Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,653 times)

visagepoissons

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Feb 11, 2010, 05:21:09 AM
This is cool. I too would like to know if it is possible to just hold down a button to wall crawl. Having it on AUTO makes things ALOT harder than they have to be. So my question is "Is there any way to turn AUTO wall crawl off" or "is there a possibility that there can be an update o do so?" Thanks.
We already have that... Hold down the middle mouse button with auto transition off. Let go to stop wall auto transitioning and tap to drop back down.

affinity

affinity

Quote from: Spectre on Feb 11, 2010, 04:40:42 AM

Quote from: spacebug on Feb 11, 2010, 03:22:49 AM
Are there female marine skins for multiplayer?

Someone already mentioned they've seen one. Possibly more than one.

only one female skin is what I heard...
[/quote]

this makes me wonder, why don't they just make all of the Marine skins/models used in the story as playable/chooseable skins in the multiplayer?  What about Tequila, and those guys in the dropship during the Marine story intro?    I'm sure there are more than 8 Marine skins used in the story.  Well I'm not complaining about the 7-8 Marine skins we're getting, I already have the game pre-ordered for the extra 3 skins (Alien, Predator and Marine), just wondering if they might expand the skins through DLC, though I think they all should already be on the disk.   But as for DLC maps, yeah, that's important
cause of course maps are the lifeblood of Multiplayer variety.   But Skins is an awesome feature too.  All games should have that feature,  even if there is no customization like Rainbow Six Vegas,  Skin selection is still a form of cool custom selection.

Timesplitters games offer skins of all models used in the story.   That's the only FPS series I know that does that.    And maybe Perfect Dark, but it's been awhile.   I'm not saying it's easy,

but I would imagine it's perfectly doable applying the story Marine skins into multiplayer, compared to creating new skins from scratch.

which brings me to another question, what has Rebellion done with the other Marine skins?  Are they going to be added to multiplayer in the future?  How many Marines skins are there total used in the story?

AJL

Is there a way to mute mics in the full game ?

Omega1

Omega1

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to answer some of our questions Eric.

Just a few questions I know myself and a few others would like a bit of clarification on:

1. Crouch
In the demo it wasn't really all important missing, deathmatch being the only gamemode and all, however it is really something I would like have for single player and other additional multiplayer modes for the full game (especially for the Predator who uses mostly stealth which would make sense for him to use crouch quite a bit).

2. Predalien
I know the Predalien is in the game as some sort of boss, however it would really be missed if one couldn't choose it at least as a skin for the aliens in multiplayer. Any chance this could happen in a patch or DLC?

3. Flamethrower
This weapon is surprisingly weak in the demo and it would be nice to know if the devs have put any thought into tweaking the damage ratio for the final release.

Would appreciate if you could shed some light on any of these questions.

Serial

Quote from: AJL on Feb 11, 2010, 06:53:00 AM
Is there a way to mute mics in the full game ?

This.

Also, are there plans to make the current preorder skins be available as purchasable DLC later?

private pyle

Eric Id like to take this time to welcome you to the cummunity, and to just say to you and all those at Rebellion, thank you. Thank you for this game and I, for one, reallly love it, and have no huge complaints that keep me  form enjoying the awesume-sauce that you guys have created. Granted Ive only played the demo but im confident this one is going to be a winner for you guys.

Keep up the good work!

...now reward me for my brown-nosing with lots of DLC... just kidding  :P...maybe...

Space Sweeper

Hello guys, welcome to the AvP community!

I have to ask- which aspects of the game were inspired by the first Alien film? Possibly an Alien Giger design skin?

Happy Alien

Well, firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer questions. You usually only see iPhone devs doing this sort of thing most of the time.

And while nothing bothers me that much, i do have one or two things to ask about, but none of them are major. Will there be the chance to attack while getting up in the full version?

Apologies if these have already been answered, and while they are minor, i felt i should include them in the same post as thanking you for answering the questions so as not to take up space.

:)

AMC_Duke

Nice to see that the developer care for the community !

I have only 1 question will you buff the Flamethrower in the retail version because it seems like it does nothing in the demo  ???

greetings !

swanhawk

Hello and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions
I only have one gripe Pulse rifle flash does need to be toned down close range targets can be imposible to track
Otherwise I can't wait to get my hands on the game based on the demo it looks awsome coodows to you guy's

mavox1

mavox1

hello, and welcome to the forum...i have a few small details that i dont like about this game, BUT what it comes down to is that i personally dont have enough controller time to bitch about the gameplay elements

some of the issues could def be addresses with the next installment or DLC imo are..

1) sound fx. MANY of the effects are spot on, but others are just way off or completely vacant. i understand your potentailly catering to fans that span over 5 movies or whatever, but things like the smart gun are just wrong. the pulse rifle is close, but just enough to make it wrong too..lots of others, but whatever. this game still delievers for the most part here

my question concerns DLC:

are their any DLC plans to have a predator survivor team holding off swarms of aliens? that type of team would require MUCH different strategy imo, and could potentially be more difficult considering the pred has no rapid fire range weaponry. i hated the AvP movies, but that scene atop the pyramid with the swarms of xenos was cool..i realize that from a processing stanpoint those type of numbers are impossible, BUT something similar would be cool...even the self destruction timer on the last pred standing could be strategically detonated to render more kills :'(

another idea could be a coop predator mission "terrorist hunt" type objective game were preds compete and/or move through a map to capture kills. the enemy AI spawn could be random like left 4 dead

this mode could prove interesting b/c as a competitive option, the preds could spawn on the opposite side of the map, racking up kills until ultimately crossing a human controlled pred at some point.

mavox1

mavox1

guys the flamethrower would be almost impossible to balance in mp, its just it has such a wide range that if it inflicted ultra realisitic damage it would be overpowered. thats the problem when you have a weapon thats doesnt require accuracy, but deals incredible damage-overpowered.

then everyone jumps in this thread "rebellion, tone down the flamethrower!!!"

the only thing i can think of is to restrict its fuel

SPECIAL FORCES

hi!!!

1...crouching (can hide better behind objects-crates when suddenly you realize a pred has a lock on you and to avoid a headshot and fight back)

2...always walk/run button

thanks!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Hive Tyrant

THERE WILL BE NO CROUCHING. Rebellion confirmed. Now stop asking about it.

About the flamethrower; if it dealt realistic damage it still wouldn't do much to Aliens, so it'd only work against Predators, which I am perfectly fine with.  :D

webley13

why is predators focus mode in "normal vision" not as good for pounce as it is in other visions?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed