TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,434 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: csutkakoma on Jul 18, 2019, 05:29:38 PM
Well that sucks big time. Basically they destroyed everything I loved as a child.

Follow any franchise long enough and you'll see it destroyed. Very few end well.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: bobby brown on Jul 18, 2019, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: csutkakoma on Jul 18, 2019, 05:29:38 PM
Well that sucks big time. Basically they destroyed everything I loved as a child.

How? are they coming by your house and smashing your DVDs?

Get real dude. If you don't like the new movie just ignore it.

Dude do you even get what I am talking about? It looks like no.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Call me crazy but I'm just excited that we're getting a Terminator movie that has aspirations of actually being a movie that stands on it's own two feet, commenting on AI and its place in the modern world, and telling a damn story that looks ahead rather than just doing what the last three did and riffing on Cameron's films in such utterly stale, lifeless ways.

If it has to piss some fans off to do that, whatever. And if its bad, well, at least I can say it tried. No matter what happens, I'll always have the first two movies.

I respect the Alien movies so much because even when they falter, they all represent someone's vision, someone's voice, trying to do something creative with the universe they're playing in. Not a single Terminator movie post-T2 has had that sort of ambition until now.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2019, 07:43:22 PM
I respect the Alien movies so much because even when they falter, they all represent someone's vision, someone's voice, trying to do something creative with the universe they're playing in. Not a single Terminator movie post-T2 has had that sort of ambition until now.

Yeah, that's why I can live with Resurrection and Prometheus being part of franchise.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Guess Eddie Furlong's return in Dark Fate confirms what i wrote earlier today...

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The post-SDCC Q&A with Miller and the cast can be watched here. Skip to 1:55:54 to see the featurette (including new footage) that was originally screened earlier today at Comic Con.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the whole SDCC panel itself has been uploaded here. Gonna have to give that a watch in a bit.

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The robots in the Future War (?) snippet look odd, almost like something out of The Matrix.

Crossing my fingers for some pink lasers.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2019, 07:43:22 PM

The Terminator looped universe is a harder sandbox to play in than Alien, and Genisys had plenty of ambition.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jul 18, 2019, 09:27:10 PM
Guess Eddie Furlong's return in Dark Fate confirms what i wrote earlier today...

Think Sarah Connor's comment to "Carl" is a bit of a giveaway.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 19, 2019, 04:52:25 AM
Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jul 18, 2019, 09:27:10 PM

Think Sarah Connor's comment to "Carl" is a bit of a giveaway.
Maybe she just believes that he died. What if she fled because of police arriving at the scene and John was treated at a hospital and after that was taken in by another family or ended up in an orphanage.

Could be that they used another less gory take of the scene of Carl's attack for the end version, in which he survived, after the shitstorm.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If we're going to talk leaks, can we please use spoiler tags? ::)

Anyways, whatever they do, for better or worse I hope they don't change things based on audience reactions to leaks. Let them commit to making the movie that they set out to make.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 19, 2019, 02:25:19 PM

Anyways, whatever they do, for better or worse I hope they don't change things based on audience reactions to leaks. Let them commit to making the movie that they set out to make.

Exactly. It always gets worse.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Okay. So one thing I cannot get my head around about T:DF...

Spoiler
John Connor is dead. Skynet is dead and will never exist. EXCEPT... all the T-800 that killed him has to do is to make sure someone at Cyberdyne finds its arm somewhere. That's it. It literally possesses the exact same thing(s) that got melted in the steel and could make sure that Skynet would still exist. Why the hell doesn't the T-800 have some sort of directive to ensure Skynet's existence??? That's literally the whole point to coming back in time. To eliminate the leader of the resistance and ensure the success of Skynet.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed