Ok, I am new.

Started by Abhunter, Feb 16, 2010, 06:12:28 AM

Author
Ok, I am new. (Read 4,086 times)

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Hell, if I thought of a random movie and i couldnt get a few questions out of my head; i'd probably find a forum that would know. And we certainly know Alien here, so if anything I'm happy he's asking, maybe he'll go back to watch them agian.

And the remark about avp being good. If he knows nothing about alien or predator the movie wouldn't be so bad. He doesn't know the alien and predators look AWFUL when compared to the original movies. He doesnt know how lame the predator team up with the chick was because I doubt he knows anything about predator culture from the comics and books.

I don't agree with the OP, but I know where hes coming from. So thanks for the questions!

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

I figured I might as well answer the questions in my own opinion.

Quote from: Abhunter on Feb 16, 2010, 06:12:28 AM

Aliens Vs Predator didn't have a ton of gore, but the Aliens looked cunning and sleek in it, while the Alien in the origional, was unscarry, and at times, confused me.

AvP didn't have any gore because they made it PG 13 to get more people to buy their tickets. (i know, lets mix a rated R movie with another rated R movie and get pg-13?).

for the second part, i disagree. The aliens in AvP looked cheap. The mouth looks awful, especially from the side. The head (although better than the avp:r aliens) is bland and has none of the detail of the original giger alien. Actually the all the AvP creatures looked awful; the whole body of the alien was a nasty blackish metal color with no detail in the body or head at all. And the predators were this nasty silver color, and their faces were just all wrong.

You should look up pictures of the original Giger 1979 alien on the set (behind the scenes) so you can really see the detail. The skull was made of actual human bone (skull and spine i believe), and it has a slightly see through dome which barely showed eye sockets which gave it a horrifying look. Also the body is so well scultped, and it has so many tubes and different biomechanical aspects to it. It really was the perfect organism.  ;)

And about the movie being confusing? Well... I don't know what parts are confusing. Maybe the parts that are suppose to be a mystery are confusing you. A lot of the movie is up to the viewers imagination to fill in the blanks; it adds to the suspense and horror of the Alien.

Infact, some of that whole movie confused me. Like, How she knew he was a synthetic? Was it because he was talking to "Mother?" and is mother like a skynet kind of AI? Does it believe and understand on its own or is it simply a computer program to run the ship and get data?

Well they never found out ash was a "god damned robot!" until the attack. And it seems you think they attacked ash first. It was definately Ash who attacked ripley because he thought she was a thread/malfunctoning. (oh those older buggy models  :P)

Also, What the hell was the thing where they first found the aliens, it was like GIANTS sitting in what I have been told was a giant microscope?

This (as well as the whole derelict ship) is another amazing piece of art by HR Giger. It is called the space jockey. It completely unknown what they really are besides: 1. That the space jockey was one of the crew members on the derelict ship. 2. It had been there so long it fossilized. 3. It was killed by a chest burster but before it died it sent out an SOS telling people not to come to lv-426 due to the Alien. (which is ironic because that signal is the excuse for the nostromo landing on lv-426). 4. It might have made the Alien, the alien does look part machine and similar to the derelict ship design; we do know that the Space Jockey was for sure harvesting the Aliens for some purpose. We just don't know what.

If you have any other questions I'd love to answer them for you!

Abhunter

Abhunter

I have never read the comics or litterature, but I have seen both predators, and while the whole predator love story thing was kinda gay, The predator itself looked amazing. I loved its mask. I loved its extended blades. I am going back to watch "Aliens" and "Alien 3" because I dont remember much of them.

SM

SM

QuoteIt was killed by a chest burster but before it died it sent out an SOS telling people not to come to lv-426 due to the Alien. (which is ironic because that signal is the excuse for the nostromo landing on lv-426).

Wasn't an SOS.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, kind of the opposite lol.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Abhunter on Feb 17, 2010, 10:25:14 PM
I have never read the comics or litterature, but I have seen both predators, and while the whole predator love story thing was kinda gay, The predator itself looked amazing. I loved its mask. I loved its extended blades. I am going back to watch "Aliens" and "Alien 3" because I dont remember much of them.

Christ i hope you didn't just refer to AVP as "both predators".

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2010, 01:10:47 AM
QuoteIt was killed by a chest burster but before it died it sent out an SOS telling people not to come to lv-426 due to the Alien. (which is ironic because that signal is the excuse for the nostromo landing on lv-426).

Wasn't an SOS.

Sorry meant to say warning; the nostromo crew THOUGHT it was an SOS.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Peteysodes on Feb 18, 2010, 05:23:30 PM
Christ i hope you didn't just refer to AVP as "both predators".
I think he did :-\

SM

SM

Close enough...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Vemados

Vemados

Ripley wept.

Puks

Puks

Wow, I nominate the guy for greatest failure on this forum ever.

bergmann88

bergmann88

This is a lot of fun..... thank you guys..

Abhunter

Abhunter

no, I have seen Predator 1, and Predator 2, along with AVP and AVP:R

I know that you guys arent big fans of AVP around here, but I thought they did some cool stuff, like the Predator Mask for the main pred in AVP (someone told me it was in Predator 2 aswell, as one of the preds that uncloaks in the ship though?) and the Shuriken disk blade thing, along with the extended wrist blades. Some of the weapons they showcased where good.

SiL

SiL

Quotelike the Predator Mask for the main pred in AVP (someone told me it was in Predator 2 aswell, as one of the preds that uncloaks in the ship though?)
The mask for the main Predator is based on the mask of the original Predator.

The guy with the funky mask (Called 'Celtic' by the film's crew) was never the "main" Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed