Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 172,287 times)

Tyranix

To add to that suggestion. It might be asking alot, but in the current AvP Games, they ended up lasting vastly long, like a match could last half an hour, but you could leave mid-match, np. Why not add something like this, so joining mid-match would be no problem, and when people leave, they take the score/exp they got in match with them, leaving only the people who last til the end with any bonuses.

That leads me to a question. How does exp work in ranked matches? sometimes players have fewer kills than I, but they have more exp, I understand stealth kills give more, but sometimes they're marine players.

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Tyranix on Feb 21, 2010, 09:39:04 PM
To add to that suggestion. It might be asking alot, but in the current AvP Games, they ended up lasting vastly long, like a match could last half an hour, but you could leave mid-match, np. Why not add something like this, so joining mid-match would be no problem, and when people leave, they take the score/exp they got in match with them, leaving only the people who last til the end with any bonuses.

That leads me to a question. How does exp work in ranked matches? sometimes players have fewer kills than I, but they have more exp, I understand stealth kills give more, but sometimes they're marine players.

You get more XP for kill streaks, too. So if you die less? More XP for you.

thrown_hammer

we are having ALOT of issues with matchmaking on the PS3 version. Any plans to get this straightened out? I have been on all day today and haven't played a full online game.

Also can we get it fixed so you just go out to the lobby instead of all the way back out into our groups?

When I do get in a game it is fantastic! but please patch this soon.

kewhite

Hello again rebellion!

Team killing is a bit of a problem in some game modes, especially predator hunt. Kids will kill you if you have a weapon they want, or kill you if you have the smartgun so you wont win. Its unfortunate for people who really just want to play the game. I know they lose points, but thats not enough. some kids dont care, and many people just want to play for fun without being annihilated by teammates. are you aware of this going on and do you have any plans to combat the problem besides the loss in points? example: voting, or turning it off in ranked or player? it really sucks when kids abuse it :(

Nickgazord

Quote from: Specter060 on Feb 20, 2010, 01:17:04 AM
Hey Eric,

First I'd like to say I have played both AVP 1 and 2 and I have to say this one is hands down my favorite. You guys really pulled it off.

I'd like to suggest a game mode that one of the members of this forum came up with. I'm sure you guys aren't short of awesome ideas, but it would be nice to see among the list of awesome game modes.

Author: The Necronoir (this guy's a genious)
Name: Rite of Passage
Players: Up to three player-controlled predators (otherwise AI controlled).
Enemies: Waves of increasingly difficult aliens, culminating with the queen.

Basically, the gameplay would mimic the premise of the first AvP film. Now hear me out before you start hurling abuse. Each predator player starts out at a different (randomised) entrance in a pyramid similar to that from the first film. Initially they are equipped only with their wrist-blades. As they proceed inside, they encounter waves of aliens with steadily increasing numbers and frequency, and also gain access to higher level weaponry at designated points. What makes it interesting is that the pyramid would rearrange itself every few minutes, making your progress through the pyramid restrictive and chaotic. An unfortunate shift may result in you being trapped in a dead-end for a while, having to fend off the aliens until an alternative path is opened.

An ultimate destination (if one is needed) could be a central arena where the first predator to arrive is able to face-off against the alien queen. This chamber would then be locked to the other players for the duration of the battle, relegated to holding off the aliens in the surrounding corridors. Should he prevail over the alien queen, then the player wins the match. If he should fail, however, the chamber re-opens and other two players are given a chance to take their turns. You could also have it so that, wherever a predator player happens to fall, a predalien is spawned in that location, creating a nasty surprise for anyone who happens to stumble across it later (unless they are defeated in the queen chamber).

If the internal reorganisation of the pyramid were done just right, creating an effectively random path in each subsequent game, you could even get away with having a single map. The result would be a game mode that shares some of the survivalist feeling of the Marine equivalent, but overlays this with a competitive dimension which really suits the predators. Should they meet up during their random progress, players would face the decision to either stick together and help each other reach the central chamber, but thereby run the risk of handing victory to their ally, or else leave them to fend for themselves and run the risk that both of you will be overwhelmed before you ever reach it.
I reallly like this idea i was a fan of the idea of the first avp just not the way it was executed and this game mode would probably be my favorite.

cabbageheat

Good ideas, but, I think this may be a waste of time for you guys.  Rebellion isn't going to take these ideas.  They cannot cherry pick "ideas" off a forum and suddenly implement them.  I think "hey I got an idea for a mode or level" should be a whole other thread.

Back to topic:

1.  Why are we forced to go back into the main menu lobby, right after a multiplayer match, each...and every time?  Very frustrating, and time consuming.  Will this be fixed or changed?

Inferno

Inferno

i say remove motion tracker and smart gun for Predator Hunt.

it would be way more intense and you would actually have to keep your eyes peeled and shoot wildly if u saw something.

-If he uses a ranged weapon you see the targeting laser (you know his location)
-If he uses a combistick, super hard to hit someone with that from a distance, unless ur   standing still.
-If he does melee on you, if your with a buddy, your buddy will be sure to kill him, its quite easy.
-The pred hardly is able to score kills also the fact that the motion tracker is not active, will ilicit the predator to be more sneaky and try to take your back, sure you will be killed but im sure the pred will go down 2, during the stealth kill animation.

The pred players do not score high enough until they die. 1 or 2 frags and your dead, for the average anyway. As a marine you should feel scared that your about to get skewered. I bet no marine playing hunt gets that feeling, they are just waiting to spray when the smartgunner starts shooting.

Could this idea be implemented?

The Necronoir

Quote from: cabbageheat on Feb 22, 2010, 01:18:11 AM
Good ideas, but, I think this may be a waste of time for you guys.  Rebellion isn't going to take these ideas.  They cannot cherry pick "ideas" off a forum and suddenly implement them.  I think "hey I got an idea for a mode or level" should be a whole other thread.

I'm pretty sure they can, considering they have licensed the intellectual rights of these franchises. It's not like I could claim intellectual theft if they chose to implement my idea, even if I was inclined to. The concept is very clearly based on major conceptual set-pieces from the original film, such that if I tried to develop the idea myself, FOX would be well within their rights to shut me down.

As such, I don't think it's really a matter of whether or not Rebellion can, but whether they will.

GrimGunner

Quote from: Tyranix on Feb 21, 2010, 09:39:04 PM

I agree I was in 3 matches today where one game I was the only marine left going against a 3 man team and a another 2 man.  Started off with 3 each but people left. I don't even play the ranked anymore I tried a few times but that matchmaking system is awful. I'm sorry but as a long time PC gamer there are much better setups I have seen throughout the years. I really do hope a better one comes out, it is vey frustrating finding a game and being able to stay in it, not to mention the whole getting thrown back to the main menu, takes so much away from the game.

Fleshman

Hello Rebellion and thank you for a Marvellous game, just when I thought games had become bland and generic you come out with this and did it complete justice, I wish I worked for you guys. :)

My questions are:

1. Splitscreen Multiplayer or Co-Op mode is there any chance of this being in DLC?

2. Will any female Marines be added as future skins for DLC? Maybe Tequila, or some new ones OR a Female Predator maybe?

3. Loved the character building with Tequila, and was really devastated with what happened storywise but was relieved with the outcome, the journey with her in the Marine campaign was awesome. Is there any chance of more Stages or even an AvP2?

Reason I bring up Splitscreen me and my friends were really disappointed with this not being included, being all time Aliens fans we were looking forward to some co-op and multiplayer madness with having all the guys around but were shocked to see it's only Online Multiplayer.

I think some female skins would be cute. Even maybe a female Predator? You guys could be the first to do it.

Thanks for your time, I hope you see this message I know the game is out now so don't know if you'll be responding any more, but thanks for a Brilliant game.

Peace!

redxavier

Earlier I commented about the inefficient matchmaking system, but I notice that the player match system is actually far superior to that of the ranked match, with you remaining in the lobby after each game. This cuts down time spent searching significantly.

Is it possible to implement a lobby for ranked matches?

On another note, I've been having an absolute blast playing the Pyramid level of the predator campaign, where you can essentially battle it out with wave after wave of limitless aliens (that is, until you pull the switches) with the full bag of goodies at your disposal.  It makes me really want a survivor mode for the Predators where I can play with friends. I can imagine it being relatively easy to implement, since there are several already created areas in the SP levels that would be perfect for the mode.

Was there a particular reason why a Predator Survivor mode was implemented at first? Can we get this as DLC?

Steve C

I would just like to know what the plans are for getting dedicated servers up.  I'm somewhat baffled that they're not up yet.

LogansFolly

Quote from: redxavier on Feb 22, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Earlier I commented about the inefficient matchmaking system, but I notice that the player match system is actually far superior to that of the ranked match, with you remaining in the lobby after each game. This cuts down time spent searching significantly.

Is it possible to implement a lobby for ranked matches?

On another note, I've been having an absolute blast playing the Pyramid level of the predator campaign, where you can essentially battle it out with wave after wave of limitless aliens (that is, until you pull the switches) with the full bag of goodies at your disposal.  It makes me really want a survivor mode for the Predators where I can play with friends. I can imagine it being relatively easy to implement, since there are several already created areas in the SP levels that would be perfect for the mode.

Was there a particular reason why a Predator Survivor mode was implemented at first? Can we get this as DLC?

Good questions i would like to see answerd without typeing them all out again!!!

DoomRulz

Quote from: Fleshman on Feb 22, 2010, 12:24:31 PM
1. Splitscreen Multiplayer or Co-Op mode is there any chance of this being in DLC?

You can't add that via DLC. It has to be engineered by the developers.

Inferno

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 22, 2010, 04:14:02 PM
Quote from: Fleshman on Feb 22, 2010, 12:24:31 PM

You can't add that via DLC. It has to be engineered by the developers.

patches?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed