Cloverfield

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jul 03, 2007, 08:41:12 PM

Author
Cloverfield (Read 194,494 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ive got ideas for at least 2 cloverfield Universe films. its a series with boundless opportunites. Hopefully JJ doesn't screw the pooch

howard.moody.566

howard.moody.566

So Overlord is going to be Nazis and the supernatural Sounds like another premade film with Cloverfield shoehorned in.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That is the plan. To look for movies that are well made but for whatever reason are sitting on the shelf collecting dust. 10 Cloverfield Lane happened because after most of it was filmed they really didn't know what to do with it and JJ thought it could fit into the Cloverfield universe and made it happen. To be honest I think it is a good idea even if most of the Cloverfield aspect is being shoehorned in. Eventually it will lead to a straight up Cloverfield film.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2018, 03:40:32 PM
I'd say four of infinite potential outcomes.

Paradox Earth A - Particle accelerator causes ripple effect, sending various horrors to various Earths across the multiverse

We saw the main Paradox Earth, the second Earth in Paradox, the 2008 monster attack Earth, and the 2016 alien invasion Earth.

Basically TCP was an excuse to set up a "world" where anything can happen and they can just write it off as an alternate reality... which is pretty much what 10CL implied with its treatment of the Cloverfield brand as a sort of Twilight Zone moniker.

TCP was far and away the worst of the three, but there is some schlocky fun to be had in it. Cloverfield (2008) is a pretty ok movie that really does make the most of its format. 10CL is definitely my favorite of the lot, standing perfectly on its own and just being a damn tense, well acted, contained little thriller with a lot of heart to it.

All those theories have merit imo. Which retcon to choose?

I watched the Red Letter Media review of TCP (see below) which covered most of the things you mentioned.

;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hopefully this war film with supernatural elements can give us something really interesting like this short movie by Oats Studios

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

"10 Cloverfield Lane" alternate ending (fan edit)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DC0wZrCVKD0

Sabby

Sabby

I love fan edits. I'd love to see a Phantom Edit style working of the Cloverfield Trilogy into one coherent film.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But they're all about different incidents in different time periods in different realities. There is literally nothing coherent about them.

Huggs

Huggs

Man, little did I know how eclectic this thing would become back when the first movie came out. I hope someday we get a true sequel to the first film. Something where clover is the focus again. No handheld cams, just a straight up monster movie like Godzilla.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2018, 11:26:47 PM
But they're all about different incidents in different time periods in different realities. There is literally nothing coherent about them.

Hey, someone made the Prequels into one good movie, you can bullshit anything. I think someone was even doing something similar with Prometheus and Alien.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They all have monster attacks and take place on Earth. It's pretty coherent considering the gates of hell were opened.

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed