Other (explain)
21 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 294

Author
DLC Wishlist (Read 45,145 times)

Namihana

Namihana

Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 17, 2010, 06:54:13 AM
While I don't doubt that Survivor mode is going to be a great deal of fun, the lack of any equivalent for the other two races is a little disappointing. The is particularly true for the predator, seeing as it was playable in the Skirmish mode of the original game. So after putting a bit of thought into it, this is what I came up with:

Name: Right of Passage
Players: Up to three player-controlled predators (otherwise AI controlled).
Enemies: Waves of increasingly difficult aliens, culminating with the queen.

Basically, the gameplay would mimic the premise of the first AvP film. Now hear me out before you start hurling abuse. Each predator player starts out at a different (randomised) entrance in a pyramid similar to that from the first film. Initially they are equipped only with their wrist-blades. As they proceed inside, they encounter waves of aliens with steadily increasing numbers and frequency, and also gain access to higher level weaponry at designated points. What makes it interesting is that the pyramid would rearrange itself every few minutes, making your progress through the pyramid restrictive and chaotic. An unfortunate shift may result in you being trapped in a dead-end for a while, having to fend off the aliens until an alternative path is opened.

An ultimate destination (if one is needed) could be a central arena where the first predator to arrive is able to face-off against the alien queen. This chamber would then be locked to the other players for the duration of the battle, relegated to holding off the aliens in the surrounding corridors. Should he prevail over the alien queen, then the player wins the match. If he should fail, however, the chamber re-opens and other two players are given a chance to take their turns. You could also have it so that, wherever a predator player happens to fall, a predalien is spawned in that location, creating a nasty surprise for anyone who happens to stumble across it later (unless they are defeated in the queen chamber).

If the internal reorganisation of the pyramid were done just right, creating an effectively random path in each subsequent game, you could even get away with having a single map. The result would be a game mode that shares some of the survivalist feeling of the Marine equivalent, but overlays this with a competitive dimension which really suits the predators. Should they meet up during their random progress, players would face the decision to either stick together and help each other reach the central chamber, but thereby run the risk of handing victory to their ally, or else leave them to fend for themselves and run the risk that both of you will be overwhelmed before you ever reach it.

Though I despise the AvP movies' plot, I actually REALLY, REALLY like this idea!

And it suits the Predators nature really well!

BWHuntress

BWHuntress

Movie skins would be my wish. 

afrocat

afrocat

That Rite of Passage Idea is great. I want that and Lifecycle. (Not the whole cycle implemented in the game but at least a mode.)

ILikePredatorStufflol

ILikePredatorStufflol

Quote from: Namihana on Feb 17, 2010, 06:57:34 AM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 17, 2010, 06:54:13 AM
While I don't doubt that Survivor mode is going to be a great deal of fun, the lack of any equivalent for the other two races is a little disappointing. The is particularly true for the predator, seeing as it was playable in the Skirmish mode of the original game. So after putting a bit of thought into it, this is what I came up with:

Name: Right of Passage
Players: Up to three player-controlled predators (otherwise AI controlled).
Enemies: Waves of increasingly difficult aliens, culminating with the queen.

Basically, the gameplay would mimic the premise of the first AvP film. Now hear me out before you start hurling abuse. Each predator player starts out at a different (randomised) entrance in a pyramid similar to that from the first film. Initially they are equipped only with their wrist-blades. As they proceed inside, they encounter waves of aliens with steadily increasing numbers and frequency, and also gain access to higher level weaponry at designated points. What makes it interesting is that the pyramid would rearrange itself every few minutes, making your progress through the pyramid restrictive and chaotic. An unfortunate shift may result in you being trapped in a dead-end for a while, having to fend off the aliens until an alternative path is opened.

An ultimate destination (if one is needed) could be a central arena where the first predator to arrive is able to face-off against the alien queen. This chamber would then be locked to the other players for the duration of the battle, relegated to holding off the aliens in the surrounding corridors. Should he prevail over the alien queen, then the player wins the match. If he should fail, however, the chamber re-opens and other two players are given a chance to take their turns. You could also have it so that, wherever a predator player happens to fall, a predalien is spawned in that location, creating a nasty surprise for anyone who happens to stumble across it later (unless they are defeated in the queen chamber).

If the internal reorganisation of the pyramid were done just right, creating an effectively random path in each subsequent game, you could even get away with having a single map. The result would be a game mode that shares some of the survivalist feeling of the Marine equivalent, but overlays this with a competitive dimension which really suits the predators. Should they meet up during their random progress, players would face the decision to either stick together and help each other reach the central chamber, but thereby run the risk of handing victory to their ally, or else leave them to fend for themselves and run the risk that both of you will be overwhelmed before you ever reach it.

Though I despise the AvP movies' plot, I actually REALLY, REALLY like this idea!

And it suits the Predators nature really well!
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I WOULD PAY 4 THIS SHIT!!!

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Given the positive feedback for the Rite of Passage idea, I'll reapply myself to thinking of an equivalent for the alien too. It's a lot more difficult though...

Namihana

Namihana

Aliens trying to defend their hive and Queen from oncoming waves of Marines, then Synthetics, then maybe throw in a Predator randomly in each wave? Aliens lose when their Queen gets killed, and they win after surviving for an allotted time?

affinity

affinity

They should make all the Marines in the story as playable multiplayer skins.
I'm surprised Tequilla is not a skin.

safetyman

safetyman

I just want them to make good on the PC motion blur setting, the dedicated servers and the pulse rifle muzzle flash fix & whatever else they said would be in by launch, but wasn't.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

Quote from: Huol on Feb 16, 2010, 10:18:00 PM
Movie skins.
Movie maps.

yepp ! Movie maps !

Xhan

Xhan

Movie models.

Custom taunts. 

New finishers.

Fixed Attributes and weapons.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 17, 2010, 10:22:10 AM
Movie models.

Custom taunts. 

New finishers.

Fixed Attributes and weapons.

my wish list orignal skins of dutch and his team from predator
same way for keys and his guys
alien 1 2 the same :) parker ash  ripley hicks hudson drake vazquise gordon all of them :D

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 17, 2010, 10:26:50 AM
alien 1 2 the same :) parker ash  ripley hicks hudson drake vazquise gordon all of them :D
I can tell you right now that, for the human characters, that's never going to happen. Not unless Rebellion have a sizeable budget to throw at all the actors whose likenesses they'd have to use. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to pay some exorbitant price for a DLC skin just to cover the actor's royalties...

Non-human movie skins is an entirely different matter.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 17, 2010, 11:03:51 AM
I can tell you right now that, for the human characters, that's never going to happen. Not unless Rebellion have a sizeable budget to throw at all the actors whose likenesses they'd have to use. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to pay some exorbitant price for a DLC skin just to cover the actor's royalties...

i just thought it could be pretty sweet to be dutch running around get the whole predator feel to it from way back then ^^

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 17, 2010, 11:14:48 AM

i just thought it could be pretty sweet to be dutch running around get the whole predator feel to it from way back then ^^

Movie skins FTW, think how much money they would make!

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Corporal Wilks on Feb 17, 2010, 11:19:30 AM
Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 17, 2010, 11:14:48 AM

Movie skins FTW, think how much money they would make!

i know it would be crazy :D !!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed