Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,713 times)

psychoanomaly

psychoanomaly

Hello Eric! Glad to see that Rebellion is involved with their followers!

Anyways, I have a few questions, some of which have been asked (making them all the more important).

First, and most importantly, will we be seeing a return of the many weapons that you guys have seemingly dropped from the title (as it stands) in DLC? I'm talking about the iconic speargun, netgun, pred pistol, melee use for the combistick, minigun, and rocketlauncher. Will we be seeing any of these in the future?

Also, and this has also been addressed by several members, the alien attacks seems a lot slower then the previous AVP installments. This slow down of attack, coupled with the aliens relatively weak power (relative to the predator), definitely underpowers it. It seems to me that an increase of the attack speed would easily compensate for the weakness of the claw attack.

One last thing. Survival mode sounds awesome, and I understand that you guys are trying to create a tense and cinematic atmosphere akin to the Alien movies, but I will sorely miss being able to skirmish with wave after wave of Aliens as a Predator. Will this option ever be available?

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to have a crouch option... but that's a minor concern (albeit a shared one).

Thanks!

predpant

1 Simple Question really.....

Why is the heart beat in predator thermal vision the sound of a human
in the films its alot faster and well.... scarier really ??????????? thanks ;D ;D

JediMasterGabe

Yea i agree that the Predator is much too powerful compared to the other species, especially in melee combat with the Alien its hardly a fight and not to mention all their one hit kills. So i guess the question would be, do you plan to do anything to better balance the Predator to the Alien and Marine?

And yes the Alien can stealth kill from quite a long distance away I'm hoping that's just a demo problem. 

Nosugora

The new melee system is a great addition to multiplayer, but why the decision to remove so many other things that were in the previous titles? The class system, predalien, life cycle, queen molting, exosuits, corporates, and the marines and predators both have significantly less weapons... was this a budget issue?

predalien27

Quote from: Nosugora on Feb 11, 2010, 12:29:01 AM
The new melee system is a great addition to multiplayer, but why the decision to remove so many other things that were in the previous titles? The class system, predalien, life cycle, queen molting, exosuits, corporates, and the marines and predators both have significantly less weapons... was this a budget issue?
It was a balance issue.

@Eric: BTW, Are you going to attempt to get rid of this "pump fake".

Sarge51

Is the reason famous movie marines like Hudson, Vasques, and Hicks, are not multiplayer skin choices because of legal issues that have to do with using their likeness? And if that does turn out to be the case, why not have a Bishop skin in there seeing how you worked with Mr. Henriksen himself?

DamianPage

I have a problem With Flamethrower!

But most of all I must bring to your attention. That there is severe trouble with the servers in this game!

Ive played the demo an uncomfortable to admit amount of times. And I truly believe that there are issues that need to be fixed before people should purchase.

During full game sessions. 3 people are kicked. I know this becouse I check my score the whole game. If people are not kicked the lag makes the game unplayable. Ive talk amongs my friends and we have all decided that This game could not in any way handle 16 players at once.

Before you jump to conlcusions about my connection understand. That I pay for my connection and know how great it is. Not only is it expensive. and can run WoW on 3 different computers at once. But it also labels me as having a Green connection on xbox live showing 3-4 bars of great conectivity across all games!

Ive asked other players on the demo and they all agreed.
IF you dont beleive me I can start collecting gamertags!

If the servers where fixed if the connecting was fixed this game would be a must buy.

(oh and Melee system rocks!)

there are balance issues. But I believe you are right lets just wait and see.

God bless you for reading our posts!

DamianPage

Quote from: Sarge51 on Feb 11, 2010, 12:35:21 AM
Is the reason famous movie marines like Hudson, Vasques, and Hicks, are not multiplayer skin choices because of legal issues that have to do with using their likeness? And if that does turn out to be the case, why not have a Bishop skin in there seeing how you worked with Mr. Henriksen himself?
I must agree. And add that I would Pay $10 to play as Ripley and dutch!
So you put them as DLC later and I promise you I will buy them if they are true to the characters!

james-cameron fan

james-cameron fan

hi my question is why sega or Rebellion did not hit the original gunfire from the movies ?
the game gunfire is a very boring and annoying sound. and its a shame that the did not use the very powerful gunfire sounds like in the movies (aliens 2) i mean the pulse rifle is a drrr drr drrr drr sound and in the film changes the pitch of heights and deep sound when the shoot with the guns + smart gun does not have any sound like in the movies too thats not a good job and its very said that the changed this powerful epic sound i m a hardcore marine fan and this is a pure shame sorry but this is the only bad thing on this game . SO DID THE USE THE GUNFIRE FROM ALIENS IN THE FINAL GAME ?

EatWheat

Hi Eric I'm glad you keep intouch you fanbase I have a few questions.   First. What Differances are there in the final compared to the demo like the pred heavy attack is faster and stronger than the aliens , will that be changed and also will the flamethrower be more powerfully
becuase it sucks in the demo. Thanks for your time.

psychoanomaly

Quote from: JediMasterGabe on Feb 11, 2010, 12:28:05 AM] So i guess the question would be, do you plan to do anything to better balance the Predator to the Alien and Marine?

I think the balance issue could be fixed by increasing the speed of the Alien's attack. The Predator can still have stronger strikes, but a faster Alien attack would easily compensate for this.

KnifeEdge

Hmm i have 1 simple question for the skins that you unlock as you progress through multiplayer will you have any original cast from aliens? Like Hudson,Vasquez, and Hicks?

Soulsnake

1: Is what we see in the multiplayer demo all the weapons/abilities for all species we'll be using in the retail release? will there be anymore or is this the final count of weapons/abilities for all species in MP?

2: As people have mention the pred Heavy attack dominates, especially against an alien, you have no chance if the player you come up against knows how to melee properly. Also same with the flamethrower, needs tweaking when you guys patch it post release. :)

3: Multiplayer skins, will they be different from one another? or will it just be a different mask for the predator (same with aliens & marines) and not the body as an example?

4:  Combi stick, will it have a melee ability or is it a throwing weapon only?

DamianPage

Is there a Plan to utilise DLC as a means of giving fans new weopons?
Do you plan to add more abilities from Single player. Like Larger maps that would enable The auto turrents. Or maybe Predators have to hack into buildings by taking other peoples heads.
How about alien using vents? Hell why cant marines learn to utilise the facility. Perhaps closing off doors making it a single intrance. This would completely make up for lack of melee!

Inferno

Inferno

you guys are literally killing me with these questions that are NOT gameplay related. Post somewhere else, most of these questions are about things that have already been talked about. Yes thats the final weapons count and ablities...we have not seen anything different. NO there wont be any skins of original cast members (hicks, vazquez) due to copy right issues. They want constructive criticism of the demo to make tweaks to gameplay, get a grip.

Quote- The question asked was not gameplay related  (i.e. Aesthetics, Story, Audio, etc.)

This was posted by [REB] Trigger for one of the reasons why he won't be answering your questions. Read the first posts before typing.

-Now Rebellion staff members,

I've read the concerns of some of these posters, I feel the balance is pretty near perfect. Most of the complaining is due to inexperiance of the game. The Predator Heavy attack is done well, the audible roar before the attack should serve as a large light bulb to throw a light attack, the pred attack can be defeated. Changing the combistick to a melee weapon will throw the delicate balance off, so I say keep it as a ranged weapon. All ranged attacks make sense, nearly perfect. However the pred disc, I can see why that is overpowering, it does leave the predator open to attack while he is aiming the disc. I'd say give it more time until the flaws of the weapon will be seen. A cool down effect would be a good idea, but players have been unable to figure out that maybe trying to sprint to the side of the predator woudl be a good idea while the disc is in flight.

The balance is amazing because as a pred I can't just run up to a marine and smack him around, I actually HAVE to be stealthy in order to do great for both species. Players go into the mind set and play to movie accuracy, in that regard, you have achieved your goal, aliens actually use the walls and stick to the dark.

About the Alien vs Predator melee, I think that's fine as well, some players dont utilize the aliens movement well, or not try to go on the wall/ceiling to tail the pred, like I said, I'd hold off on these changes.

Only things that can be questionable are:
1. Disc cooldown (I would wait a while on this one, until people start to figure it out)
2. A possible audible hiss for the Alien heavy attack. (sometimes its hard to make out the animation and the range on the tail is quite devastating, it needs to be caught early) a hiss would be great. OR no audible noise from both species, make sure you read the movements, and there could be a noise at the initial strike.
3. Depth perception, seem your out of range with melee attacks, but your not.

-Good Work, I truly wish this game does well because we'd love nothing more than more AvP games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed