TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,313 times)

molasar

Kradan

Kradan

Finally going to watch it with my dad tonight. And it's day before my birthday, Wish me luck .

StrangeShape

molasar

molasar

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

I'm really looking forward to watching Dark Fate..........when it eventually shows up on the Bacteria Channel.

razeak

razeak

I wish i has the picture of fhe whiteboard me and a few friends used to diagram the Terminator paradoxes. It was epic.

It started.with me asking who fathered the original John Connor.

Kradan

Kradan

Finally watched it last night.

My expectations weren't high - I just wanted to be entertained for 2 hours . I enjoyed it pretty much. I liked that movie took more serious, more darker aproach than 3 and Genysis .

Spoiler
It seems to me many were very unpleased with the beginning of the movie but I really like that it started with death of Connor (and I have no problem with CGI in that scene ).Then again I like the beginning of Alien 3. I really dig the idea of Carl  and like they make a new spin on idea of " friendly Terminator with Arnie face " . I like the idea that Sarah was forced to be allie with murderer of her son . I was quite surprised they weren't throwing Arnold at me from the beginning. It didn't feel like " Look, it's Arnie ! It's really him ! Look, look, he's gonna say his quote ! " And I think he even never said his " I'll be back " (OK, Sarah did but I don't care)

Future war flashbacks were ok.  The main villain too .

Oh, and openning with imagery of Sarah in asylum from T2 was cool too

Ending was a bit too sugar-filled and reminded me of that cut ending from T2 with old Sarah
[close]

6,5-7 / 10 for me . And they really should stop there .

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Nov 16, 2019, 04:22:47 AM
I wish i has the picture of fhe whiteboard me and a few friends used to diagram the Terminator paradoxes. It was epic.

I think that's the common mistake that occurs with the time loop paradigm, to look at it linearly.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 16, 2019, 12:08:56 PM

I think that's the common mistake that occurs with the time loop paradigm, to look at it linearly.

Yep.  I subscribe to the notion that there was no "original" John Connor before Reese came back in time.  Just like there was no Skynet before Cyberdyne found the remains of the first T-800.

Master

Master

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2019, 06:21:42 PM

Yep.  I subscribe to the notion that there was no "original" John Connor before Reese came back in time.  Just like there was no Skynet before Cyberdyne found the remains of the first T-800.

And like there was no Judgement Day before T-X  didn't manage to activate prototype robot army and ... oh wait!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I disregard everything after T2 as irrelevant.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2019, 06:21:42 PM

Right on. The Terminator base timeline is a perfect non-linear time loop paradigm where what happened in the past and what happened in the future has always happened simultaneously and no matter how these characters including Skynet feel they can change fate, they are just pawns playing into the hands of fate. 

Though, to be honest, I must admit I feel even T2 kind of f*cked it up and went off the rails with introducing branching timelines into the mix. T2 is still a great movie though. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I only just remembered this, but the blurb on T2 (it's only given half a page, sadly) in the old edition of the 1001 Movies to See Before You Die that I have says that John Connor was "Michael Biehn's character from the original movie." Oops. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed