Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 130,634 times)

Nuke

Nuke

XP GLITCH XP GLITCH XP GLITCH

It's no fun being lvl 30 already... :(

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Game stutters, even at DirectX9. It's not a spec issue -- my rig is good enough. The framerate isn't bad... it just stutters.

Any ideas?

kroenen77

kroenen77

the biggest problem online:

WHEN THE HOST IS LEAVING THE GAME ITS OVER!!!

what a f**** is that? >:(

Alfredtrek88

Alfredtrek88

Playing on the PS3 version and the whole multiplayer needs to be redone. Matchmaking, ranked matches, quick matches, even created matches, the whole thing is just a cluster cheese..!!! Really needs reworking.

Worst joining/create match system I have ever played. This is nuts.

Bleh. :-\

Stalker

Stalker

I've experienced a few annoying bugs on the Xbox 360 version. If I try to play the game while it's installed on my hard drive, it instantly says "This disc is unreadable" & refuses to work entirely, anyone else have a similar problem?

Also, a few times the sound has cut out completely, I've had to turn off my console & restart the game to fix the problem.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 20, 2010, 12:10:46 AM
Game stutters, even at DirectX9. It's not a spec issue -- my rig is good enough. The framerate isn't bad... it just stutters.

Any ideas?

It's a major issue for thousands of people. Official statement of Rebellion for Steam Forums:

QuoteWe are currently investigating this issue, which unfortunately wasn't found during extensive compatibility testing. We believe a few things may be contributing to this:

1) A combination of driver issues and the video memory manager that's used in Vista and Windows 7 under DX10 and 11. We're talking to Nvidia and ATI about this. This may also be responsible for the extreme memory usage that some people are seeing.

2) People using settings that are too high for the amount of VRAM in their video cards. Please note that if you adjust the texture detail settings then you must restart the game for this to take effect. There should be a dialog that advises you of this. Please try using the default Normal setting and seeing if that solves or reduces the problem.

3) The V-Sync and/or Reduce Mouse Lag options. The latter is found under the Controls options menu, not Video. Turning both of these off may help on Nvidia cards. This may be related to the problem described in point 4.xiv in the ReadMe.

As has been noted in this thread, playing the DX9 version instead should also solve this stuttering.

With regards to the low process priority that some people have noticed, this is intentional when you Alt-Tab out of the game, unless you are playing multiplayer. When you Alt-Tab back in, the process priority should return to normal.

QuoteOriginally Posted by StingingVelvet  View Post
Thanks for the informative and personal reply daPING, good luck patching the issue.

What level of texture detail would you advise for a card with 1GB of VRAM? I assumed very high was fine for that level of VRAM, but would you advise another setting?
The best thing we can advise users to do at this point, is to adjust your video settings until the game performance becomes acceptable. Additionally, users can read the Readme file included with the game to see if any other points may be applicable to your setup and if problems still persist, please follow the advice and steps in section 3 of the Readme - "Technical Support".

Future patches and/or Driver releases may improve this issue and we will update you accordingly at that time.

So far they have no idea what the hell is going on. Stuttering is definetly not Your rig related. People with monster-hyper-space-computers experienced stuttering with low settings and at resolution of 640x480 (!!!)

I'm playing only MP right now and stutters appears only in one map, Gateaway, near the gate, when You have this enormous building behind the fence in Your field of view. Stuttering in this place suggest badly optimised code and memory leaks (game can't handle loading of such basic things as skyportals, which are major part of single player campaigns - hence stuttering through the whole SP game).

Stuttering is definetly not spec related issue. For me on highest settings all MP maps work like a charm without any single hiccup. Only SP and gateway, with heavy skyportal use, stutter.

I solved this by simply changing textures from hi to normal, unfortunately. With less data going through VRAM game doesn't goes nuts and badly optimised code don't put CPU usage to 100% (every stutter You experience - Your CPU have total overload for a couple of ms thanks to game engine). However for many people decreasing settings doesn't help at all.

Guess we're waiting for a patch.

Xhan

Xhan

Quotewith heavy skyportal use, stutter.

Portal tidying was my guess as well.

Maphesta

Maphesta

My game crashes when I use the flashlight in DX11.

I have ATI 5870 and all the newest drivers. The game doesn't crash or have any issues when playing Alien or Predator. Also, don't tell me to play the game in DX9 mode because there's a tremble in the screen (like having the herz set wrongly for my LCD) and nothing I can do about it. But, really, even if my DX9 version workes fine.. I want to play this damn game in DX11. It's what I bought it for. It's what you Rebellion guys were promoting during the demo version.

I know there's no fix for this whatever we guys who have this problem do (and there's allot of people with this flashlight problem!!!) so all I'm asking here is: Is Rebellion gonna fix this with a patch and how long do we have to wait for it?

Veritas

Veritas

Saved game data, hotkey configurations, graphics settings and most distressingly, online rank +skin unlocks are being lost and reset to defaults in the PC game.  This is affecting a great many PC users as is evidenced by the pile of threads on the steam forums.  This NEEDS to be fixed, and the lost ranks should be returned, as well as the skin unlocks.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Puks on Feb 19, 2010, 08:26:53 PM
QuoteWhy don't you try to make a perfect avp game if you think they did a shity job on it.

Because I'm not getting paid for it. And Rebellion already made a perfect AvP game eleven years ago.

Why don't you try to open your eyes and admit this game is by far not perfect.

I don't see how someone has to "open up". If they enjoy the game so what. Despite its flaws people have found enjoyment out of it. Sure its not the greatest game ever..but it works and its fun. Rebellion did a good job in producing a avp game true to the liscense. I have a feeling a sequel will be much better..perhaps with patches this version will be more stable.

Predator755

Predator755

My anger is focused mostly on the multiplayer on the 360. It seriously takes 5 to ten minutes to get into any kind of game, which alone is infuriating.
But then you have the fact that the number of players is just weird, fluctuationg from a full group to only a handful. I've never found it so hard to get into a decent match.
I also encountered a lot of lagging and glitching, something extraordinarily rare for me. Very irritating.
Another issue, which at first I thought was just me, is apperently affecting others. I've noticed that when facing off against aliens and using my block as a predator, the alien's light attack cuts right through. Or sometimes when I'm a Marine I try to melee, but I can't because I'm stunned. Yet when I'm on the other side of the exact same situation, my opponent melees and ends up killing me. Whats with the friggen' double standard? It also pissed me off today when I hit an alien 3 times with my blades, and he kills me in a single hit while at full health. It wasn't even the special kill move, but just one quick swipe.

The demo didn't give me a single one of these problems, yet I'm getting heaped up with these. I hope that the delays, glitching, lag, and match setups are fixed, in which case I should be fairly pleased with play. My other grievances, such as my belief that the Predator is underarmed or underpowered, although I won't blame anyone if they dissagree, is something I'm sure I'll simply have to deal with and hope I merely improve in gameplay.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: Maphesta on Feb 20, 2010, 03:15:38 AM
My game crashes when I use the flashlight in DX11.

I have ATI 5870 and all the newest drivers. The game doesn't crash or have any issues when playing Alien or Predator. Also, don't tell me to play the game in DX9 mode because there's a tremble in the screen (like having the herz set wrongly for my LCD) and nothing I can do about it. But, really, even if my DX9 version workes fine.. I want to play this damn game in DX11. It's what I bought it for. It's what you Rebellion guys were promoting during the demo version.

I know there's no fix for this whatever we guys who have this problem do (and there's allot of people with this flashlight problem!!!) so all I'm asking here is: Is Rebellion gonna fix this with a patch and how long do we have to wait for it?
who told you to use dx9?That was a suggestion from the rebellion rep and he wasn't telling you to use dx9

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Hawkins on Feb 19, 2010, 08:58:49 PM
then quit bitchen or do something about it and try and get employed by them.

People, can we tone down the personal attacks, please? I know these things get heated, but telling someone with legitimate criticisms about the product, that the solution is for them to somehow go and get employed in making one, is a tad ridiculous... :)

That's like saying that if you disagree with what your local politician is doing, you need to go and form your own party.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Sorry I apologize for that and will watch what I say just got a bit annoyed on how every post he seems to be posting a complaint about the game and then blaming them when its not their fault and they even posted about it here or he just bashes it.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: vehtam on Feb 20, 2010, 02:25:25 AM
Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 20, 2010, 12:10:46 AM

Any ideas?

It's a major issue for thousands of people. Official statement of Rebellion for Steam Forums:

QuoteWe are currently investigating this issue, which unfortunately wasn't found during extensive compatibility testing. We believe a few things may be contributing to this:

1) A combination of driver issues and the video memory manager that's used in Vista and Windows 7 under DX10 and 11. We're talking to Nvidia and ATI about this. This may also be responsible for the extreme memory usage that some people are seeing.

2) People using settings that are too high for the amount of VRAM in their video cards. Please note that if you adjust the texture detail settings then you must restart the game for this to take effect. There should be a dialog that advises you of this. Please try using the default Normal setting and seeing if that solves or reduces the problem.

3) The V-Sync and/or Reduce Mouse Lag options. The latter is found under the Controls options menu, not Video. Turning both of these off may help on Nvidia cards. This may be related to the problem described in point 4.xiv in the ReadMe.

As has been noted in this thread, playing the DX9 version instead should also solve this stuttering.

With regards to the low process priority that some people have noticed, this is intentional when you Alt-Tab out of the game, unless you are playing multiplayer. When you Alt-Tab back in, the process priority should return to normal.

QuoteOriginally Posted by StingingVelvet  View Post
Thanks for the informative and personal reply daPING, good luck patching the issue.

What level of texture detail would you advise for a card with 1GB of VRAM? I assumed very high was fine for that level of VRAM, but would you advise another setting?
The best thing we can advise users to do at this point, is to adjust your video settings until the game performance becomes acceptable. Additionally, users can read the Readme file included with the game to see if any other points may be applicable to your setup and if problems still persist, please follow the advice and steps in section 3 of the Readme - "Technical Support".

Future patches and/or Driver releases may improve this issue and we will update you accordingly at that time.

So far they have no idea what the hell is going on. Stuttering is definetly not Your rig related. People with monster-hyper-space-computers experienced stuttering with low settings and at resolution of 640x480 (!!!)

I'm playing only MP right now and stutters appears only in one map, Gateaway, near the gate, when You have this enormous building behind the fence in Your field of view. Stuttering in this place suggest badly optimised code and memory leaks (game can't handle loading of such basic things as skyportals, which are major part of single player campaigns - hence stuttering through the whole SP game).

Stuttering is definetly not spec related issue. For me on highest settings all MP maps work like a charm without any single hiccup. Only SP and gateway, with heavy skyportal use, stutter.

I solved this by simply changing textures from hi to normal, unfortunately. With less data going through VRAM game doesn't goes nuts and badly optimised code don't put CPU usage to 100% (every stutter You experience - Your CPU have total overload for a couple of ms thanks to game engine). However for many people decreasing settings doesn't help at all.

Guess we're waiting for a patch.

Yeah, I temporarily fixed it by lowering my textures to medium and changing my resolution to something a tad lower. It's playable, without stuttering, but now the sound cuts out during cutscenes... woops, immersion goes out of the window.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed