Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 172,871 times)

Sso02V

It's all kinds of devious fun to smash the lights in multiplayer, but going around to all of them can get a bit tedious, especially when after all of your hard work, nobody even comes into that area. Do any levels have a centralized power generator that can be damaged to temporarily disable all lights (maybe even Predator power stations) simultaneously? If not, is that something that could possibly work in DLC?

Fruitcake

Quote from: Sso02V on Feb 13, 2010, 09:42:33 AM
It's all kinds of devious fun to smash the lights in multiplayer, but going around to all of them can get a bit tedious, especially when after all of your hard work, nobody even comes into that area. Do any levels have a centralized power generator that can be damaged to temporarily disable all lights (maybe even Predator power stations) simultaneously? If not, is that something that could possibly work in DLC?

Could be really cool, like in the second movie, Aliens. Especially in species deathmatch. Maybe just for 30sec or something, maybe even less, but would be so fun to chase marines around in total darkness. 30sec of mayhem and bloodshed :) I would probably also do it as predator, if possible hehe. Or maybe it really just should be restricted to alien use only :)

Sbm76

Sbm76

Sounds like a cool idea for DLC, a bit like a variant of domination. Aliens destroy the power generator, and marines have to repair it to get light back.

Chaos Lord

Hey i was wondering if the predator could use health shards in multi-player, like it says it does in singleplayer.
I'm sure it would make alot of us Preds happy from always having to recharge because healing uses so much energy like 6 or 7 bars and the shoulder cannon uses like 3 or 4 energy bars. And noone ever uses the shoulder cannon without locking on unless there new to the game and are trying figure out how to use the shoulder cannon properly. And maybe also increase shoulder cannon projectile speed a little bit more, seems kinda slow from a distance.

FrankO

Quote from: Inferno on Feb 13, 2010, 01:35:01 AM

3. As for the predator overwhelming talk, I mostly play predator and its not easy being the Pred. The power makes the alien player be more stealthy because we are all tired of how much of a stupid bug it is.

A stupid bug?  Really?  Sorry, I have asked my question earlier, so I understand that this message may be moderated because it does not add to the topic - But this IS an ALIEN and predator website.  That is a terribly stupid statement.  Whether you agree or disagree with any balancing issues mentioned by anyone, maybe respect the title characters?

Redskins

In the demo, you are not allowed to join games in progress (Played on the PC). Why is this? Will you be able to in the full game? If not, then why?

S.Y.L

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 13, 2010, 01:22:49 AM
Yeah, different model textures. I would imagine it isn't a simple thing to do, just wondering if there may be more skins available for DLC in the future (like the Gamestop pre-order ones). Its really a silly question, as I expect the answer at the moment couldn't really be any better than a "maybe." Just curious  :-\

i honestly don`t know i`m afraid. i`d guess there will be skins for DLC, it certainly seems like something obvious to offer.

Fruitcake

Will you be able to mute players ingame and in the lobby!? Or at least add a button to speak, so people wont hear everything you do or say?

Eidotemit

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 13, 2010, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 13, 2010, 01:22:49 AM
Yeah, different model textures. I would imagine it isn't a simple thing to do, just wondering if there may be more skins available for DLC in the future (like the Gamestop pre-order ones). Its really a silly question, as I expect the answer at the moment couldn't really be any better than a "maybe." Just curious  :-\

i honestly don`t know i`m afraid. i`d guess there will be skins for DLC, it certainly seems like something obvious to offer.

Yeah, like I said, its a silly question to ask really.

JediMasterGabe

My questions is will there be host migration in case the host leaves the game?

And also if the game gets ended early will your XP and stats from that game be saved?

Thanks for answering our questions

Luftkampf

Hi ya all.
I generally play only simulations,and i must say that this is the only fps game that im actualy excited about(almost like i was awaiting sh3 or il2).I think that this is going to be one of the better releases in a last few years.That being said i have few minor objections(well one actualy).I just think that the hud is a little overcrowded with objetive marker on the screen all the time in a single player.Generaly i think less hud equals more immersion.Same goes for crouching,aiming down the sight,or alien hissing;they dont do anything exept immerse u even more in to the game.
Just my two cents

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Sbm76 on Feb 13, 2010, 01:26:13 PM

Sounds like a cool idea for DLC, a bit like a variant of domination. Aliens destroy the power generator, and marines have to repair it to get light back.
Yeah, and the Marines would need the power back on so they can EVAC. That'd be an epic experience! EVAC mode should be brought back with today's technological goodness. lol Also, the Alien Life Cycle option (with a few tweaks). ;)

Tyranix

I just thought of another question:

For the different team based modes, will the voice chat still be map wide where everyone can here, or will the team be able to have their private channel so they can suggest tactics or call out positions of not so visible targets

Dusk

Dusk

Another question.

Why did you decide to give the Predators two pairs of wristblades, instead of the classic setup of carrying one pair of wristblades on one arm?

And what are the chances of ever seeing the single pair of Wristblades return, be it DLC or sequel from you?

The Demon

How do you unlock skins?
(since it was so hard to answer my original question)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed