spawn and aliens can claw off power and etc and overrun the marines

17. Balance the Classes and Races, that goes without saying

18. Fix the damn Mic Problems and in modes when you have lives make sure the dead cant comunicate with the living.

19. Fix the game imbalances such as cheap stuns with Tails and Pred leaps

But yea my main thing is I want my EVAC mode back and Overrun with more Weapons and Maps and maybe even diffrent alien species like in AvP2 and Weapons classes, I know AvP2 was by diffrent developers BUT monolith took ALOT from AvP1 so AvP3 should take from AvP1 and 2

but yea what would you like to see as DLC or back in this new AVP? Post and Vote please

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

The new AvP is desperately lacking in maps I would like to see less maps revolved around single player and more based off the seperate predator and alien movies. Such as nostromo,fury 161, Hadleys Hope and maps from avp classic. After that they need more skins off of the original movies.

lonewolfaem

lonewolfaem

I whole heartedly agree, and make them EVAC friendly if they bring that mode back xD

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

Wait you want to WEAKEN the aliens tail attack? What about the preds? Their heavy attack is so freakin fast and both there light and heavy attack have ridiculous range.If anything the alien needs a boost. Speed UP the tail attack I saw and slow down the preds heavy attack.

vess

vess

Heavy attack speed is based on range and is equal for both alien and predator when in same range.

lonewolfaem

lonewolfaem

The preds need thier heavy attack weakend too, BOTH alien and Predators need to have that stun either taken out or lower the amount of damage the attack does.

101ST Starwind

101ST Starwind

The races are fairly well balanced, as far as I can tell. The only things I'd really like to see - aside from them getting Dedis rolled out - is Evac mode back, more skins (need female and helmet-wearing Marines), and more maps. Though after everyone gets the 4 hunter edition maps the need for new ones may not be so great, since 2 or 3 of the 4 we'll get sound like they'll be good Aliens-style maps or remakes of AVP classic/AVP2 maps.

Sifer2

Sifer2

I am surprised to see Skins are the second highest poll option. WTF guys why do you even care about skins? They add nothing to the gameplay at all. I would far rather see the Class mode back letting us play as the various species of Aliens an use different weapon loadouts on Marines an Preds.

And behind that Evac mode or at least Overrun. I really don't even see why Overrun isn't already in the game it would be effortless to add. Evac would be harder probably requiring its own maps for it to be done right. But its worth doing. As is more maps in general based on the films like others are saying.

Saurian

Saurian

I like the new AVP but to be honest I cant believe they let rebellion do the game. I dont mean any disrespect to them but the first AVP was ok but imo it wasnt anything to drool over. The multiplayer was crap. I have been playing fps for years and I always wonder why these companys dont model their multiplayer off of games that were successful with it like Quake and Halflife. I mean can you imagine a map like 2fort but based in the Aliens universe. The red fort could be drenched in hive secretion,etc. The maps are pretty much like someone stated..5 pyramids, and one colony slash jungle thing. Why on earth did they only provide 2 survivor maps? They did a great job on it but some of it does seem pushed out the door. Its like if they did a re-reboot of the game it would come out perfect. Every marine looks the same. Someone said that skins dont matter to gameplay. They are right they dont but its adds atmosphere.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

So much for trying something new.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't see why so many people want to have Queens available. They'd be fine if opponents only had hand-to-hand weapons! But with ranged weapons, all they are, are much larger targets.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 20, 2010, 08:23:28 AM
I don't see why so many people want to have Queens available. They'd be fine if opponents only had hand-to-hand weapons! But with ranged weapons, all they are, are much larger targets.

... yes. Like a tank! And tanks are highly effective in warfare. Your point being? :P The idea is the Queen being some kind of super-powerful armored beast that can take shitload of punishment and dish out some srs damage. Pesonally I don't like the idea either, but just playing the devil's advocate here.

elderwolf

elderwolf

to me i would love a DLC of the pyramid with survivor, imagine a survivor match in the pyramid everything changin aliens coming from everywere, man that would be EPIC

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I'd like to see lifecycle again. But then as a seperate gamemode.

Huol

Huol

Life cycle would be a fun optional thing for infestation mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed