Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 130,589 times)

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Feb 17, 2010, 03:00:55 AM
No longer like the demo can I change my character from alien, marine, or pred in the lobby. It just randomly puts me with a species. Is this just me, or am I missing something? Thanks

I'm on PC by the way
I've heard of this...
Rebellion better not have done that on purpose thinking it was a good idea.
That will cause the game to flop in and of itself.

MisterGone

MisterGone

Simple as that, I've now been trying to play ANY match for over 2 hours, I've gotten 2 short games in, the rest of the time I've been staring at that bloody facehugger which is quickly becoming one of my most hated sights. Hosting isn't working for Bioshock 2 multiplayer which is crippled by lag, and plagued with long wait times for games, it's only passable for Modern Warfare 2 b/c there are so many people playing you have an ok shot at a decent ping and a quick load time, and worst case scenario host migration saves maybe 1 out of ever 5 games where the host disconnects. 
Basically, if you can't code a multiplayer game for dedicated servers, don't F#!&ing make a multiplayer game. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same excuse for every new game saying "well we only had so many resources and we decided to go with hosting so we could focus on X more..."

I know its a new game, and there probably isn't a huge number of people playing it yet but seriously, as it stands right now I couln't give the game more than a 3.5/10

BTW I'm playing the PS3 version, maybe the 360 or Steam players are actually having fun, I hope somebody is...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

In the single player, I noticed the runner had a ridged head instead of a dome one.  I figured this was just a design choice but when you look at it with the Alien vision in the Predator campaign, it has the dome.
(PS3 version)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I'm playing the PC version, I got everything maxed out with 60 fps gameplay. But something strange happens, all of a sudden the game seems to stutter for about 3 seconds and then it goes back to playing 60 fps :-\

Kind of weird, doesn't happen much but when it does it almost looks like the game crashed and then recovered.

MisterGone

MisterGone

Oh and please please please patch in a damn mute button, I just had to put up with a retard who just made fart noises the entire match and my only recourse was to mute the whole game.

DarkNinja1223

DarkNinja1223

I have xbox 360 version but, from what i heard from a friend you right click the name and select the mute option. Correct me if i am wrng i dont have PC... But im glad youre enjoying the game... I am too :)

PsychoticMarik

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: MisterGone on Feb 17, 2010, 03:31:05 AM
Oh and please please please patch in a damn mute button, I just had to put up with a retard who just made fart noises the entire match and my only recourse was to mute the whole game.
The Rebellion dev confirmed a mute button...you saying your not finding it?
Damn...they had better have one.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Ya there is no mute button, but there is a push to talk.

My game is crashing... A lot... Like after an hour of play it freezes and I have to end the process. It does this in both DX11 and normal mode.

My specs are:

vid: gtx 280 sli
cpu: q9550 ~ 3.85ghz
ram: 4gb ddr3

Anyone else having similar problems? Very glitchy game so far :(

Also, sometimes when I am an alien (in SP) i do a stealth kill and I dont have the pheramone lines (which makes it look awesome) but sometimes it still has the lines. :(

This game is going to HAVE to be patched majorly!

The richest hobo

The richest hobo

Quote from: MisterGone on Feb 17, 2010, 03:08:18 AM
Simple as that, I've now been trying to play ANY match for over 2 hours, I've gotten 2 short games in, the rest of the time I've been staring at that bloody facehugger which is quickly becoming one of my most hated sights.
The same thing is happening to me. Except I'm on the xbox version. Oh well, there's probably just not a lot of people since the game has just been released.

Sithlord715

Sithlord715

Hey guys,

I'm playing the Marine campaign at the moment (PC version). Still on the first mission. However, when I try to go to listen to an audio diary, it won't play it for me! I keep clicking "Play audio diary", but I don't get anything. Am I missing something here?

Any help would be appreciated!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

When a colonost comitted suicide by a pistol to the head, his head flew off with the spine attached.  :D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

For AVP PC owners, if your having any random stuttering issues don't worry, it's not your computer. Many other users are having the same problem and they have insane rigs. Not too sure if it's just a matter of a simple patch to be released later down, heres a thread I found on the issue....
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensvspredatorworkingtitle/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53533609&pid=960624&page=0

shatrack

shatrack

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 17, 2010, 03:54:33 AM
When a colonost comitted suicide by a pistol to the head, his head flew off with the spine attached.  :D

Will just leave this little issue alone, so we can all laugh are asses off when it happens ;D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Ugh... This game really needs host migration.  Good games keep ending.

Big Head Ninja

Big Head Ninja

Looks like Rebellion has a lot of patching to do, I hope I don't run into many PC problems when I pick it up tomorrow :/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed