Author
DLC Wishlist (Read 45,156 times)

Death+Doom

Death+Doom

The runner is already a skin, it's called warrior dome

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: Brother on Feb 16, 2010, 10:24:05 PM
More maps and weapons. Evac. Lifecycle. And the patch to be ready 'till Friday.

For me too hehe ;D.

However the real situation looks like:

Quote from: x-M-x on Feb 16, 2010, 10:26:47 PM
doubt the game will get a lot of "DLC" might get new skins and maps for a little while then thats it.... only thing that we'll get for (PC USERS) is patchs? and thats it.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Death+Doom on Feb 17, 2010, 01:12:36 AM

Confirmed that domed warrior is just your default alien with a dome.
Its not the dog alien.

EatWheat

EatWheat

Quote from: Peteysodes on Feb 16, 2010, 10:20:21 PM
Quote from: Huol on Feb 16, 2010, 10:18:00 PM
Movie skins.
Movie maps.

Oooh a Dillon skin would be the shit.
^^ This omg yes that is an awesome idea

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Huol on Feb 16, 2010, 10:18:00 PM
Movie skins.
Movie maps.

This, and only this.

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Feb 17, 2010, 01:06:14 AM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 17, 2010, 12:44:40 AM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Feb 17, 2010, 12:32:07 AM
More maps and game modes that are free. FREE.
Single Player "expansions" that cost anywhere from 5-10 bucks.
Lul...I think if anything you've got it backwards.
No one in their right mind would pay for a extra mission or 2. Hell...no dev in their right mind would make more missions.

We are going to have to pay for maps/skins ect. Thats all there is to it.

People paid for Primal Hunt didn't they? People have paid for other expansion packs. Look at Borderlands DLC. They are more so Expansion Packs than DLC.
Expansion packs arent the same as DLC.
Your post implied it would just be basic DLC.
Besides...a expansion needs more than a few missions to justify another 60 bucks.
Such as skins and gametypes, but no sane person would buy missions when they could just watch them on youtube. Missions wont add any replay value the way maps would.

EDIT: Just noticed you did say expansions...my mistake.
Still...I doubt missions could be added to this game even if they wanted to. And really it still applies...people arent going to pay for missions.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: fluxcap on Feb 16, 2010, 11:10:23 PM
Its my understanding that there's only two maps for the Survival mode. More maps would be appreciated and perhaps some more additions to gameplay (like how Nazi Zombies evolved) because from what I'm reading, aside from the charms of being a marine and shooting an alien, its pretty blah. However I haven't played the game at this point.

More multiplayer maps are bound to happen. Movie movie related skins would be awesome, but I think I read in an interview somewhere that there was a rights thing involved and they didn't have access to those characters. I don't know if new maps "inspired" by the films would be an issue; likely.

An extra story chapter for each species would be interesting. F.E.A.R. 2 and Prince Of Persia (and many others I assume) did it with some effectiveness.
I believe they already cconfirmed the first DLC will be survivor maps

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Skins wishlist:

Giger alien
Runner/Dog alien
Predalien

Anytime
Pussyface
P2 Elder

Dutch
Hicks
Ripley

Baasje92

Baasje92

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Feb 17, 2010, 02:19:39 AM
Skins wishlist:

Giger alien
Runner/Dog alien
Predalien

Anytime
Pussyface
P2 Elder

Dutch
Hicks
Ripley
As what i was told Runner is in, It just has another name. I thought i saw it most recent gameplay vids.

afrocat

afrocat

Runner is NOT the warrior dome skin. Just a smooth head alien.
Skins Wishlist:
Predators:
Pussyface
BlackSuperPredator
AncientPredator
Humans:
Movie Skins
Aliens:
Newborn
Runner
Original
Also Id like a major dlc that adds the Predaliens as a fourth Playable race ;)

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Baasje92 on Feb 17, 2010, 02:20:54 AM
Skins wishlist:

Giger alien
Runner/Dog alien
Predalien

Anytime
Pussyface
P2 Elder

Dutch
Hicks
Ripley
As what i was told Runner is in, It just has another name. I thought i saw it most recent gameplay vids.
Na the one you are refering to, warrior domed, is more reminiscent of the aliens in Alien Res and the first AVP movie.

Death+Doom

Death+Doom

Quote from: Huol on Feb 17, 2010, 01:32:38 AM
Quote from: Death+Doom on Feb 17, 2010, 01:12:36 AM

Confirmed that domed warrior is just your default alien with a dome.
Its not the dog alien.
Sorry! Damn, so there really is no runner? well I guess ignorance is bliss.....

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Giger alien

They would have to make a new model to actually do it justice so I doubt they will do it.

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Feb 17, 2010, 03:32:31 AM
Giger alien

They would have to make a new model to actually do it justice so I doubt they will do it.
Just about every skin is a new model in some way.
From the dome, to the rigged, to the praetorian.
Seems like they are pretty capable.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

While I don't doubt that Survivor mode is going to be a great deal of fun, the lack of any equivalent for the other two races is a little disappointing. The is particularly true for the predator, seeing as it was playable in the Skirmish mode of the original game. So after putting a bit of thought into it, this is what I came up with:

Name: Rite of Passage
Players: Up to three player-controlled predators (otherwise AI controlled).
Enemies: Waves of increasingly difficult aliens, culminating with the queen.

Basically, the gameplay would mimic the premise of the first AvP film. Now hear me out before you start hurling abuse. Each predator player starts out at a different (randomised) entrance in a pyramid similar to that from the first film. Initially they are equipped only with their wrist-blades. As they proceed inside, they encounter waves of aliens with steadily increasing numbers and frequency, and also gain access to higher level weaponry at designated points. What makes it interesting is that the pyramid would rearrange itself every few minutes, making your progress through the pyramid restrictive and chaotic. An unfortunate shift may result in you being trapped in a dead-end for a while, having to fend off the aliens until an alternative path is opened.

An ultimate destination (if one is needed) could be a central arena where the first predator to arrive is able to face-off against the alien queen. This chamber would then be locked to the other players for the duration of the battle, relegated to holding off the aliens in the surrounding corridors. Should he prevail over the alien queen, then the player wins the match. If he should fail, however, the chamber re-opens and other two players are given a chance to take their turns. You could also have it so that, wherever a predator player happens to fall, a predalien is spawned in that location, creating a nasty surprise for anyone who happens to stumble across it later (unless they are defeated in the queen chamber).

If the internal reorganisation of the pyramid were done just right, creating an effectively random path in each subsequent game, you could even get away with having a single map. The result would be a game mode that shares some of the survivalist feeling of the Marine equivalent, but overlays this with a competitive dimension which really suits the predators. Should they meet up during their random progress, players would face the decision to either stick together and help each other reach the central chamber, but thereby run the risk of handing victory to their ally, or else leave them to fend for themselves and run the risk that both of you will be overwhelmed before you ever reach it.

UPDATE: Corrected the typo in the name of the game mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed